Lindsay vs Freeman

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Lindsay vs Freeman

Postby jimmycricket14 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:23 pm

This is starting to become an interesting debate. I was curious so I checked a bunch of the major sites and most have Royce Freeman ranked well ahead of Phillip Lindsay still. To me it has to be much closer than where they are currently ranked, and I am having a hard time finding reasons not to put Lindsay over Freeman at this point. Every week Lindsay rips off more big plays and is starting to look like the center piece of that offense. Biggest reason I can find to put Freeman over Lindsay right now is draft capital and Lindsay may burn out quick with his size.

Straight up who would you rather have at this point?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lindsay vs Freeman

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:33 pm

It's Lindsay by a mile.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:27 am

Scout dynasty rankings which were updated last week have Lindsay rb18 and Royce rb28.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:47 pm

I would suspect that rankings that have Freeman over Lindsay are from earlier in the season or even preseason. Not much debate at this point with Lindsay proving to be the clearly better player.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:45 pm

I have seen similar rankings and it baffles me as well. Obviously not a lot of thought goes into these rankings during the season, very lazy on their part.

Lindsay is dynamic. The only thing holding him back from being a RB1 is volume. Perhaps he can get more involved in the passing game next year, but his volume will probably stay around 15.

Freeman was never special. He was drafted in the third round, which isn't bad, but many RB were taking ahead of him. He is an average talent. If he gets volume, he will produce some, but as this year has proven since week 1, if there is another talented RB on the roster, the best Freeman can hope for is RBBC, and that is exactly where he finds himself in.

Regarding these two, Lindsay value is early 1st, Freeman is mid 2nd. So Lindsay by a mile sounds right.