Melvin Gordon - Return Timetable?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Melvin Gordon - Return Timetable?

Postby senska11 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 am
Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

No way unless a key player gets injured sure, but that could happen to literally anyone so why bother discussing it? You obviously didn't read my post that you quoted very well. Try again.
What happens of LAC beats KC in week 15? Chiefs didn't look so great against the raiders, barely pulled off a win. Maybe they are regretting letting Kareem go, Ware didn't look all that great.
Barely pulled off a win? The Chiefs were playing on auto pilot c'mon man, watch the games. I already outlined that scenario also. Even if the Chargers beat KC (should be a great game) the Chargers would still need to win out because the Chiefs aren't losing to the Raiders Seahawks or Ravens. Then it would come down to tiebreakers which KC would hold the rights to better division record...

And please tell me how keeping Kareem would've helped them this week? You're bringing up irrelevant points in a Melvin Gordon injury thread. If he's back this week then none of this matters and the Chiefs still have the #1 seed
You're about as ignorant as they come.
Did you watch the game at all? The Chiefs couldn't stop a high school team. The Raiders easily could have won that game. 3 fumbles lost, two of them on what was looking like promising drives including one near the red zone. The Chiefs were pretty much outplayed by the f'ing Raiders.
The Chiefs could easily lose to any of those teams. Both the Seahawks and Ravens will probably be playing for more.
How would Kareem Hunt have helped? Are you serious? Your ignorance is showing again. Ware had 14 carries for 47 yards and was flat out bad. You're asking how Hunt would have helped!? And you're telling other people to watch the game? LOL.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am

Hunt would've helped so much on the exempt list. And you say I'm ignorant "LOL"

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:40 am

That conversation is obviously going nowhere and won't be settled until week 17 is over...

Any updates on Gordon to get this thread back on track?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am Hunt would've helped so much on the exempt list. And you say I'm ignorant "LOL"
My point was more to the fact that Kareem playing would have made it easier for them to manage the game and keep the ball out of Oakland's hands. Anyone making the argument that the Chiefs are just fine without kareem are wrong. He was doing things Spencer ware can't dream of doing and because of that their team is weaker, it showed last week. All I'm saying is that if its pretty embarrassing the Chiefs let Oakland put up 33 points on them. What happens when they play a good defense like the Chargers, the Ravens, and the Seahawks and they don't put up 40 points? The whole point of this thread was wondering when MG would come back, you made the argument they won't rush him back because there is no way they take the #1 seed away from the chiefs but the reality is it is extremely possible and coaches aren't making decisions based on the likely performances of other teams. They are thinking "we have to do our best and it will all work out". The chargers have nearly identical strength of schedule going forward as the chiefs if not easier. So yeah Gordon will be rushed back as soon as he can which is likely week 15.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I didn't say the Chiefs were better off without him. Hes gone whether released or not, he wasn't playing either way. I still don't think it means the chargers overtake them.

I originally said there was No way because MG3 was originally supposed to be out a month... It was very likely at that point (week 16 minimum) that the playoff race would be close to wrapped up. I'm not sure why I keep needing to explain myself?

If Gordon is back this week I think they are rushing him back too soon but maybe it's not as bad of an injury. I am not disagreeing at all that the Chargers will make a push to win out. But like I said before, it's gonna take a KC meltdown to lose that division and I don't see it. I don't care how many points OAK put up, because KC had control the whole way. We all know KC defense is bad