Aaron Jones vs Rashaad Penny vs Derrius Guice

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Aaron Jones vs Rashaad Penny vs Derrius Guice

Postby ajf235 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 am

How would you rank Penny, Guice and Jones in half PPR based on who you think will score the most points from 2019-2020?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Jones vs Rashaad Penny vs Derrius Guice

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Guice, Jones, Penny

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Jones, Guice (can easily move up),

Penny
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm

This is tough. Penny has looked good in limited action, has proven he can be an explosive playmaker in the NFL, BUT will his team use him? I have him above Guice on talent, have done before this season, and still do based on the fact he has clearly shown his game can translate. Guice has had knee problems for 2 straight years, AND suffered complications to his ACL surgery. He may not have the competition that Penny has, and thus more opportunity to score points. Jones has not proven he can stay healthy, but has proven he can produce. The Packers will have a new staff next year, so who knows how that shakes out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm This is tough. Penny has looked good in limited action, has proven he can be an explosive playmaker in the NFL, BUT will his team use him? I have him above Guice on talent, have done before this season, and still do based on the fact he has clearly shown his game can translate. Guice has had knee problems for 2 straight years, AND suffered complications to his ACL surgery. He may not have the competition that Penny has, and thus more opportunity to score points. Jones has not proven he can stay healthy, but has proven he can produce. The Packers will have a new staff next year, so who knows how that shakes out.
I had Guice just ever so slightly ahead of Penny from a talent standpoint but I had Penny ahead of guice in my rankings due to situation....funny how things change so fast, now I love Guice's situation 1000x more than Penny's, only concern is like you said....he knee issues.

I love Penny but I just can't see Carson going away, I expect both of them to consistently get 10-12 carries per game with Penny taking the lead in the passing game but Carson getting the goal line carries.....AKA fantasy nightmare lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm This is tough. Penny has looked good in limited action, has proven he can be an explosive playmaker in the NFL, BUT will his team use him? I have him above Guice on talent, have done before this season, and still do based on the fact he has clearly shown his game can translate. Guice has had knee problems for 2 straight years, AND suffered complications to his ACL surgery. He may not have the competition that Penny has, and thus more opportunity to score points. Jones has not proven he can stay healthy, but has proven he can produce. The Packers will have a new staff next year, so who knows how that shakes out.
I had Guice just ever so slightly ahead of Penny from a talent standpoint but I had Penny ahead of guice in my rankings due to situation....funny how things change so fast, now I love Guice's situation 1000x more than Penny's, only concern is like you said....he knee issues.

I love Penny but I just can't see Carson going away, I expect both of them to consistently get 10-12 carries per game with Penny taking the lead in the passing game but Carson getting the goal line carries.....AKA fantasy nightmare lol
I am wondering what is going to happen at QB in Washington now. Hoping Guice can stay healthy, but I have a bad feeling about his ability to do so. As for Penny, I really hope they utilize him in the passing game next year. A good game against Arizona this week would be nice to see. Carson is certainly a concern. I thought Penny had a great situation, funny. Funny how people were worried about the offensive line, but they have been great. It was Carson that ended up being the concern for Penny, not the OL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick