Gus Edwards - this year’s Kenyan Drake/Jamaal Williams/Dion Lewis?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Gus Edwards - this year’s Kenyan Drake/Jamaal Williams/Dion Lewis?

Postby ajf235 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 pm

I don’t think Gus Edwards has much long-term value but for the rest of this fantasy season, what are people’s thoughts on him?

Given his remaining schedule (Oakland, Atlanta, KC, Tampa, Chargers - all green matchups except Chargers), the fact that he got a full workload right after his bye along with Alex Collins’ JAG status, I’m thinking this dude can be a top 10 RB down the stretch and potential league winner. What are people’s thoughts?

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Gus Edwards - this year’s Kenyan Drake/Jamaal Williams/Dion Lewis?

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Meh
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm not sure he qualifies for that after one game. All 3 of those you mentioned all had long stretches throughout the season of high end success. If he continues to put up 20/100/1 for the rest of year yea sure but if not he's not even in the same category of potential busts like those guys

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 pm

He's probably a very similar talent to Williams, more raw but also much larger and powerful.

He's far less talented than Lewis or Drake.

It all comes down to whether or not the coaching staff decides to ignore Collins going forward, which would be... odd, to say the least. Collins is no transcendent talent, but Gus the bus definitely isn't either.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:25 pm I'm not sure he qualifies for that after one game. All 3 of those you mentioned all had long stretches throughout the season of high end success. If he continues to put up 20/100/1 for the rest of year yea sure but if not he's not even in the same category of potential busts like those guys
To be clear, I don’t think this dude has any long term staying power after this year. What I’m saying is it’s not out of the question for a no name RB to produce top end numbers for 4-6 games.

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:05 pm

ajf235 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:26 pm To be clear, I don’t think this dude has any long term staying power after this year. What I’m saying is it’s not out of the question for a no name RB to produce top end numbers for 4-6 games.
What would you be willing to pay for him? Assuming he's usuable RB3/Flex...worth gambling a 3rd?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:37 pm

ajf235 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:25 pm I'm not sure he qualifies for that after one game. All 3 of those you mentioned all had long stretches throughout the season of high end success. If he continues to put up 20/100/1 for the rest of year yea sure but if not he's not even in the same category of potential busts like those guys
To be clear, I don’t think this dude has any long term staying power after this year. What I’m saying is it’s not out of the question for a no name RB to produce top end numbers for 4-6 games.
While his schedule is a joke for the rest of season I would be shocked if he continues to put up solid numbers. There's a reason why pro-offenses don't just put a running back in at quarter back and run zone reads all game, 1 week of tape is all it'll take for a professional level defense to shut that down and force Jackson to be a real QB.

Also depending on if Flacco comes back then they will most likely go back to Collins

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 pm He's probably a very similar talent to Williams, more raw but also much larger and powerful.

He's far less talented than Lewis or Drake.

It all comes down to whether or not the coaching staff decides to ignore Collins going forward, which would be... odd, to say the least. Collins is no transcendent talent, but Gus the bus definitely isn't either.
The Ravens have absolutely no loyalty or reason to have any loyalty to Alex Collins. He’s a fifth round pick they got off waivers who’s averaging 3.6 ypc and hasn’t had over 100 yards all season. Now Gus comes in and gets over 100 yards and >5 ypc in his first start. I’m not saying he’s a transcendent talent or future star. I’m just saying that it’s not like Alex Collins is a potential franchise player that they invested a lot of capital into who’s underperforming (a la Dalvin Cook). They have absolutely no reason to stick with him. And the fact that Gus’s breakout came after the bye suggests this breakout was planned rather than simply the hot hand.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm

How is Drake lumped into this?

Despite Gase’s idiotic decision to give Gore more touches than Drake; Drake is still the #15 ranked RB in a PPR.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm How is Drake lumped into this?

Despite Gase’s idiotic decision to give Gore more touches than Drake; Drake is still the #15 ranked RB in a PPR.
I mean Drake from late in the 2017 season when he was a top 10 RB over the final 4-5 weeks of the season and probably helped a bunch of people in their stretch run.

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm

If you can play Gus at a FLEX and are fine with 7-11 points, go for it. I don't think he's a starter on a team making a run in the playoffs.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am

Duke Nuk’em wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm If you can play Gus at a FLEX and are fine with 7-11 points, go for it. I don't think he's a starter on a team making a run in the playoffs.
Hey now, some of us had Hunt, Conner, and Kerryon on our playoff squads and are just looking for any body with the ball in his hands at this point :P
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am
Duke Nuk’em wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm If you can play Gus at a FLEX and are fine with 7-11 points, go for it. I don't think he's a starter on a team making a run in the playoffs.
Hey now, some of us had Hunt, Conner, and Kerryon on our playoff squads and are just looking for any body with the ball in his hands at this point :P
Losing Hunt was absolutely brutal, luckily I had Ekeler and was able to pick up Jeff Wilson to throw into my flex spots, barely squeaked by and am in the championship! unfortunately Gordon is probably coming back so ekeler is done but hopefully I will have Kerryon back even though the matchup is not ideal.