Foster vs Rice

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who do you prefer and why?

Ray Rice
41%
Arian Foster
59%

Total votes: 44

chadtriumph
Starter
Starter

Re: Foster vs Rice

Postby chadtriumph » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 am

I love Foster, don't get me wrong.. but the Texans have said that are going to try to give Foster less touches and get Tate into the mix so he stays fresh and to prolong his career. So, I would have to lean toward Rice.. He does go up against tough defenses but he always seems to consistently get his. The Ravens run their offense through him- he'll get plenty of touches.

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Unless it's PPR, I'd say Foster has an edge. He's a great red-zone runner.

Demonmonger
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Demonmonger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm

I prefer Rice, and here is why.

Rice is a more sturdy(less injury prone) RB with less competition on a team built around him.

Foster does have the injury prone label, hence the reason Tate is even there. Foster plays a style that suggests he will have less years in the league, higher RB competition, and a team that is a well rounded attack, where some games he can become a non factor based on extreme success in the passing attack with Andre and Daniels and company.

Either way, you are getting an Elite top of the line world class RB with both men, but I give the edge to Rice.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:13 am

Demonmonger wrote: Foster does have the injury prone label, hence the reason Tate is even there.

Foster plays a style that suggests he will have less years in the league, higher RB competition, and a team that is a well rounded attack, where some games he can become a non factor based on extreme success in the passing attack with Andre and Daniels and company.
Tate is there because they drafted him thinking they still needed a starting RB. Foster had only started the last 2 games of the year and was not considered the all-pro stud he is today

Compared to the brutal running style of Rice you can't seriously think Foster takes a bigger pounding. And the fact he's on a team with Andre has nothing to do with his running style

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 pm

If I had a choice I'd take Rice personally, but as it is I have Foster and I'm just fine with that, but I'd give the edge to Rice. I imagine if Rice played for Houston he'd be head and shoulders (not literally of course) above Foster.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08