A. Jones vs Fournette

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: A. Jones vs Fournette

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm
Spongehack wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm LF, not close.
Does he get out of Jax anytime soon?
Hopefully they get him a competent QB and OC.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:33 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:17 pm Cook, keryon and Sony all had knee injuries this year which is way more than serious than anything LF has had. He's an easy target because soft tissue injuries bother people. Knee injuries apparently are fine.
Cook - I liked more than Fournette coming out of the draft regardless of draft position, thought he was a better overall back. Many disagreed with that assessment but I've stuck to that last year and this year.

Kerryon - Definitely has durability issues, didn't think he was in the same league as LF just like 99.9% of the world, after his rookie year I'm all in on his skill, I trust the Lions offense for than the Jags and I trust they'll give him more receptions and goal line work in 2019

Sony - Hurt his knee in pre-season and has looked fine since, he hurt his MCL again mid season due to being tackled awkwardly.

LF has dealt with ankle issue throughout college and into his rookie year, now dealing with hamstring issue so yea those are "injury prone" type injuries. ACL and MCL's are mostly freak accidents. Cook hurt his hamstring and he has knock against him for that, if he does in it year 3 then yeah I'll be really concerned just like I am for LF. If all of these backs tear their ACL's more than once then yes that officially goes from 0-100 on the concern scale, especially if its the same knee
Soft Tissue Injuries can plague athletes throughout their entire career. Where a knee injury is usually a freak accident, and with medical procedures now a days, they make full recovery pretty easily.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am

Spongehack wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm LF, not close.
The point of this thread was not "which would you rather have", but rather, how much would you need added to LF to move him for Jones? A late first? Mid-first? 1.01+? In other words I'm trying to figure out to what extent Jones has closed the gap with his play the last several weeks.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Not ready to take Jones over LF yet, but one more injury season like this one and I wouldn’t be suprised if LF’s value drops drastically. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you are never on the field. On top of that Fournette’s efficiency worries me as well.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:23 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:52 pm Not ready to take Jones over LF yet, but one more injury season like this one and I wouldn’t be suprised if LF’s value drops drastically. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you are never on the field. On top of that Fournette’s efficiency worries me as well.
They have no WRs. No TEs. A bad oline and horrible QB play. Even LT was averaging less than 4 YPC when he was on bad SD teams who couldn't pass the ball.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:23 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:52 pm Not ready to take Jones over LF yet, but one more injury season like this one and I wouldn’t be suprised if LF’s value drops drastically. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you are never on the field. On top of that Fournette’s efficiency worries me as well.
They have no WRs. No TEs. A bad oline and horrible QB play. Even LT was averaging less than 4 YPC when he was on bad SD teams who couldn't pass the ball.
The efficiency issues area real concern, not that they are completely LF's fault but his situation isn't changing anytime soon. They are stuck with Bortles or Kessler considering they have no cap space and just signed Bortles to a 3 year deal.