Thompson or Mack

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Thompson or Mack

Mack
69%
Thompson
31%

Total votes: 29

cougarplayer20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Thompson or Mack

Postby cougarplayer20 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Chris Thompson or Marlon Mack.

Who you like better and why?

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Thompson or Mack

Postby HughHoney » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 am

I’ll take Thompson. Best case for Mack is to get the two down role and even then he’ll lose some carries to Hines and Wilkins with Hines being the 3rd down back. Think Thompson will be more useful in PPR. Mack may have more trade value though so I can see taking him if you think you can flip him for more.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:26 am

Mack. Wilkins profile does not impress me, and he has the higher ceiling, and is much younger. Add Luck coming back and Quentin Nelson, and I think I'd much rather take the chance of Mack's ceiling/floor possibilities vs Thompson.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I think Thompson has the higher floor, but mack could have the higher ceiling. Depending on your roster make-up and competitiveness I could see either being useful
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Did we not see Thompsons ceiling last year? I believe he was a mid RB1 before injury....even if mack takes the role are we sure that's his ceiling?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

Mack; His upside is Low end RB1 numbers. Flashed well last season playing injured. The stars seem to be aligning for him, Projected Healthy QB, Better O line, and He is healthy with little camp competition to worry about.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

fortilm
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fortilm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:55 am

I like Mack in this one. Tough decision though. I know Thompson produces, but I see Mack making a name for himself with Luck coming back.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am Mack; His upside is Low end RB1 numbers. Flashed well last season playing injured. The stars seem to be aligning for him, Projected Healthy QB, Better O line, and He is healthy with little camp competition to worry about.
Disagree with the camp competition. I feel like he is facing better talent in camp and will wind up down the depth chart as the season plays out. Be surprised if he leads the team in fantasy points this season.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 pm

HughHoney wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am Mack; His upside is Low end RB1 numbers. Flashed well last season playing injured. The stars seem to be aligning for him, Projected Healthy QB, Better O line, and He is healthy with little camp competition to worry about.
Disagree with the camp competition. I feel like he is facing better talent in camp and will wind up down the depth chart as the season plays out. Be surprised if he leads the team in fantasy points this season.
We will see. Mack is tough, played with a torn Labrum all last season. He has all the tools to be a 3 down back. He has serious big play potential. 9 or 10 plays last year at 20 plus yards on limited opportunities. He is extremely elusive with an elite pad level.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 pm
We will see. Mack is tough, played with a torn Labrum all last season. He has all the tools to be a 3 down back. He has serious big play potential. 9 or 10 plays last year at 20 plus yards on limited opportunities. He is extremely elusive with an elite pad level.
Yep. I’m pro-Hines. Good receiver, good in pass protection, good between the tackles with good yards after contact. Elite KR/PR. Way bigger big play potential.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 pm
What about his 3.8 ypc or how he had the highest percentage of runs stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage last year? Big plays are nice and all for highlight videos or glimpses on redzone but it doesn't paint the full picture if he's getting stuffed 9/10 times

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 am

thompson. he was rb9 (PPR) before being injured.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp