Hopkins vs D. Adams

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
BHerm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Hopkins vs D. Adams

Postby BHerm24 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 am

I know majority will side hopkins. As a hopkins owner the 2016 year kinda scares. They are both the same age or close to and I know Watson was lights outs but that was for 5 games. Also Davante Adams plays with Aaron Rogers so there is that to factor in. So community how close they are and make your case please.
Team #1 - 12 team 6pts all TDs PPR and 0.2 PPC. Keep Starting lineup everyone else gets thrown in for redraft
Start 1 QB,1 RB,2 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

My Starting Lineup
QB: R. Wilson
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Hopkins
RB: Joe Mixon
WR/RB/TE: Antonio Gibson
WR/RB/TE: Nick Chubb
TE: Dallas Goedert

Team #2 - Full Dynasty 12 Team PPR 20 player rosters

QBs: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford
RBs: Kamara, Dobbins, Edmonds, Penny, Pollard, A. Mattison
WRs: Tyreek, DHop, AJB, OBJ, Jeudy, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, Collin Johnson, Donovan People-Jones, Preston Williams, Curtis Samuel
TEs: Kittle, Goedert, Logan Thomas

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hopkins vs D. Adams

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:07 am

Not very close.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:12 am

I'd need a whole lot added to Adams to trade Hopkins.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am

Maybe not quite as far as the East is from the West, but still far...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:20 am

skip wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am Maybe not quite as far as the East is from the West, but still far...
But how far? It's a solid question that has gone unanswered in three posts now. I think the OP is probably looking to gauge how much the Adams side should be adding exactly.

I say a 2019 mid first, but I might be higher on Adams then everyone else looking at this thread.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

Adams is halfway to get Hopkins.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:37 am

kumetis93 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:20 am
skip wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am Maybe not quite as far as the East is from the West, but still far...
But how far? It's a solid question that has gone unanswered in three posts now. I think the OP is probably looking to gauge how much the Adams side should be adding exactly.

I say a 2019 mid first, but I might be higher on Adams then everyone else looking at this thread.
I'd need multiple 1sts. Hopkins' reception and yardage totals out-perform Adams by a large margin and I don't see that changing. I am not buying into the idea that Rodgers somehow gives a considerable boost to Adams this season. I find it much more likely we see big bumps to the numbers from Cobb and a "breakout" from Allison.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:15 am

Adams + an early 1st, + a 2nd - at a minimum. If push came to shove, I may require more than that to hit accept.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 am

From a talent perspective these two are not remotely close. Hopkins is elite while Adams is simply a good receiver in a great situation. Hopkins too is in a great situation paired with a great young QB. I would need another top player added to Adams to consider. If picks only it would have to be 1.02+.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:33 am

Pretty big gap, but if selling Hopkins Adams is the (minimum) type of player I'd need coming back on top of 1sts

If rebuilding and Nuk the only piece to sell to speed along the process, Adams and two early 1sts or 3 mids would have my attention
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:33 am Pretty big gap, but if selling Hopkins Adams is the (minimum) type of player I'd need coming back on top of 1sts

If rebuilding and Nuk the only piece to sell to speed along the process, Adams and two early 1sts or 3 mids would have my attention
This valuation is dead on.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Hopkins is my WR2 and Adams is actually my WR5.....with that being said its a definite tier drop. I think asking for Adams AND 2 early 1sts is not very realistic. I think Adams and one early 19 1st is fair.

If you are really concerned with Hopkins then why not go to the OBJ owner and try to do an even swap? Most value Hopkins over OBJ right now.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:49 pm Hopkins is my WR2 and Adams is actually my WR5.....with that being said its a definite tier drop. I think asking for Adams AND 2 early 1sts is not very realistic. I think Adams and one early 19 1st is fair.

If you are really concerned with Hopkins then why not go to the OBJ owner and try to do an even swap? Most value Hopkins over OBJ right now.
I agree and most should Value Hopkins more than OBJ right now.

That said, it is hard to imagine a WR that has never had more than 75 receptions and has never had a 1000 yard season being the #5 WR overall in your rankings. He is probably the most TD dependent WR in the league to generate points.

I like him given his last 2 years but I know I would need more than Adams a projected early first to part with Hopkins.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm
Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:49 pm Hopkins is my WR2 and Adams is actually my WR5.....with that being said its a definite tier drop. I think asking for Adams AND 2 early 1sts is not very realistic. I think Adams and one early 19 1st is fair.

That said, it is hard to imagine a WR that has never had more than 75 receptions and has never had a 1000 yard season being the #5 WR overall in your rankings. He is probably the most TD dependent WR in the league to generate points.

I like him given his last 2 years but I know I would need more than Adams a projected early first to part with Hopkins.
I know I may higher on him than most be Adams has consistently improved each and every year. Is tied to the best QB in football and while TD dependent may be a knock on other players it not for the WR1 on Aaron Rodgers team that is locked in for 35+ TD's each year.

I really hate the 1,000 yard stat as so many people love throwing out the 4 1,000 yard seasons for Evans even that two of those barely scratched the surface and Adams had 997 in 2016 and has something like 850 in 13.5 games with a pathetic QB throwing him the ball for over half the season.

Maybe adding an early 2nd +early 1st but I would not pay two 1sts +Adams to get Hopkins.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm

I know I may higher on him than most be Adams has consistently improved each and every year. Is tied to the best QB in football and while TD dependent may be a knock on other players it not for the WR1 on Aaron Rodgers team that is locked in for 35+ TD's each year.

I really hate the 1,000 yard stat as so many people love throwing out the 4 1,000 yard seasons for Evans even that two of those barely scratched the surface and Adams had 997 in 2016 and has something like 850 in 13.5 games with a pathetic QB throwing him the ball for over half the season.

Maybe adding an early 2nd +early 1st but I would not pay two 1sts +Adams to get Hopkins.
I absolutely agree about the 1000 yard season. Nice NFL accomplishment but need to add a lot to those 100 fantasy points to be an elite WR for our purposes. Having said that I think Adams’ value is being inflated due to being the GBP current #1 WR. I expect very good numbers in the short term but just don’t see him being locked into that position. He’s a good WR but not an irreplaceable talent. I don’t see him being a clear cut #1 there for any extended period. As an owner I hope I’m wrong on this one.