Howard or Mixon

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather have?

Jordan Howard
31%
Joe Mixon
69%

Total votes: 58

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:41 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 pm Mixon easily.

The only league in which I would prefer Howard would be a league where I get points for past production. I don’t play in any leagues that have that setting.

Mixon is on another level of talent. We are only a few months away from seeing that unfold for the world to witness.
:clap: You forgot the mic drop.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:41 pm

The only league in which I would prefer Howard would be a league where I get points for past production. I don’t play in any leagues that have that setting.

Mixon is on another level of talent. We are only a few months away from seeing that unfold for the world to witness.
Mixon dropping weight to 218. Eerily like Lev Bell after year 1. While I don't share this extreme optimism on Mixon, I would not be surprised, and don't fault you for your take. After Bell's rookie year, I had him as my RB1 in all of Dynasty when I saw he cut weight down to around 217. When I drafted him in the late 2nd round of my hometown startup and pronounced he was the RB1 in all of Dynasty, I was laugher at. They weren't laughing a few months later, I was.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Mixon dropping weight to 218. Eerily like Lev Bell after year 1. While I don't share this extreme optimism on Mixon, I would not be surprised, and don't fault you for your take. After Bell's rookie year, I had him as my RB1 in all of Dynasty when I saw he cut weight down to around 217. When I drafted him in the late 2nd round of my hometown startup and pronounced he was the RB1 in all of Dynasty, I was laughter at. They weren't laughing a few months later, I was.
:surprised:

I dream of this happening. Its unlikely that it does. But I can still fantasize.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Mixon dropping weight to 218. Eerily like Lev Bell after year 1. While I don't share this extreme optimism on Mixon, I would not be surprised, and don't fault you for your take. After Bell's rookie year, I had him as my RB1 in all of Dynasty when I saw he cut weight down to around 217. When I drafted him in the late 2nd round of my hometown startup and pronounced he was the RB1 in all of Dynasty, I was laughter at. They weren't laughing a few months later, I was.
:surprised:

I dream of this happening. Its unlikely that it does. But I can still fantasize.
I respect people who take a shot on a player. I would not be surprised at all if he was a top 5 back. I have lengthy discussions about fringe players like Chris Carson who are probably not even in conversations two years from now on a thread of Chris Carson, but hey, who knows? With Mixon, though, he is not Chris Carson. He has college production, great measurables, and shows signs of being a bell cow type back. The fact he cut weight is a good thing IMO. Shows his dedication to getting better, and will be a tad quicker than he was last year, without losing too much power, because if you are moving faster, even at a slightly lesser weight, the inertia is equal, or perhaps greater.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3bc55692-8 ... 356473c23b

It can make a difference.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fortilm
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fortilm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am

Howard has proven himself the past 2 seasons. I'd ride him out until he proves otherwise.