Howard or Mixon

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather have?

Jordan Howard
18
32%
Joe Mixon
39
68%
 
Total votes: 57

chipadelphia
Captain
Captain
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Howard or Mixon

Postby chipadelphia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 am

This would be for Team 1 in my sig.

I’m a fan of both players honestly but I was offered Howard.

Who do you prefer?
EAGLES 10 Team Standard (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX)
QB: Wentz, Cousins
RB: Fournette, Hunt, Mixon, Miller, Duke Johnson, Martin
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Hill, JuJu, Thielen, Anderson, M Williams, Westbrook, Treadwell
TE: Ertz, Howard, Clay
DEF: Jax
Don Julio 12 Team Standard (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE No Flex)
QB: Brady, Keenum
RB: Da Johnson, Howard, McCoy, Miller, Martin, Ivory
WR: Julio, A Brown, Funchess, Flash Gordon, Agholor, Sanders, Maclin, Taylor, Henderson
TE: Reed, ASJ, Seals-Jones, Watson, Everett
Make America Gronk Again 12 Team TE Premium PPR (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX)
QB: Newton, Stafford
RB: Ingram, Coleman, Lewis, Mack, Gore, Abdullah, Austin, J Williams
WR: Hill, Cooper, Baldwin, Galloday, Ross, Westbrook, Cole, Hollins, Hamilton
TE: Gronkowski, Howard, Andrews, I Thomas

User avatar
Blueboy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Blueboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 am

Mixon by very little. Mixon is worth about the 1.02 to me and Howard is worth about the 1.03.
The Guy Is Drunk: 36 team Superflex, 3-copy. Tiered PPR.
1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Rodgers, Ryan, Mayfield, McCown
RB: McCoy, Ajayi, Abdullah, Darkwa, McGuire, F. Gore, Hill, Pumphrey
WR: Hopkins, TY Hilton, DT, Flash Gordon, Shepard, Ridley, M. Williams, Decker, Maclin, Marshall, G. Allison,
TE: Gronk, J. Thomas
Devy: Kelvin Harmon
2019 1st 2nd 3rd

Ilango Never Dies: 12 team Superflex, PPR
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Rodgers, Goff, Flacco, Jackson, Rudolph, Kizer, Lauletta
RB: McCoy, Chubb, Hyde, Foreman, J. Williams, Ballage, Gore, Martin
WR: Tyreek Hill, ARob, Flash Gordon, Hurns, Coleman, Enunwa, Amendola, Z. Jones, C. Samuel
TE: O.J. Howard, RSJ, Everett
2019 3rd 3rd 4th

cougarplayer20
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:26 am

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby cougarplayer20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 am
Mixon by very little. Mixon is worth about the 1.02 to me and Howard is worth about the 1.03.
Agreed

User avatar
Titans95
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm

I own both and right now I would need a pretty good piece in addition to Howard for me to move Mixon. I LOVE Howard and think he is criminally underrated with how incredible he was on the terrible offense he was on. With that being said we have seen 2 years in a row with him being one of the worst past catching backs in the NFL while they have a dynamic young scat back to perfectly compliment him on third downs now. I don't think Howard lose many carries but I don't see how catching more than 20ish balls whereas I see mixon coming close to carries and have 50-70 receptions easily. Mixon is the much much higher ceiling but obviously Howard's proven rushing production is a safer floor. I'm always shooting for upside especially one guys I personally really believe in like Mixon
TEAM 1: 12 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1K/1Defense/1DL/1LB/1DB
QB: Dak Prescott, Andrew Luck
RB: Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Guice, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Howard Kenneth Dixon, Joe Williams, Wayne Gallman
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller
TE: Zach Ertz, George Kittle, Trey Burton
DL: Demarcus Lawrence
LB: Reuben Foster
DB: Keanu Neal

TEAM 2: 12 Superflex PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/3Flex/1SuperFlex

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hoyer
RB: Mixon, Sony Michel, Duke Johnson, Austin Ekeler, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Christine Michael
WR: Davante Adams, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Christian Kirk, James Washington, Anthony Miller, JJ Nelson, Tajea Sharpe, Snead, Cody Latimer, Braxton Miller
TE: Engram, Eifert, Kroft, Edd Dickson, Seth Devalve

Online
kumetis93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby kumetis93 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am

