Josh Allen's future

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Josh Allen's future

Postby Cgindecent » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:47 pm

New to the DLF site, just start fantasy football this year in a dynasty startup (dive right in right)....

I managed to pick up Josh Allen in one of my trades this year as a throw in. Curious as to what peoples thoughts are on him moving forward. I have Cam Newton and sitting on Derek Carr at the moment. We can keep our rookies (taxi squad) for two years before deciding to move them up or drop them.

I watched the Buffalo game (condensed version of course) and had some takeaways on Josh Allen. His throwing seems effortless and is incredibly precise (a couple bad throws or mis reads). By Effortless I mean, he can launch the ball a distance without looking like he is putting too much into it. He had some big plays negated by offensive penalties as well. Also Deonte Thompson looks horrible, especially on the deep ball drop and a couple routes that he wasnt where he was supposed to be.

On top of the passing and evasiveness comes Allen's running ability. The kid is massive at 6'5 237 (almost Cam numbers) and can move. On his touchdown run he actually stiff armed a linebacker before lowering his shoulder to get into the end zone and ended up running for almost 100 yards on the day.

Get this kid some more offensive weapons and I think he could be really good. Any other thoughts or am I crazy?
12 Team .5 PPR (Max roster 2qb-4rb-4wr-2te-2k-2def)
1 QB - 2 WR - 1 RB - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

QB:Nick Foles, Josh Allen
RB: CEH - Chase Edmonds - Miles Sanders - James Robinson
WR: Robby Anderson - Tyreek Hill - Christian Kirk - OBJ - Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Akins - Darren Waller
Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Allen's future

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm

The potential is there, but you pointed to his biggest weakness, Buffalo. I also dont think hes a very good decision maker yet, but I havent been watching him recently. His first few games were awful

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm

I think Allen's ceiling is a mid-QB2. You'd be fine using him as a streamer in a 2 superflex league.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm

I think his ceiling is low end qb1 production. We won't see it for a bit, but, I believe it's coming. His rushing ability gives him a solid floor. As the team improves through the draft and FA, and Allen himself improves his decision making by gaining NFL experience and coaching, I think Allen will surprise his doubters.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:34 am

If he keeps the rushing up he will easily be a qb1 in fantasy. He was qb4 in week 12 and so far qb2 this week (4 point for passing td leagues).

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:16 am

He has potential to be elite. He is better than Big Ben was at running in his first 2-3 seasons (if you recall, he used to be very mobile) and he is built like him as well. He has a cannon for an arm, and his decision making compared to the other rookies has been fine. Right now the main issue is his lack of weapons at the skill positions.

If Buffalo can add a couple pieces to this horrible O-line, and grab a WR or two he could be in business. Remember, BUF lost Incognito to his meltdown and Woods to a career ending neck injury this past offseason which killed their run game. There is a lot of hype in Buffalo right now and he appears he could be the real deal in 2-3 seasons. I'm interested what BUF does with their first rd pick - they may quite possibly go for one of the big WR coming out this season.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cgindecent » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:17 am

Why does everyone seem to hate on zay Jones? Second year guy...what's his deal? Almost thinking of dropping mvs for him with the release of kelvin
12 Team .5 PPR (Max roster 2qb-4rb-4wr-2te-2k-2def)
1 QB - 2 WR - 1 RB - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

QB:Nick Foles, Josh Allen
RB: CEH - Chase Edmonds - Miles Sanders - James Robinson
WR: Robby Anderson - Tyreek Hill - Christian Kirk - OBJ - Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Akins - Darren Waller
Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:39 am

I'm not sure I'd drop MVS for Zay. Zay probably has WR3/FLEX upside. I think he's so widely available because of situation rather than talent. I liked him a lot last year. He's probably worth a mid-late 2nd.