Goff or Trubisky

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Gunnar997
Rookie
Rookie

Goff or Trubisky

Postby Gunnar997 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 am

Hey all, so I ended up drafting Trubisky in my 16 team league and then making a trade to get Goff. Now I’m wondering, should I be starting Mitch over Jared? Seems like each week Mitch has been putting up more points. It might be because they are playing from behind more often. So,

Mitch Trubisky Vs Jared Goff
16 Team Dynasty, Roster 20

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

QB- Josh Allen, Daniel Jones
WR- Cooper Kupp, Golden Tate, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, DeVante Parker, N’keal Harry, Dez Bryant
RB- Christian Mccaffery, Todd Gurley, Miles Sanders, Darrius Guice, Bo Scarborough
TE- Hunter Henry, Blake Jarwin
K- Greg Zuerlein, Justin Tucker
D- Rams Defense, Buffalo Defense

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Goff or Trubisky

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am

I'd much rather start Goff. I know Trubisky has had a few good games recently, but he still hasn't looked overly impressive during those games at times. Goff is still much safer in my opinion and will still have a higher floor than Trubisky. Trubisky's also faced some really bad defenses during that stretch of good games and has much better competition coming up (after the Jets).

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 am

Agree with Goddard. Goff will give you the more consistent weeks, and he too can explode. If you watch the Bears at all, you'd be uncomfortable starting Turbisky... He's not good. He's inaccurate and salvages fantasy points and NFL plays with his running.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:58 am

AlPal&Ange wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 am Agree with Goddard. Goff will give you the more consistent weeks, and he too can explode. If you watch the Bears at all, you'd be uncomfortable starting Turbisky... He's not good. He's inaccurate and salvages fantasy points and NFL plays with his running.
Pretty much this even when goff is bad in fantasy, watching the games he still looks amazing it literally comes from the team simply not needing him and leaning on Gurley and the D. Trubisky goes from looking like Pat to looking like Bortles all in one drive

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Classic overthink

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:58 am
AlPal&Ange wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 am Agree with Goddard. Goff will give you the more consistent weeks, and he too can explode. If you watch the Bears at all, you'd be uncomfortable starting Turbisky... He's not good. He's inaccurate and salvages fantasy points and NFL plays with his running.
Pretty much this even when goff is bad in fantasy, watching the games he still looks amazing it literally comes from the team simply not needing him and leaning on Gurley and the D. Trubisky goes from looking like Pat to looking like Bortles all in one drive
Trubisky has always reminded me of Alex Smith. Not terrible for fantasy purposes, but not a great real-life QB either. I'd be ok having him as my QB2 and not having to rely on him every week.

Gunnar997
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gunnar997 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 pm

I agree with you guys. That’s why I went out and got Goff to be my starter. It’s just rough when I am losing games by 5-10 points and Trubisky is putting up the difference. I also have Gurley so that really does help when Goff just hands the ball off, I don’t feel as bad. But it does make me feel better on those passing TDS from Goff to Gurley.
16 Team Dynasty, Roster 20

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

QB- Josh Allen, Daniel Jones
WR- Cooper Kupp, Golden Tate, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, DeVante Parker, N’keal Harry, Dez Bryant
RB- Christian Mccaffery, Todd Gurley, Miles Sanders, Darrius Guice, Bo Scarborough
TE- Hunter Henry, Blake Jarwin
K- Greg Zuerlein, Justin Tucker
D- Rams Defense, Buffalo Defense

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 am

Goff has thrown a lot of balls to the goal line, which Gurley then walks in. They will continue to let Gurley walk those in, but just by complete random order, I’d expect some more of those wrs to start getting past the goal line and not falling just in front of it. Goff (and the WRs) have come up JUST short multiple times, piling onto Gurley’s TD count.
I say all this simply to point out that Goff has been leading many scoring drives and it’s somewhat fluky how many could-have-been TD passes fall just short of the line and end up as rushing TDs. I expect Goff’s (and the WRs) TD numbers to go up.