Baker Mayfield vs Sam Darnold

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you want as your QB of the future?

Baker Mayfield
80%
Sam Darnold
20%

Total votes: 45

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Re: Baker Mayfield vs Sam Darnold

Postby blacklab1010 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 am

agree with the last poster. now as fastasy players we need to stay ahead of the game and go grab the player who will be getting all the dinks and dunks and leave the qb on someone elses roster
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:51 am

Believe it or not my opinion of Darnold is higher than it was preseason. I just didn’t see it. My stance now is ‘maybe’

Always had mayfield higher
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:58 pm

I voted Bake. But I'm surprised the gap is so great.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 am

Bake me a cake, or roll up and get baked.. Im on the Baker Train!
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 am Darnold is terrible, but the funny thing is he won't be declared a "bust" because he'll still be in the league 5 years from now, lingering around like Tyrod, throwing 7-yard passes and not outright losing games. Just doing nothing to win them.

Give me BM by a million miles, just like Mahomes over Trubisky last year. Anyone on the other side can enjoy their "safe" players, I'll enjoy the lasers and TDs.
Darnold is terrible? Lol. 5 games into his career for the youngest NFL starting QB and he is labeled as terrible. Lol again. You surely are severely underpaid for being such an expert football analysis. To bad real football analysis don't agree with you. Listen to Bruce Arians broadcast the Jets vs Colts game and hear what he has to say about Darnold. Maybe learn something.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:17 am

I like both Baker and Darnold. Baker has looked good so far, no doubt. And I am rooting for him. But the AFC North has typically had big strong QBs win, especially in December and the playoffs. How will Baker Mayfield hold up in late November and December games? We will see. He sometimes gets compared to Drew Brees, but even the great Drew Brees is a completely different, and significantly less great, player when he plays real football outside in the elements. Not his perfect home dome environment he greatly benefits from.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:41 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 am Darnold is terrible? Lol. 5 games into his career for the youngest NFL starting QB and he is labeled as terrible. Lol again.
Yeah, great idea, let's wait 5 years and then give our opinions. We don't want to go too crazy on an internet message board.

In the meantime, if you're a Jets homer or a fantasy owner, either way good luck with him. You'll need it. :thumbup:

"Lol"

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Darnold 24/30 280 2 TDs 1 int

Baker 22/46 238 1TD 2 Int

I think there was a bit of an overreaction to Mayfield throwing ‘lazerbeams’ for a half in that first game.

Darnold had Jermaine Kearse and Robbie Anderson as his wide receivers today with Chris Herndon as his tight end. Baker Has the far superior supporting cast.

Darnold will be fine especially If this team can invest anything on the offense of side of the ball.

Conan Troutman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Conan Troutman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:39 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:17 am I like both Baker and Darnold. Baker has looked good so far, no doubt. And I am rooting for him. But the AFC North has typically had big strong QBs win, especially in December and the playoffs. How will Baker Mayfield hold up in late November and December games? We will see. He sometimes gets compared to Drew Brees, but even the great Drew Brees is a completely different, and significantly less great, player when he plays real football outside in the elements. Not his perfect home dome environment he greatly benefits from.
Mayfield's arm has looked pretty good so far. Plenty of zip on those balls (just ask his receivers) and he's taken a couple nice deep shots. Some of the intermediary passess I've seen have been a bit wobbly, but it's more because of footwork and mechanics (or just being under pressure all the time) than pure arm strength I guess.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm Darnold 24/30 280 2 TDs 1 int

Baker 22/46 238 1TD 2 Int

I think there was a bit of an overreaction to Mayfield throwing ‘lazerbeams’ for a half in that first game.

Darnold had Jermaine Kearse and Robbie Anderson as his wide receivers today with Chris Herndon as his tight end. Baker Has the far superior supporting cast.

Darnold will be fine especially If this team can invest anything on the offense of side of the ball.
Frickin sharks with laser beams