McFadden or Charles

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

McFadden or Charles

Postby dm1129 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 pm

I am asking this question purely in a long-term sense. I am considering trying to trade Darren McFadden for Jamaal Charles. Both are 25 years old. McFadden has about 60 more career carries than Charles. I think McFadden is extremely talented, but as everyone knows, also very injury prone and a slow healer. Charles is recovering from his own serious knee injury. The reason I am considering trying to make this trade is the zone blocking scheme implemented by the new coaching staff does not seem to work for McFadden. He flourished in a power blocking scheme under Hue Jackson after struggling with a zone blocking scheme in prior years. So this is the second attempt at having him run in a zone blocking scheme and to this point he is averaging 3.3 ypc. Meanwhile Charles has averaged 5.0 ypc after returning from major knee surgery and a poor passing offense. Has McFadden lost something from the foot injury last year? Are Oakland's O- Linemen not suited to zone blocking? I know McFadden has not been getting room to run very often. I also know that it is too soon to say that the new blocking scheme won't work for the Raiders. My reason for thinking about making the offer is this, if Charles can produce with a poor passing game while returning from a major knee surgery and having a defense-oriented head coach, then we have already seen his floor in production. McFadden may turn out to be fine, but there appears to be more risks with him compared to Charles. Who would you rather have, McFadden or Charles? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Last edited by dm1129 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: McFadden or Charles

Postby joekool » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm

I'd rather have DMC but only by a slim margin. Both are certainly injury-prone and both have the potential to go off for a 55 yard dash at any time. Both are on crappy teams, though the Raiders certainly have more weapons and can disguise the play a little bit more. Both have weak QBs, though Ill take Palmer before Cassel/Quinn 10x out of 10. Both get about the same amount of receptions so there is likely no advantage in PPR etc. JC is also in a RBBC, whereas DMC is the undisputed lead back. Perhaps its personal pref, maybe just the RBBC issue, or maybe all the little things that add up, but I prefer DMC.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 pm

DMC for me. I've always thought Charles was over rated by most.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:48 pm

McFadden, barely.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am

Charles