Little or Baldwin long-term?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

*Update: Little or Jon Baldwin long-term?

Greg Little
48%
Jon Baldwin
52%

Total votes: 62

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Little or Baldwin long-term?

Postby melish1631 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:34 am

Close one...I'll take Little since they added Gordon along with TRichardson and Weeden....I see Little developing into an Anquan Boldin type of possession WR
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

since I have Little, I just went to the Baldwin owner and offered A.J. Jenkins and 4.7 for Baldwin. He said he likes it and is thinking it over....

SO why not grab both if I can to start this season?

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Rustyram78 wrote:since I have Little, I just went to the Baldwin owner and offered A.J. Jenkins and 4.7 for Baldwin. He said he likes it and is thinking it over....

SO why not grab both if I can to start this season?
Haha, well that's a big problem for me, since I need to cut one of Baldwin or Little in my keeper league soon because I already own both. :P

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 pm

ah ha! now I see the reason for the thread.

Regardless, I didn't give Baldwin much thought, but after reading these posts, why not give it a shot. I have been disappointed in A.J. Jenkins and don't think he will see my starting lineup for at least 2 years. Probably more.

Great posts from everyone.

I must confess I have not visited this section of the forum much, but I like it. I think i may have to start some player debates in the near future.

Maybe something like A.J. Jenkins or Jon Baldwin? :thumbup:

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Rustyram78 wrote:ah ha! now I see the reason for the thread.
Haha, well you know what's funny is that when I started this thread I didn't own Baldwin on any of my teams -- but I guess you could say this thread now has morphed into having some added purpose behind it. :D

I was more curious on these 2 guys because they came from the same draft class, and Little had been getting all the forum fanfare while Baldwin kinda flew under the radar. I had contemplated acquiring Baldwin for cheap at some point (my leagues are down on him), but then for the keeper-league team in my sig, the Baldwin owner kinda almost gave him away 2 weeks ago. I went for it even though I previously thought Little would be my WR3. Now I'm not so sure. :wall: I'll be honest, I was pretty ignorant about Baldwin other than his locker room fight when I posted the thread. After doing some homework, he's grown on me a lot. But now the poll is tied again, so ya... :bored:

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 am

I have Baldwin in 3 of my 4 leagues....and for good reason. He might be better than Bowe.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:14 pm

standard_variance wrote:I have Baldwin in 3 of my 4 leagues....and for good reason. He might be better than Bowe.
Wow, bold claim. I think the key word here should be "might", because Bowe ain't no slouch. What makes you think he is better than Bowe?

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:03 am

holy_stromboli wrote:
standard_variance wrote:I have Baldwin in 3 of my 4 leagues....and for good reason. He might be better than Bowe.
Wow, bold claim. I think the key word here should be "might", because Bowe ain't no slouch. What makes you think he is better than Bowe?

I just feel like Bowe is a bit of a princess sometimes and Baldwin has more grit and toughness to him. When I said he "might be"...I meant "might become" better than Bowe.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 am

Baldwin by a good margin for me. I own Baldwin in about 4 leagues, Little in 1. This was my feeling before Gordon came around too.

Baldwin just has some elite measurables, and is a freakish athlete. We might be looking at a big time breakout prospect for 2013 so I've been trying to buy in as many leagues as I can. Bowe is likely gone, they are likely going to find another QB here soon, and the upside is just really high. I like Little, but I don't see the same type of game breaker or game changer I see from Baldwin. Little has some Anquan Boldin in his game though, Baldwin looks like Vincent Jackson in the making. I think he can do everything Little can, and a bunch of things he can't.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Tattoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tattoo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm not a fan of Baldwin but even as a Little owner, I would have to say this is close. Still, I give a slight edge and prefer Little.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:
Rustyram78 wrote:ah ha! now I see the reason for the thread.
Haha, well you know what's funny is that when I started this thread I didn't own Baldwin on any of my teams -- but I guess you could say this thread now has morphed into having some added purpose behind it. :D

I was more curious on these 2 guys because they came from the same draft class, and Little had been getting all the forum fanfare while Baldwin kinda flew under the radar. I had contemplated acquiring Baldwin for cheap at some point (my leagues are down on him), but then for the keeper-league team in my sig, the Baldwin owner kinda almost gave him away 2 weeks ago. I went for it even though I previously thought Little would be my WR3. Now I'm not so sure. :wall: I'll be honest, I was pretty ignorant about Baldwin other than his locker room fight when I posted the thread. After doing some homework, he's grown on me a lot. But now the poll is tied again, so ya... :bored:
Poll still tied, awesome. :lol: For the aforementioned keeper-league team, I cut Little this week and kept Baldwin. Now I play the waiting game... :waiting: