Aaron Jones vs Peyton Barber

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which one?

Jones by a lot
29%
Jones by a little
37%
Basically equal value
10%
Barber by a little
17%
Barber by a lot
7%

Total votes: 41

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Aaron Jones vs Peyton Barber

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:59 am

Simple position comparison. If you have an opinion, please post what likelihood you think each player has of being the starter at the embed if the year, and the gap you perceive in.skill.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Aaron Jones vs Peyton Barber

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 pm

4 responses so far, all 4 are different. No one wants to put words with their vote?

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:04 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 pm 4 responses so far, all 4 are different. No one wants to put words with their vote?
Need more context to really answer this... am I competitor this year? Do I need a rb for the first part of the season until one of my rookie RBS wins the starting gig? Am I'm deep at young RBS? If yes, then I probably lean Barber (by a small smidge) because winning this year is more important, imo, than hoping a good prospect works out. If I am not able to answer "yes" to all/ most of those questions, then I say go with Jones.

Barber is a free agent after this season and his future is very cloudy... plus, RoJo could very well figure it out. He will be provided with every opportunity, all season long. Due to this, I prefer A Jones future over Barber.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Ah, that's fair.

Full context -- it's for the team in my sig, which I would say is a real contender. The Bell/Gordon/Mixon combo means that I'm not desperate, but could be if injuries hit (I'd like to move McCoy at some point, obviously). So, I don't need someone to start the year, but would rather the guy who is more likely to be starting by the end of the year.

Further context -- Last year's third place owner has approached me about Barber, and he has a few players on the back end of his bench that are interesting to me (Jones, Cole, and Westbrook). I thought that an RB swap might make sense if I could extract a pick swap out of him where I move up next year. However, this guy was way overrating Jones last year (at Jones' peak, he said he'd rather have him over Kamara or Mixon), so I wanted to see if my valuation was off.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:18 pm Ah, that's fair.

Full context -- it's for the team in my sig, which I would say is a real contender. The Bell/Gordon/Mixon combo means that I'm not desperate, but could be if injuries hit (I'd like to move McCoy at some point, obviously). So, I don't need someone to start the year, but would rather the guy who is more likely to be starting by the end of the year.

Further context -- Last year's third place owner has approached me about Barber, and he has a few players on the back end of his bench that are interesting to me (Jones, Cole, and Westbrook). I thought that an RB swap might make sense if I could extract a pick swap out of him where I move up next year. However, this guy was way overrating Jones last year (at Jones' peak, he said he'd rather have him over Kamara or Mixon), so I wanted to see if my valuation was off.
Neither is a guarantee for the end of this season, but, based on everything I have seen out of RoJo, I am leaning towards Barber holding onto the starting gig all year long. It might take a full year before RoJo can turn this around... he looks awful.

On the other side, A Jones is suspended for the first two games, has been injured alot since coming into the league, and has alot to improve on before he is trusted to be the starter. A Jones also has Ty Mont to contend with this season.

Due to this, Barber is, probably, more likely to be the starter by the end of this season vs A Jones.

Just my opinion, at least.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am

I'm holding onto the hope that Jones' talent gets him into the starting role in GB despite his suspension and injuries, but Barber has the starting role *right now* and looks to be better than the rookie his team drafted at basically everything. I would move my share of Jones for Barber.

I voted Barber by a little because I do still like Aaron Jones and don't think it's a slam dunk trade, but Barber is probably the guy here.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Would you rather have the starting RB for TB or GB?

I think the answer pretty easily is GB so for me I'd rather take the upside of Jones vs the mediocrity of Barber even if he is the starter to start off and probably has a better shot at hanging onto the starting gig.

Checker1183
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Checker1183 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:31 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:27 pm Would you rather have the starting RB for TB or GB?

I think the answer pretty easily is GB so for me I'd rather take the upside of Jones vs the mediocrity of Barber even if he is the starter to start off and probably has a better shot at hanging onto the starting gig.
Exactly what I was Thinking

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Barber; GB's backfield is full of average. At least Barber looks like a 3 down back. I would take him over Jones in any format.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:57 am

I always go with talent. Give me AJones by a mile. For this season only, I'd probably rather have Barber, for the next 4? Easily AJones.
Yeah I get it, Barber beat out Rojo, the problem is that's not exactly an impressive accomplishment when rojo looks like he's trying to run and catch with a blindfold on.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:23 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:57 am I always go with talent. Give me AJones by a mile. For this season only, I'd probably rather have Barber, for the next 4? Easily AJones.
Yeah I get it, Barber beat out Rojo, the problem is that's not exactly an impressive accomplishment when rojo looks like he's trying to run and catch with a blindfold on.
This- I'm going to follow the talent and the team. I'm Jones for sure. I think Barber starting is more about Rojo flopping than Barber improving.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister