Ladarius Green vs. Dwayne Allen

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which would you rather have on your roster?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Ladarius Green
55%
Dwayne Allen
45%

Total votes: 11

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Ladarius Green vs. Dwayne Allen

Postby Defender » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Which would you rather have on your roster? And why?
The standard is the standard.

xlote
Starter
Starter

Re: Ladarius Green vs. Dwayne Allen

Postby xlote » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 am

IMO Allen will be a career TE2 tops both because he'll be behind Fleener in the pecking order and because he lacks separation skills.

Green is lower floor, higher ceiling. If you have roster room I take him and wait and hope he busts out in 2 or 3 years.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Allen. He is by far the best all-around tight end prospect in this draft class. Green has an uphill battle like Julius Thomas in Denver. I sometimes wonder if we are getting overly excited about the basketball player turned tight end after being spoiled by guys like Gonzalez, Gates, Graham, etc. Ladarius' last name starts with the right letter. That's for sure.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

CokeAndBacardi wrote:Allen. He is by far the best all-around tight end prospect in this draft class. Green has an uphill battle like Julius Thomas in Denver. I sometimes wonder if we are getting overly excited about the basketball player turned tight end after being spoiled by guys like Gonzalez, Gates, Graham, etc. Ladarius' last name starts with the right letter. That's for sure.
All-around as in good blocker?

I still believe Allen's a TE2, I try not to draft TE2s, if I need one I can get them off waivers. In fact I get some TE1s off waivers as people tend to really overlook what's going on with TEs unless they're Gronk or Graham.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

xlote wrote:
CokeAndBacardi wrote:Allen. He is by far the best all-around tight end prospect in this draft class. Green has an uphill battle like Julius Thomas in Denver. I sometimes wonder if we are getting overly excited about the basketball player turned tight end after being spoiled by guys like Gonzalez, Gates, Graham, etc. Ladarius' last name starts with the right letter. That's for sure.
All-around as in good blocker?

I still believe Allen's a TE2, I try not to draft TE2s, if I need one I can get them off waivers. In fact I get some TE1s off waivers as people tend to really overlook what's going on with TEs unless they're Gronk or Graham.
As in good blocker, good route runner, good athlete and good pass catcher. Allen is going around the 17th round in startups. That's 10 rounds after Fleener. For a start 2TE league like mine, there is definitely value to be had there.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lifesyourcup » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:26 pm

xlote wrote:IMO Allen will be a career TE2 tops both because he'll be behind Fleener in the pecking order and because he lacks separation skills.

Green is lower floor, higher ceiling. If you have roster room I take him and wait and hope he busts out in 2 or 3 years.
Allen is a better blocker (uses his strength better), but a different type of receiver than Fleener. I see him running shorter routes, with Fleener running longer routes. It's early, but Allen had been running with the 1st-team so far. It won't be too long from now, but they both will see the field at the same time.

As for Allen's separation, he doesn't need as much with his strength and ball skills.