Titans95 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm
I own both and right now I would need a pretty good piece in addition to Howard for me to move Mixon. I LOVE Howard and think he is criminally underrated with how incredible he was on the terrible offense he was on. With that being said we have seen 2 years in a row with him being one of the worst past catching backs in the NFL while they have a dynamic young scat back to perfectly compliment him on third downs now. I don't think Howard lose many carries but I don't see how catching more than 20ish balls whereas I see mixon coming close to carries and have 50-70 receptions easily. Mixon is the much much higher ceiling but obviously Howard's proven rushing production is a safer floor. I'm always shooting for upside especially one guys I personally really believe in like Mixon
What type of good piece would you need in addition? Howard put up 200 pts last yr, while Mixon put up 143. Howard has proven he is a capable NFL back over the course of two seasons now. At minimum they're pretty equal, but asking for a substantial piece to be added onto Howard is a bit much imo.
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Roethlisburger / Cousins / Mahomes / McCarron
RB- J. Howard / Penny / Kamara / Gillislee / D. Foreman / Mack / Connor
WR- D. Adams / Fuller / R. Woods / G. Allison / J. Wims / J Washington / Anthony Miller / Lazard / T. Taylor / K. Cole / Humphries / Cobbs / Cedric Wilson
TE- Engram / Hunter Henry / Devalve / Maxx Williams / B. Watson

2019 picks: 1,1,2,2
2020 picks: 1,2,3,4
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Carr, Stafford, Lauletta, Darnold, Etling
RB- Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, Foreman, Montgomery, Wadley, Joe Williams
WR- Corey Davis, Landry, M Evans, Kirk, Ridley, Ross, A Tate, C Wilson, Wims, Hamilton, Hansen, J Moore
TE- D Allen, Andrews, Clay, Fumagalli, Goedert

All future picks owned (4 rd rookie drafts)

User avatar
Titans95
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am

kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am
Titans95 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm
I own both and right now I would need a pretty good piece in addition to Howard for me to move Mixon. I LOVE Howard and think he is criminally underrated with how incredible he was on the terrible offense he was on. With that being said we have seen 2 years in a row with him being one of the worst past catching backs in the NFL while they have a dynamic young scat back to perfectly compliment him on third downs now. I don't think Howard lose many carries but I don't see how catching more than 20ish balls whereas I see mixon coming close to carries and have 50-70 receptions easily. Mixon is the much much higher ceiling but obviously Howard's proven rushing production is a safer floor. I'm always shooting for upside especially one guys I personally really believe in like Mixon
What type of good piece would you need in addition? Howard put up 200 pts last yr, while Mixon put up 143. Howard has proven he is a capable NFL back over the course of two seasons now. At minimum they're pretty equal, but asking for a substantial piece to be added onto Howard is a bit much imo.
Then there wouldn't be a trade capable of working out between us. Some believe in Mixon some don't. No Chance I trade Mixon straight up for Howard. Howard is a safer floor but Mixon's ceiling is sky high, Howard's is limited. Every arrow is pointing up for Mixon to be a workhorse back in carries and he's already proven his one of the more capable receiving backs hence but his top 5 yards per route run stat....Some arrows are pointing up for Howard (Better overall offense and coaches) but some arrows are pointing down....2 years in a row of failing to make an impact as a receiver, having a dynamic scat back being talked up all off season but new coaching regime, trade rumors for howard because he didnt "fit" the scheme.....Howard is a great NFL running back but his fantasy upside is limited if he isn't catching more than 15-20 receptions...Additionally their ADP's are 23 and 41 respectively, that's two full rounds difference which is pretty substantial
TEAM 1: 12 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1K/1Defense/1DL/1LB/1DB
QB: Dak Prescott, Andrew Luck
RB: Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Guice, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Howard Kenneth Dixon, Joe Williams, Wayne Gallman
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller
TE: Zach Ertz, George Kittle, Trey Burton
DL: Demarcus Lawrence
LB: Reuben Foster
DB: Keanu Neal

TEAM 2: 12 Superflex PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/3Flex/1SuperFlex

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hoyer
RB: Mixon, Sony Michel, Duke Johnson, Austin Ekeler, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Christine Michael
WR: Davante Adams, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Christian Kirk, James Washington, Anthony Miller, JJ Nelson, Tajea Sharpe, Snead, Cody Latimer, Braxton Miller
TE: Engram, Eifert, Kroft, Edd Dickson, Seth Devalve

User avatar
skip
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17830
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby skip » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 am

This same question has come up in the Team Advice section and the Redraft/Keepers section. I guess I'm just missing what people see in Mixon that makes him a better option than Howard. Just because he might catch more passes, that is no guarantee of better production overall. I've got 2 years of data from Howard and he simply looks like the better back in an offense that has no where to go but up. I just don't see how anyone can be nearly as confident in Mixon when Gio is a FAR better complimentary option (because he can actually steal a fair volume of carries) than is Cohen.
Casinos Aren't Built on the Backs of the Winners

