Rosen...

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Rosen...

Postby vixen » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 pm

what are your thoughts now..
i really liked him, but now i am a little nervous....but that team was a mess
anyone have any thoughts...i didn't get to see many games (just caught some clips on RedZone occasionally)
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rosen...

Postby Blueboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Glimpses of good stuff, but overall looked very bad. Quality reminiscent of Trubisky's rookie year, and he was similarly in too bad a spot to really analyze him. I'm confident that the new coaching staff will definitively reveal whether he's a bust.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Based on games Footage during day games I saw a great ball come from his hands. Has has an uncanny feel great medium to deep balls that isn’t easily coachable

Negatives. At the top of the list is the long throwing motion. Has a bad habit of hitting the ball with his off hand before going into throwing motion. It’s a tell that gave safeties critical time to double team coverage. Has happy feet. Horrible offensive line, but wasn’t comfortable in the pocket.

There are other things but to me these two items have to be corrected for him take advantage of his arm. Likely comparison to me is Jay Cutler. He’s not at Jays level and not as good mobility as cutler but similar attitudes. Really interest to see if self critism and humility enable him to develop as a team mate and pocket passer.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am

I think Rosen is a great buy low/make a jump candidate. He throws a good ball and the entire team was a total mess last season. From a fantasy standpoint, I would not move him, I think he is a strong hold.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:29 am

There's always going to be shades of doubt with these rookie QBs but how many have we seen in recent memory who had pretty atrocious rookie seasons?

Rosen, Darnold and Jackson were all 21 years old their rookie seasons, Goff was also 21 at the start of his rookie season. People are expecting there to be no growing pains with these QBs, and now with the success of guys like Goff and Trubisky (being able to make such a jump) that pressure to produce grows.

From a statistical perspective, Josh Rosen checked a lot of boxes to be a successful starter in the NFL but also had a horribly dysfunctional team. We saw Sam Bradford look like a total waste of space in that offense and Sam has been a decent player in his career.

If he's your QB2 or something, I'd have a little worry about him but if you're in a Superflex or 2QB where he's your QB3 or QB4 so be it.