Dez, Jordy or Wallace?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
DRS540
Captain
Captain

Dez, Jordy or Wallace?

Postby DRS540 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

How would you take for the next 3-4 years?
12 Team Keeper League/PPR after 3 Catches - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, DEF, K

QB: Derek Carr
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, James White, Derrick Henry, Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara
WR: Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Martavis Bryant, Corey Coleman, Chris Hogan, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Martellus Bennett, Austin Hooper
FLEX: Martavis Bryant
D/ST: Steelers
K: Cairo Santos

IR: Julian Edelman

2018 Keepers: TBD

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Dez, Jordy or Wallace?

Postby melish1631 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Wallace
Jordy
Bryant
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

This is a very volatile group of players to sort. Wallace's best chance to retain value is to stay in PIT, or perhaps if Arians "recruits" him over to IND in the offseason. Anywhere else would be less than ideal. Jordy to me is a WR2 and no more. Even if Jennings leaves, there are still a lot of mouths to feed in GB. Dez to me has the highest ceiling of the three, but also the lowest floor. Also, who knows what the coaching situation in DAL is next year, or if Romo gets canned or not when they miss the playoffs. Not to mention the knucklehead factor.

So for me to rank them, I'm going to make some assumptions on how the offseason will shake out.

Wallace - PIT finds a way to sign him for "slightly" more money than A. Brown after team restructuring, Haley opens the offense a little more
Dez - Romo stays, Garrett leaves, and Dez refrains from beating up a family member over the summer
Jordy - One of Jennings/Jones leaves, Cobb takes more prominent role, and GB addresses their RB situation

Given these assumptions, I actually have Wallace and Dez really closely ranked compared to each other. I am lower on Jordy than most people on this forum. Now, this can totally blow up if things don't go down like this.

JohnnyFive
Captain
Captain

Postby JohnnyFive » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I have them all fairly close so whoever you can get the cheapest take.
Keep On Rockin In The Free World

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm

JohnnyFive wrote:I have them all fairly close so whoever you can get the cheapest take.
This seems like a decent approach. Wallace could be in a bad spot next year. Nelson has to compete with a lot of other options. Dez is a dezaster. Nelson doesn't seem to have near the trade value of the other two.

Duffmanohno2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Duffmanohno2003 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:07 am

MR ROURKE wrote:
JohnnyFive wrote:I have them all fairly close so whoever you can get the cheapest take.
This seems like a decent approach. Wallace could be in a bad spot next year. Nelson has to compete with a lot of other options. Dez is a dezaster. Nelson doesn't seem to have near the trade value of the other two.

Agreed. This means that you can get Jordy, but then can't move him later...so if you're acquiring, get Jordy. If cutting players, keep Wallace or Dez.
SCUFFLE DyNasty 12 Team PPR
2005, 2011, & 2012 Champs
QBs: T. Brady
RBs: G. Bernard, M. Forte, L. Miller, J. Stewart
WR/TE: T. Hilton, D. Thomas, B. Quick
D: Streaming
K: Streaming

DRS540
Captain
Captain

Postby DRS540 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Its definitely a tough group to rank. Much appreciated for the responses.
12 Team Keeper League/PPR after 3 Catches - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, DEF, K

QB: Derek Carr
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, James White, Derrick Henry, Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara
WR: Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Martavis Bryant, Corey Coleman, Chris Hogan, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Martellus Bennett, Austin Hooper
FLEX: Martavis Bryant
D/ST: Steelers
K: Cairo Santos

IR: Julian Edelman

2018 Keepers: TBD

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Bryant
Wallace
Nelson
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 am

Wallace - He's easily in this spot. He's as durable as they come, rarely injured, very consistent, has produced since he was a rookie and has carried WR1 value longer then anyone else. I don't care where he goes. Sure his QB on a new team affects him as it does anyone, but all things considered he's a guy I value highly in dynasty circles for all the reasons listed above.

Dez - Kenny Britt is a headache to own, Dez hardly is. Let me know when he gets suspended and actually misses some games, until then people overblow everything. Brandon Marshall has been suspended how many times now? Ask his owners if that matters right now in terms of how happy they are to own him, or how valuable he is. He's got immense upside, and what excites me about him is since day 1 I've seen elite play-making ability(which not everyone has, Crabtree has never shown me that), a great red zone threat, and even more exciting has been the consistent career arch for him that is still moving up. He's gotten better every year, stats have improved every year across the board, role in the offense is growing, and while he's still making mental mistakes and errors he's not a finished product. People want to get upset because he should be by now, but I think he's still got untapped potential that he may, or may not ever reach, but for the production we get now, and the age, and the potential for more, sign me up anytime.

Jordy - Not a huge Jordy fan, but he's a good WR to own. Best QB out of the bunch, best offense, and Jennings probably leaves. I don't think he's 15 touchdowns good, but he's 7-8 TD's good per year. He has less risk involved then Dez owning him, but I don't think he's as talented either or has as much upside, and I usually give my advantages to talent over situation for me personally. I like Cobb more then Jordy there, but there are plenty of balls to go around. I think he's more of a guy to be a threat for 70/1100/7 if he plays the whole season versus what he was last year, but he does have a pretty high floor in GB also. I have him a lot lower then Wallace, but only a tad bit lower then Dez.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)