Landry vs AP

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Landry vs AP

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Big money league here. Two best teams going at it week 2. I won title last year but he was right in it to the end. Standard scoring, .75 ppr. Was favored by 15 befor Thurs, but now down 30 thanks to his AJ Green and my Balt. def.

I have R.Wilson, Kamara,J.Conner,OBJ,Hopkins, and Ertz plugged in. Trying to decide between AP or Landry for flex. Have Mixon but didn't start him, and Drake, M.Williams,C.Davis,Juju to also choose from. 😐

I'm torn.... being down by 30 makes me feel like I gotta swing for fenses a bit as his starting roster is unreal. He has Brees, Gurley,Hunt,Carson,M.Thomas,Fitz, Gronk left to play... Any thoughts?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Landry vs AP

Postby Titans95 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:05 pm

AP shouldn't even be in consideration. Landry by a mile

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 am

I'd go Landry, Juju, AP in that order
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08,

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 am

Landry...but Juju in what should be a shoot out with KC is intriguing

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am

Hey guys, thanks for sharing opinions! Appreciate em. I get that Landry is safe. He had 7 catches from 17 targets last week. Could be playin from behind vs saints so he should be heavily involved.
Washington plays Indi and could / should be able run on them and maybe lay with a lead. Juju at home in a potential shoot out vs KC... Considering our line ups, and me being down 30 - You think Landry is best choice? I feel like AP may have a multi td day. I hate being down 30 after Thurs game. Frickin sucks.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Now that Gordon is out, it's even more Landry for me.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:14 am

JFever wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am Hey guys, thanks for sharing opinions! Appreciate em. I get that Landry is safe. He had 7 catches from 17 targets last week. Could be playin from behind vs saints so he should be heavily involved.
Washington plays Indi and could / should be able run on them and maybe lay with a lead. Juju at home in a potential shoot out vs KC... Considering our line ups, and me being down 30 - You think Landry is best choice? I feel like AP may have a multi td day. I hate being down 30 after Thurs game. Frickin sucks.
17 targets is worth more than whatever "potential" you think AP has. Landry is being used a lot more on the outside and running deeper routes this year. 17 targets is how much MT has last week and look what he did...not saying Landry will catch 16/17 lol but he Landry catches 10 receptions for 100 yards + a TD? that's a likely scenario for this matchup and that's just as many points as AJG scored.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Dang. I shoulda went with juju. Landry got 7 whole targets. After the Thursday game and his AJG and my Balt def. That 30 pt deficet was too much. Now im down 137-92 with OBJ posting a s#$#& 3 for 36....and R.Wilson going tomorrow. Only need about 50... SMH. Win some n lose some. 😖 Sometimes ya gotta tip your cap. His roster is nice. So much for the projections and me being favored by 14. Lol

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:15 am

JFever wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm Dang. I shoulda went with juju. Landry got 7 whole targets. After the Thursday game and his AJG and my Balt def. That 30 pt deficet was too much. Now im down 137-92 with OBJ posting a s#$#& 3 for 36....and R.Wilson going tomorrow. Only need about 50... SMH. Win some n lose some. 😖 Sometimes ya gotta tip your cap. His roster is nice. So much for the projections and me being favored by 14. Lol
Haha projections me nothing going into the week. I feel bad because I forgot about this thread but I actually swapped Landry out for Juju in a redraft league once I heard Josh Gordon wasn't playing/not taking Lattimores attention away from Landry. I'm afraid it may be a tougher road now for Landry because I suspect most teams would be scheming to put their best corners on Gordon over LAndry but now they will definitely key in on Landry as the #1 over callaway

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:09 am

Good call by you Titans! I unfortunately set my lineups then had to turn my attention to coaching softball. Being in 6 dynasty leagues also doesn't make it easy for quick, last minute changes. Man... Juju had a game though. I also had Mike Williams on the bench. Tough to predict sometimes which wr to go with when you have 5-6 that have high ceilings. Who woulda predicted that OBJ gets a grand total of 7 frickin points. Argh.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:09 am Good call by you Titans! I unfortunately set my lineups then had to turn my attention to coaching softball. Being in 6 dynasty leagues also doesn't make it easy for quick, last minute changes. Man... Juju had a game though. I also had Mike Williams on the bench. Tough to predict sometimes which wr to go with when you have 5-6 that have high ceilings. Who woulda predicted that OBJ gets a grand total of 7 frickin points. Argh.
Yeah talk about a brutal game for OBJ especially after he lit up the Jags. I'm worried that O-line in NY is so bad that OBJ will never be able to get down field before Manning is sacked