Rank the rookie RBs from 2019-2021

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rank the rookie RBs from 2019-2021

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 pm

My pre draft rankings were crap

Barkley
Guice
Penny
Jones :wall:
Sony
Chubb
Kerryon
Royce

Of course Penny and Jones fell to me... was lucky to offload Jones early and trade for Sony in separate deals. Still majorly missed on Chubb and Kerryon. Read too much into situation

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Barkley
Chubb
Michel
Guice
Kerryon
Lindsay
Penny
Freeman
Adams
Hines
RoJo
Edwards

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 pm My pre draft rankings were crap

Barkley
Guice
Penny
Jones :wall:
Sony
Chubb
Kerryon
Royce

Of course Penny and Jones fell to me... was lucky to offload Jones early and trade for Sony in separate deals. Still majorly missed on Chubb and Kerryon. Read too much into situation
Yeah I had RoJo ahead of Royce and Kerryon but luckily I was never put in a situation to take him. My biggest reasons for being down on Chubb and Kerryon like you were situation but also the fact that they weren't nearly as impressive as some of the other prospects with their college production. I know Chubb was coming back from a major knee injury and was an absolute stud before hurting himself but as a Vols fan I watch a ton of SEC games and while both Chubb and Michel typically dominated, there were a few games against good defenses where Chubb just could not get anything going while Michel was busting off 10 yard runs left and right. Kerryon looked like a solid all around back but didn't really jump off the screen as super athletic that could be as dynamic as he's shown he is this year.

jcass1991
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jcass1991 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Barkley

Guice
Chubb
Sony
Kerryon

Penny
Lindsay
Freeman
Hines
Rojo
TEAM 1
12 team ppr dynasty
QB- M RYAN, M Trubisky, J Rosen, T Bridgewater
RB- D COOK, J HOWARD, N CHUBB, M BREIDA,C Hyde, D Foreman, F Gore, TJ Yeldon, J Samuels
WR- K ALLEN, T HILL, D ADAMS, R WOODS, J Doctson, M Valdes-Scantling, M Hollins, C Rodgers, J Moore, C Patterson
TE- T BURTON, H Henry, C Herndon, A Hooper,
K- R SUCCOP,
D- BEARS, Falcons
2019 picks- Rounds 1, 3
2020 picks- Rounds 1, 2, 3

2018 1st Place (regular season 23-3)

2018 trades
Traded T Eifert and 2019 2nd for Hunter Henry
Traded A Collins and K Stills for J Howard

TEAM 2
12 team, .20 per carry rb, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr te, superflex.
QB- M. Trubisky, D Prescott
, N Foles
RB- A. Kamara, J. Howard,
WR- S. Diggs, K. Golladay, A Humphries,
TE- D. Njoku, H. Henry, I. Thomas

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:25 pm

My pre-draft rankings:
Barkley
Chubb
Guice
Penny
Freeman
Michel
——-
Do not draft (until the late 2nd round at best) list included Kerryon and RoJo.
Sleeper 3rd and 4th round backs I was jumping on were Samuels, Adams, and Edmonds

My current rankings:
Barkley
Chubb
Guice
Kerryon (although I think he runs in a style asking for injury)
Lindsay
Adams
Freeman
Michel (Burkhead lurks IMO)
Penny
I’d still rather roster Samuels or Edmonds over Ron Jones.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:30 pm

The thought of Burkhead :sick:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 am

I have zero fears of Burkhead. He was a necessity last year, James white is a better receiver and Michel is a better runner. Don't see why Burkhead would be anything other than a handcuff. Not to mention he's only signed through 2019 I believe

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:44 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 am I have zero fears of Burkhead. He was a necessity last year, James white is a better receiver and Michel is a better runner. Don't see why Burkhead would be anything other than a handcuff. Not to mention he's only signed through 2019 I believe
I think hes awful but would not be shocked to see him vulture some 1 yr TD

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:51 pm

GOTGDynasty wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:40 pm Can I ask for your justification in ranking a UDFA who isn't a receiving threat , who has had 2 good games against two of the worst run defenses in the league trying to account for Lamar Jackson, above a guy like Kerryon with a bigger sample size of success, including in college, and pass catching ability, as well as 2nd round pedigree? Not trying to get into an argument but this ranking seems off, so I'd like some clarification on how Edwards, literally a non factor in FF a few weeks ago, jumps into the top 5 rookie RB's from 2019-2021.
The suggestion that opinions have to be somehow "justified" is not something I share. We were asked for our opinions on rankings. If you can't accept that people will have differing opinions why participate in spaces where they do? The question here was how we would *rank* a class of RBs going forward. The question was not "who is the better talent." It was not "who was drafted higher." It was not "who was better in college." I don't know about you, but I rank based on a combination of factors: skill, opportunity, offensive scheme, play calling and coaching, among them. Matt Stafford's backfield is where many a good RB has gone to die in terms of fantasy value. Is that not the case? Kerryon (averaging 5.4 yards a carry, admittedly good) can be good but also be in a bad situation for fantasy value. I think Edwards, paired with Lamar Jackson, is in a great situation. I've watched both those games because I was already invested in Jackson and - as I mentioned in my commentary - its the combo of the two that makes the Gus Bus so interesting going forward. Kerryon (or Penny, or anyone else) can have all the talent in the world but if they are in an offensive scheme that doesn't aid their fantasy value they will be ranked lower than a lesser talent in a better situation. That's, in my opinion, the nature of the game.

