Is Jacobs at 1.01 crazy?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Is Jacobs at 1.01 crazy?

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:44 pm

I think i am leaning that way right now pre-draft and landing spot will play a role. We draft the saturday after the real draft so my time to evaluate post draft is not long. For my team in sig is he the right pick? PPR league with 1 point per 5 yards rushing :confused:
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Jacobs at 1.01 crazy?

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 pm

It's not crazy - he is in the conversation, for sure.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Indygator wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:44 pm I think i am leaning that way right now pre-draft and landing spot will play a role. We draft the saturday after the real draft so my time to evaluate post draft is not long. For my team in sig is he the right pick? PPR league with 1 point per 5 yards rushing :confused:
In this format, I'd say he is the clear 1.01 if he's a first round pick in the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 am

Landing spots will play a big role but I could see him going 1.01 depending on team need. I'm not a big fan of drafting WR's with the 1.01 personally.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:37 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 am Landing spots will play a big role but I could see him going 1.01 depending on team need. I'm not a big fan of drafting WR's with the 1.01 personally.
I'm usually not either and there isn't any 1 WR really standing out to me at the moment...and CLEARLY i need RB help in a bad bad way. I've tried the trade route but my league is currently going through a phase that if the other owner isn't completely raping you on the deal nothing will get done.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 am

I think he's my clear cut 1.01 pre-draft. Looking back at the last 4-5 years in rookie drafts it makes it extremely difficult to trust drafting a WR with the 1.01 or even a top 3 pick IMO.

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gman6199 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Looking at your roster I would go RB with your 1st pick. As for Jacobs I would say yes, but it is very much dependent on his landing spot.
Though he didn't catch many passes he is said to have decent receiving skill. IMO the following teams need an RB so do your research carefully so you don't waste the Pick 1:

Oakland
Tampa Bay
Houston
Chiefs

Less so:
Chicago
Atlanta
Buffalo
Carolina
Jacksonville
New York Giants

I feel for you too buddy, I too am in a league where you need to give up Gurley and Hopkins to get a WR2. Makes life hard. Good luck

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 pm

gman6199 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm Looking at your roster I would go RB with your 1st pick. As for Jacobs I would say yes, but it is very much dependent on his landing spot.
Though he didn't catch many passes he is said to have decent receiving skill. IMO the following teams need an RB so do your research carefully so you don't waste the Pick 1:

Oakland
Tampa Bay
Houston
Chiefs

Less so:
Chicago
Atlanta

Buffalo
Carolina
Jacksonville
New York Giants

I feel for you too buddy, I too am in a league where you need to give up Gurley and Hopkins to get a WR2. Makes life hard. Good luck
I think these 4 would actually be his best landing spots. If his catching ability is as good as they're saying, he would be an upgrade and a great pair with Cohen in Chicago, or a potential 3 down back with Houston, KC, Atlanta. But I doubt he falls to the Bears.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 pm

whodunnit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 pm
gman6199 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm Looking at your roster I would go RB with your 1st pick. As for Jacobs I would say yes, but it is very much dependent on his landing spot.

Oakland
Tampa Bay
Houston
Chiefs

Less so:
Chicago
Atlanta

Buffalo
Carolina
Jacksonville
New York Giants

I think these 4 would actually be his best landing spots. If his catching ability is as good as they're saying, he would be an upgrade and a great pair with Cohen in Chicago, or a potential 3 down back with Houston, KC, Atlanta. But I doubt he falls to the Bears.
If he landed in KC I wouldn’t even question it I’d lock it in in a second

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 am

My take on Jacobs:

He is indeed an intriguing prospect due to his obvious dynamic abilities that show up on the film, and the much talked about usage “issue”.

Some say he couldn’t even carve out a larger role, while others are excited due to low wear and tear on the old tires.

He was only a 3 star recruit, but I believe it to be so because he was late to the show in terms of his training and development as an overall athlete. It has been said that he did not lift a weight until he got to Alabama, and I believe it.

He came in as a gifted, but raw prospect that in three years, has emerged as perhaps the most complete and skilled back on Alabama’s roster, and in many’s opinion, the entire draft... I agree with this sentiment.

His off the field demeanor is said to be top notch, his work ethic is off the charts, and he has tremendous growth potential to even further refine his game play and his physical attributes.

Some blue chip prospects are limited in their growth because they have peaked at an earlier age, and they never tend to continue to develop once they reach the pros... you see this more often than you think.

He is not a sure thing like Saquon or Zeke.... but he has only slightly less upside in my opinion. I see outstanding growth potential, potential clearly worth the 1.1. I think he is going to be special.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 am

bigcsr67 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 am My take on Jacobs:

He is indeed an intriguing prospect due to his obvious dynamic abilities that show up on the film, and the much talked about usage “issue”.

Some say he couldn’t even carve out a larger role, while others are excited due to low wear and tear on the old tires.

He was only a 3 star recruit, but I believe it to be so because he was late to the show in terms of his training and development as an overall athlete. It has been said that he did not lift a weight until he got to Alabama, and I believe it.

He came in as a gifted, but raw prospect that in three years, has emerged as perhaps the most complete and skilled back on Alabama’s roster, and in many’s opinion, the entire draft... I agree with this sentiment.

His off the field demeanor is said to be top notch, his work ethic is off the charts, and he has tremendous growth potential to even further refine his game play and his physical attributes.

Some blue chip prospects are limited in their growth because they have peaked at an earlier age, and they never tend to continue to develop once they reach the pros... you see this more often than you think.

He is not a sure thing like Saquon or Zeke.... but he has only slightly less upside in my opinion. I see outstanding growth potential, potential clearly worth the 1.1. I think he is going to be special.
Sold.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 pm It's not crazy - he is in the conversation, for sure.
I quite concur with Phaded. Also good writeup by bigcsr67. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..