Online
kumetis93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby kumetis93 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Titans95 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am
kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am
Titans95 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm
I own both and right now I would need a pretty good piece in addition to Howard for me to move Mixon. I LOVE Howard and think he is criminally underrated with how incredible he was on the terrible offense he was on. With that being said we have seen 2 years in a row with him being one of the worst past catching backs in the NFL while they have a dynamic young scat back to perfectly compliment him on third downs now. I don't think Howard lose many carries but I don't see how catching more than 20ish balls whereas I see mixon coming close to carries and have 50-70 receptions easily. Mixon is the much much higher ceiling but obviously Howard's proven rushing production is a safer floor. I'm always shooting for upside especially one guys I personally really believe in like Mixon
What type of good piece would you need in addition? Howard put up 200 pts last yr, while Mixon put up 143. Howard has proven he is a capable NFL back over the course of two seasons now. At minimum they're pretty equal, but asking for a substantial piece to be added onto Howard is a bit much imo.
Then there wouldn't be a trade capable of working out between us. Some believe in Mixon some don't. No Chance I trade Mixon straight up for Howard. Howard is a safer floor but Mixon's ceiling is sky high, Howard's is limited. Every arrow is pointing up for Mixon to be a workhorse back in carries and he's already proven his one of the more capable receiving backs hence but his top 5 yards per route run stat....Some arrows are pointing up for Howard (Better overall offense and coaches) but some arrows are pointing down....2 years in a row of failing to make an impact as a receiver, having a dynamic scat back being talked up all off season but new coaching regime, trade rumors for howard because he didnt "fit" the scheme.....Howard is a great NFL running back but his fantasy upside is limited if he isn't catching more than 15-20 receptions...Additionally their ADP's are 23 and 41 respectively, that's two full rounds difference which is pretty substantial
Believing in Mixon is one thing, but you value him more than a proven RB at this stage (You are in the majority here, but I'll never understand it).

Mixon had 34 targets on the year, Howard had 32. They both split time. The difference is, Howard is a workhorse back who cranked out a second 1100+ yard season, and scored 9 TD's. Mixon had one, 100 yard game (against the Browns).

If you want to rely on potential, that's fine, but you shouldn't expect someone else to provide substantial assets on top of a proven asset, just to obtain your asset that's based on "sky high" potential. What my point is, Mixon had 143 pts, and Howard had 200, so it's crazy to me that you think I'm adding anything worthwhile to Howard, in order to get Mixon. Now, If Mixon goes off this year, then sure that's reasonable to expect.

Just my .2, not trying to be aggressive or anything, just friendly banter.
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Roethlisburger / Cousins / Mahomes / McCarron
RB- J. Howard / Penny / Kamara / Gillislee / D. Foreman / Mack / Connor
WR- D. Adams / Fuller / R. Woods / G. Allison / J. Wims / J Washington / Anthony Miller / Lazard / T. Taylor / K. Cole / Humphries / Cobbs / Cedric Wilson
TE- Engram / Hunter Henry / Devalve / Maxx Williams / B. Watson

2019 picks: 1,1,2,2
2020 picks: 1,2,3,4
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Carr, Stafford, Lauletta, Darnold, Etling
RB- Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, Foreman, Montgomery, Wadley, Joe Williams
WR- Corey Davis, Landry, M Evans, Kirk, Ridley, Ross, A Tate, C Wilson, Wims, Hamilton, Hansen, J Moore
TE- D Allen, Andrews, Clay, Fumagalli, Goedert

All future picks owned (4 rd rookie drafts)

User avatar
lukkynumber13
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8947
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Mixon easily.

The only league in which I would prefer Howard would be a league where I get points for past production. I don’t play in any leagues that have that setting.

Mixon is on another level of talent. We are only a few months away from seeing that unfold for the world to witness.
T1
LUCK, Flacco, J Allen, Brissett
MIXON, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Chase E, R Smith, Jon Williams
KA/EVANS/DIGGS/HILTON/THIELEN, Sammy, C Davis, A Miller, Sanu, Tre'Quan, Terrance W, Bourne, Hansen, Fountain, Marshall
GRONK, Shaheen, Watson, Walford
-
DL: FLOWERS/HUGHES/ADDISON, Golden, Short, Okafor, Sheard, Malik J, Wolfe
LB: KENDRICKS/WILLIAMSON/ZACH C, Schobert, R. Evans, Warner, Onwuasor, Young, Milano, DJ, Ford
DB: ADDAE/AMOS/FARLEY, Simmons, John J, Heath, Maye

T2
JIMMY G, Rivers, Eli
GURLEY/GORDON/MIXON, Guice, Ajayi, Wilkins, Chase E, McNichols
NUK/AJG/DIGGS/DT, Crabtree, Sanders, Shepard, P-Rich, Sanu, Hogan, Pryor, J'Mon, JMatt, J Scott
ENGRAM, Doyle, Higbee, Vance, Everett, Swaim
-
DL: GRIFFEN/BUCKNER/HEYWARD, Golden, Short, Wilkerson, Wolfe, Ogbah, Spence
LB: KENDRICKS/BURFICT/DANNY T/HITCHENS/KJW, Leonard, Hicks, Warner, Ford, Goodson
DB: TAVON/POYER/JOHN J, Farley, Geathers, Maye, McLeod, Quandre, D Everett

User avatar
Titans95
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 pm

[/quote]

Believing in Mixon is one thing, but you value him more than a proven RB at this stage (You are in the majority here, but I'll never understand it).