I'm not going to ask you to "justify" your differing opinion because I really don't feel offended that somebody views something differently than me. We play this game for enjoyment. Or we should. If someone wants to be mad at people for having differing opinions, maybe he should try politics instead? There at least there are real life consequences to get worked up about there. But this is a game. Don't suck all the fun out of it.
You actually answered his question, which was basically “what makes you put Gus ahead of Kerryon?” Not sure why you had to bitch about being questioned while doing it.

You’re on a message board and you posted your rankings, I assume, to add to the discussion. Are other posters not allowed to pick at your rankings and ask why you ranked how you did? Or are we supposed to look at your rankings and just wholeheartedly agree with them?

You said it yourself. This place is for discussion and fun.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 am

Barkley
-----------
Chubb
-----------
Kerryon
Guice
Penny
Sony
Lindsay
-----------
Freeman
Gus
Adams
RoJo

From looking at these rankings I think people are too low on Kerryon. Dude came in and ended the forever streak of Detroit lacking a 100 yard rusher and put up low RB1 fantasy numbers when they committed to him a little more. That was with Blount taking goaline carries, and Blount will likely be gone this year. Riddick's contract is up at the end of 2019 and management seems to be souring on him a bit, and Kerryon was already catching a good number of passes with Riddick there anyway. Detroit's offense should provide plenty of scoring opportunities.

A history of nagging injuries are my only concern with Kerryon. Outside of that he's a 3 down player who looked dynamic, looked good catching the ball, and is on a good offense.

Sony I feel like is a good sell right now (I have him and will be looking to sell this offseason, hopefully after a big Super Bowl). His value has increased rapidly this offseason largely because of volume that will never be replicated in the regular season. His playoff pace would have him at 432 carries over a 16 game season. Not likely to happen especially for a guy with brittle knees. Going back to college he now has a whopping 14 catches total over the last 24 months.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:20 pm

GOTGDynasty wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:40 pm Can I ask for your justification in ranking a UDFA who isn't a receiving threat , who has had 2 good games against two of the worst run defenses in the league trying to account for Lamar Jackson, above a guy like Kerryon with a bigger sample size of success, including in college, and pass catching ability, as well as 2nd round pedigree? Not trying to get into an argument but this ranking seems off, so I'd like some clarification on how Edwards, literally a non factor in FF a few weeks ago, jumps into the top 5 rookie RB's from 2019-2021.
The suggestion that opinions have to be somehow "justified" is not something I share. We were asked for our opinions on rankings. If you can't accept that people will have differing opinions why participate in spaces where they do? The question here was how we would *rank* a class of RBs going forward. The question was not "who is the better talent." It was not "who was drafted higher." It was not "who was better in college." I don't know about you, but I rank based on a combination of factors: skill, opportunity, offensive scheme, play calling and coaching, among them. Matt Stafford's backfield is where many a good RB has gone to die in terms of fantasy value. Is that not the case? Kerryon (averaging 5.4 yards a carry, admittedly good) can be good but also be in a bad situation for fantasy value. I think Edwards, paired with Lamar Jackson, is in a great situation. I've watched both those games because I was already invested in Jackson and - as I mentioned in my commentary - its the combo of the two that makes the Gus Bus so interesting going forward. Kerryon (or Penny, or anyone else) can have all the talent in the world but if they are in an offensive scheme that doesn't aid their fantasy value they will be ranked lower than a lesser talent in a better situation. That's, in my opinion, the nature of the game.

I'm not going to ask you to "justify" your differing opinion because I really don't feel offended that somebody views something differently than me. We play this game for enjoyment. Or we should. If someone wants to be mad at people for having differing opinions, maybe he should try politics instead? There at least there are real life consequences to get worked up about there. But this is a game. Don't suck all the fun out of it.

It's an outlier ranking, doesn't mean your wrong, but I've seen no one else share this level of confidence on the player, so I asked for your reasoning, that's all. No one's mad, here. I don't believe my question is "sucking the fun out of it". This is a dynasty football forum, we discuss and try to explain our thoughts on players. Maybe "justified" was the wrong word, but that's just arguing about semantics. The comment clearly just asked you to explain why you have this player ranked higher than a player who is almost universally ranked higher, and how you came to rank him in the top 5. Politics? Why was that comment even remotely necessary? It seems by these comments, that you are offended to some degree, despite saying your not. I was just asking you to elaborate on a ranking that seems like an outlier to other rankings, that's it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick