Jordan Howard vs Kenyan Drake

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
KingWizard12
Rookie
Rookie

Jordan Howard vs Kenyan Drake

Postby KingWizard12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:49 pm

I looking to pick up a bench running back with upside. Who has more upside Howard or Drake?
Team 1
10 team full PPR
Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Wr/Rb/Te

QB: Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold

RB: Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Royce Freeman, Austin Ekler, Duke Johnson, Jaylen Samuels

WR: Odell, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, Doug Baldwin, James Washington, TreQuan Smith, John Brown

TE: Travis Kelce, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert

Team 2 (inherited)
12 team 1/2 PPR
QB, Rb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Wr, Te, Wr/Te, Wr/Te/Rb, Qb/Wr/Te/Rb

QB: Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridewater

RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Rashaad Penny, Tevin Coleman, Jerrick McKinnon, Raheem Mostert, Adrian Peterson, Malcom Brown, John Kelly, Elijah McGuire, Bruce Anderson, Paul Perkins

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, James Washington, Josh Gordon, Allen Hurns, LaQuon Treadwell

TE: George Kittle, Noah Fant, Jake Butt, Jimmy Graham, Adam Shaheen, Mo Ali Cox

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jordan Howard vs Kenyan Drake

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Drake has higher upside

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 am

I would rather carry Drake on my bench then Howard. More pass catching opportunity

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:54 am

Drake, especially with a new coaching staff

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Howard. these responses are highly questionable.

Howard is coming off a 3rd straight 1100 yard season (1080 total in 2018 to be really real) with at least 7 TD. his coach will remain the same, his backfield compliment will remain the same and will remain small, his QB will remain the same, his outside threats are good and will remain the same.

Drake is coming off a 2nd consecutive season with at least 800 yards and 4 TD. His coach is new. His QB will be new. His team had his split with frank gore in 2018 (not at all a promising sign), his team drafted ballage in the 4th in 2018, there is absolutely zero clarity to drakes role, usage, or standing with the new coaching staff/qb.

if the question was who is better at getting flashy touchdowns in 2017 and 2018 i would be totally on board with Drake, that was not the question however.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dunville » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm Howard. these responses are highly questionable.

Howard is coming off a 3rd straight 1100 yard season (1080 total in 2018 to be really real) with at least 7 TD. his coach will remain the same, his backfield compliment will remain the same and will remain small, his QB will remain the same, his outside threats are good and will remain the same.

Drake is coming off a 2nd consecutive season with at least 800 yards and 4 TD. His coach is new. His QB will be new. His team had his split with frank gore in 2018 (not at all a promising sign), his team drafted ballage in the 4th in 2018, there is absolutely zero clarity to drakes role, usage, or standing with the new coaching staff/qb.

if the question was who is better at getting flashy touchdowns in 2017 and 2018 i would be totally on board with Drake, that was not the question however.
I understand the points made here however I feel we have seen Howard’s ceiling, last year Howard finished as the RB22 and Drake finished RB14.

The points made about Drake could actually be flipped; the fact he was in a committee with questionable coaching and still finished as RB14 shows his upside, there is potential for him to be placed in a more favourable timeshare or even featured role which presents huge upside based off of what he did last year.

Whereas Howard is locked into his two down role without any clear indicators that his usage in the passing game will increase, thus limiting his upside.

Like anything this time of year a lot of things are purely speculation and who knows what will happen in FA or the draft.

That’s why I feel Drake has a much higher ceiling, sure he may have a lower floor maybe due to the questions posed, but at the same time more upside which was the question that was asked.
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Stroud Tua
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown
WR Hill, JJ, AJB, Keenan, ReedReed, Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Tucker
TE Hockenson Ferguson,
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Donald Zach Allen
DE Crosby, Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum,
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Barton, Overshown, Cashman, Henley
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant,
2024 - 1.03, 3.05, 3.12, 6th
2025 2, 3,4,5,6

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I'm a Howard fan but it's close.