Tyrod vs Ryan

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which QB?

Tyrod
35%
Ryan
65%

Total votes: 17

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Tyrod vs Ryan

Postby Jcedwards » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:27 am

Who would you rather have to start out the first few games?

I have Tyrod, but was thinking of attempting to make a trade for Ryan. I have Winston and Mahomes at QB as well, but I'm not sure I want to start out with Mahomes from the get go. I think Ryan is the better QB, but is Tyrod the safer play?

Tyrod- suddenly has a loaded offense around him and he doesn't turn the ball over much; IMO doesn't have a lot of upside though and probably won't have any spectacular games, but could be solid

Ryan- in a loaded offense as well; more upside with a chance to score more fantasy points

With my current roster, should I go for Ryan or just roll with Tyrod?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Tyrod vs Ryan

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am

You aren't gonna get Ryan for Tyrod straight up. Tyrod's position isn't secure, and he's never had an organization view him as 'the guy.' Could end up starting just half the season.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am

Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am You aren't gonna get Ryan for Tyrod straight up. Tyrod's position isn't secure, and he's never had an organization view him as 'the guy.' Could end up starting just half the season.
Well I know I am not getting him straight up for Ryan. I didn't mean to insinuate that I was. I was just asking if I would be alright rolling with Tyrod for the first couple games, while Winston is suspended and Mahomes learns the ropes a little bit. I like Mahomes and Winston long term, so I can see starting 1 of them for the majority of the season (if everything goes well). Just wasn't sure if I should keep Tyrod, since I'm only looking at a couple of games, or look at making a trade for Ryan.

I know I will have to include a pick or another player or both. Ryan is the guys backup QB (behind Wilson), so while I know I will still have to include a good bit more, I know that he will have Wilson starting the majority of the year.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Tyrod's real value is that of a 32 year old RB. This is kind of like Comparing Marshawn Lynch to Devonta Freeman.

Tyrod has entered placeholder status for Baker. The moment he is ready, Tyrod will go to the bench. Probably by week 5 or week 12 at the latest.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am
Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am You aren't gonna get Ryan for Tyrod straight up. Tyrod's position isn't secure, and he's never had an organization view him as 'the guy.' Could end up starting just half the season.
Well I know I am not getting him straight up for Ryan. I didn't mean to insinuate that I was. I was just asking if I would be alright rolling with Tyrod for the first couple games, while Winston is suspended and Mahomes learns the ropes a little bit. I like Mahomes and Winston long term, so I can see starting 1 of them for the majority of the season (if everything goes well). Just wasn't sure if I should keep Tyrod, since I'm only looking at a couple of games, or look at making a trade for Ryan.

I know I will have to include a pick or another player or both. Ryan is the guys backup QB (behind Wilson), so while I know I will still have to include a good bit more, I know that he will have Wilson starting the majority of the year.
Straight up, obviously Ryan is worth more. But if you're just looking for someone to start the first few weeks for you, I think Tyrod will do just fine. He and Ryan practically averaged the same points last year, so you're not getting much of an upgrade if this is a temporary thing. I also think Tyrod doesn't get enough credit, but I understand the job security thing and why people are down on him. But in terms of fantasy production, he's been pretty good since he's been a starting QB. So what I'm trying to say is, don't add anything significant to Tyrod to get Ryan if you're just going to use him for a few games.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Jcedwards wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am

Straight up, obviously Ryan is worth more. But if you're just looking for someone to start the first few weeks for you, I think Tyrod will do just fine. He and Ryan practically averaged the same points last year, so you're not getting much of an upgrade if this is a temporary thing. I also think Tyrod doesn't get enough credit, but I understand the job security thing and why people are down on him. But in terms of fantasy production, he's been pretty good since he's been a starting QB. So what I'm trying to say is, don't add anything significant to Tyrod to get Ryan if you're just going to use him for a few games.
I talked with the guy who has Ryan and he wanted me to send over a starting RB or WR in addition to a QB going back to him (I would have sent Tyrod). Told him I wasn’t doing that unless I was getting something else in return, so we stopped talks there. Ideally Mahomes or Winston will take over after a couple weeks. I’m just not sure I trust Mahomes from the get go.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:39 am

Tyrod will get you through until Winston gets back. I'd hold tight.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:06 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:39 am Tyrod will get you through until Winston gets back. I'd hold tight.
Yea that's what I am going to do. I inquired on any QB that I thought would be an upgrade and they either weren't trading them or they wanted way too much than i was willing to give up.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker