Hopkins vs D. Adams

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Hopkins vs D. Adams

Postby AussieMate » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:02 am

I'm not what the Gap is, but at their price I'd pay for devante whilst I wouldn't pay Hopkins price. I have a wierd feeling he is set for a small to medium regression this year and on the other hand I think Devante(whom I have never been a big fan) is going to make another small leak in production.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:15 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm
Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:49 pm Hopkins is my WR2 and Adams is actually my WR5.....with that being said its a definite tier drop. I think asking for Adams AND 2 early 1sts is not very realistic. I think Adams and one early 19 1st is fair.

If you are really concerned with Hopkins then why not go to the OBJ owner and try to do an even swap? Most value Hopkins over OBJ right now.
I agree and most should Value Hopkins more than OBJ right now.

That said, it is hard to imagine a WR that has never had more than 75 receptions and has never had a 1000 yard season being the #5 WR overall in your rankings. He is probably the most TD dependent WR in the league to generate points.

I like him given his last 2 years but I know I would need more than Adams a projected early first to part with Hopkins.
I know I may higher on him than most be Adams has consistently improved each and every year. Is tied to the best QB in football and while TD dependent may be a knock on other players it not for the WR1 on Aaron Rodgers team that is locked in for 35+ TD's each year.

I really hate the 1,000 yard stat as so many people love throwing out the 4 1,000 yard seasons for Evans even that two of those barely scratched the surface and Adams had 997 in 2016 and has something like 850 in 13.5 games with a pathetic QB throwing him the ball for over half the season.

Maybe adding an early 2nd +early 1st but I would not pay two 1sts +Adams to get Hopkins.
It is not just a 1000 yard season; It is all about targets, receptions, yards, and TD's.

Hopkins had a lot more games the last 2 years with horrid QB play than Adams. He had 5 QB's maybe 6 I think 2 years ago and 2 QB's last year yet still was targeted extremely heavily.

Hopkins last 31 games 325 targets 174 receptions 2332 yards 17 TD's
Adams last 30 games 238 targets 149 receptions 1892 yards 22 TD's

I do like the Evans comp though as he is another TD dependent WR. I do think Adams as one more issue going against him with addition of Graham to GB. He is a big proven Red Zone target especially from the slot position around the goal line. My belief is he will knock down Adams TD's to the 8-9 range this coming season.

The difference between these players is just under 4 points per game on average. That is the real stat I care most about it as 4 points per game is really hard to overcome in fantasy.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:32 am

Ice wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:15 am
Titans95 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm

I agree and most should Value Hopkins more than OBJ right now.

That said, it is hard to imagine a WR that has never had more than 75 receptions and has never had a 1000 yard season being the #5 WR overall in your rankings. He is probably the most TD dependent WR in the league to generate points.

I like him given his last 2 years but I know I would need more than Adams a projected early first to part with Hopkins.
I know I may higher on him than most be Adams has consistently improved each and every year. Is tied to the best QB in football and while TD dependent may be a knock on other players it not for the WR1 on Aaron Rodgers team that is locked in for 35+ TD's each year.

I really hate the 1,000 yard stat as so many people love throwing out the 4 1,000 yard seasons for Evans even that two of those barely scratched the surface and Adams had 997 in 2016 and has something like 850 in 13.5 games with a pathetic QB throwing him the ball for over half the season.

Maybe adding an early 2nd +early 1st but I would not pay two 1sts +Adams to get Hopkins.
It is not just a 1000 yard season; It is all about targets, receptions, yards, and TD's.

Hopkins had a lot more games the last 2 years with horrid QB play than Adams. He had 5 QB's maybe 6 I think 2 years ago and 2 QB's last year yet still was targeted extremely heavily.

Hopkins last 31 games 325 targets 174 receptions 2332 yards 17 TD's
Adams last 30 games 238 targets 149 receptions 1892 yards 22 TD's

I do like the Evans comp though as he is another TD dependent WR. I do think Adams as one more issue going against him with addition of Graham to GB. He is a big proven Red Zone target especially from the slot position around the goal line. My belief is he will knock down Adams TD's to the 8-9 range this coming season.

The difference between these players is just under 4 points per game on average. That is the real stat I care most about it as 4 points per game is really hard to overcome in fantasy.
Depending on Depth those 4 points could easily be made up if you got a guy like Guice/Penny/michel to replace a RB3 you were having to roll out, roster construction and depth is also important. I'm not denying Dhop is is a stud by anymeans lol I think he will be hovering around 95/1500/11 for the next couple of years but I don't think Watson is going to push him into AB territory, he's already getting a crazy amount of targets. So right now I think Dhops floor and ceilings are relatively close to each other and you are definitely getting what you buy but I think Adams will jump into that 85-90/1100-1200/10-14 TD range this year and slightly close the gap which will put adams up into the KA range of production. Getting your favorite rookie Rb in a stacked class and a top 5-7 WR for Dhop isn't a terrible haul is all I'm getting at. I love them both.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:14 pm

As a Hopkins owner, I would want a mid 1st just because of the dynasty market price. Realistically, I think Hopkins is slightly better but closer to a 2nd on top of Adams if we're projecting a bit. Hopkins has been the guy and produced, Adams hasn't been the guy, and has produced. Now he gets a chance with Jordy out of town, and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him outproduce Hopkins in 2018.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league