Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - RB1 production in 2019?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - RB1 production in 2019?

Postby ajf235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:44 am

I love Aaron Jones as a talent and think he’s a top 12 back going forward on a per game basis (if he keeps the featured role). That said, I’m very worried about his draft pedigree and injury history. I have him for $6 in a keeper league so I have to keep him, but I’m still skeptical of relying on him as my third RB (I really want to have an RB1 or WR1 in the flex next year). It just seems silly to draft another top notch RB when I already have Chubb, Guice and Jones for dirt cheap and only Golladay at WR.

Jamaal Williams, while clearly the inferior talent and likely to be relegated to 3-5 touches per game in a chance of pace role in 2019, has been a low-end RB1 when he’s been the starter and I figure he should only go for $4-5 max in drafts next year. Do you think if I handcuff Williams to Jones next year instead of spending big bucks on a fourth RB that I’ll basically be guaranteed high-end RB2/low-end RB1 production for the entire season from the Green Bay backfield (barring an injury to Williams)?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - RB1 production in 2019?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Having both would be ideal. I love Jones talent but he does have issues staying on the field. Lock up Williams and hope it doesn't go back to being 50-50