Mixon had 34 targets on the year, Howard had 32. They both split time. The difference is, Howard is a workhorse back who cranked out a second 1100+ yard season, and scored 9 TD's. Mixon had one, 100 yard game (against the Browns).

If you want to rely on potential, that's fine, but you shouldn't expect someone else to provide substantial assets on top of a proven asset, just to obtain your asset that's based on "sky high" potential. What my point is, Mixon had 143 pts, and Howard had 200, so it's crazy to me that you think I'm adding anything worthwhile to Howard, in order to get Mixon. Now, If Mixon goes off this year, then sure that's reasonable to expect.

Just my .2, not trying to be aggressive or anything, just friendly banter.
[/quote]

I love the banter lol and that's fair to have your opinion. I can't argue Mixon is better because every stat will point to Howard but my gut feeling is Mixon is a special athlete coming out and had a poor rookie year which the whole Bengals offense did so I'm excusing it and also choosing not to panic after one rookie year when there was definitely some flashes from Mixon. I understand he ultimately under performed especially compared to the rest of the rookies. Based on both our replies we seem to have very different philosophies towards fantasy which is how trades happen, I'd gladly trade Howard to get Mixon if you had owned him in a league lol. My only thing I have to say about your comments that I bolded is that is a very reactionary mindset and it would limit any type of getting value out of a player BEFORE they breakout. Last year I traded Cooks for Hunt and I was biting my nails all preseason until the patriots game but that worked out incredibly. Unfortunately that type of success won't happen every time but its just an example of taking the upside approach I guess.

I traded Freeman straight up for Mixon this past off season and at first I was reluctant to do it without getting something on top of Mixon but in the end I decided that Mixon's 4 years younger and has more arrows pointing up with a larger workload potential that Freeman so I went with it. We will see how it goes fingers crossed lol
TEAM 1: 12 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1K/1Defense/1DL/1LB/1DB
QB: Dak Prescott, Andrew Luck
RB: Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Guice, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Howard Kenneth Dixon, Joe Williams, Wayne Gallman
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller
TE: Zach Ertz, George Kittle, Trey Burton
DL: Demarcus Lawrence
LB: Reuben Foster
DB: Keanu Neal

TEAM 2: 12 Superflex PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/3Flex/1SuperFlex

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hoyer
RB: Mixon, Sony Michel, Duke Johnson, Austin Ekeler, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Christine Michael
WR: Davante Adams, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Christian Kirk, James Washington, Anthony Miller, JJ Nelson, Tajea Sharpe, Snead, Cody Latimer, Braxton Miller
TE: Engram, Eifert, Kroft, Edd Dickson, Seth Devalve

Online
kumetis93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby kumetis93 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Titans95 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 pm
Believing in Mixon is one thing, but you value him more than a proven RB at this stage (You are in the majority here, but I'll never understand it).

Mixon had 34 targets on the year, Howard had 32. They both split time. The difference is, Howard is a workhorse back who cranked out a second 1100+ yard season, and scored 9 TD's. Mixon had one, 100 yard game (against the Browns).

If you want to rely on potential, that's fine, but you shouldn't expect someone else to provide substantial assets on top of a proven asset, just to obtain your asset that's based on "sky high" potential. What my point is, Mixon had 143 pts, and Howard had 200, so it's crazy to me that you think I'm adding anything worthwhile to Howard, in order to get Mixon. Now, If Mixon goes off this year, then sure that's reasonable to expect.

Just my .2, not trying to be aggressive or anything, just friendly banter.
[/quote]

I love the banter lol and that's fair to have your opinion. I can't argue Mixon is better because every stat will point to Howard but my gut feeling is Mixon is a special athlete coming out and had a poor rookie year which the whole Bengals offense did so I'm excusing it and also choosing not to panic after one rookie year when there was definitely some flashes from Mixon. I understand he ultimately under performed especially compared to the rest of the rookies. Based on both our replies we seem to have very different philosophies towards fantasy which is how trades happen, I'd gladly trade Howard to get Mixon if you had owned him in a league lol. My only thing I have to say about your comments that I bolded is that is a very reactionary mindset and it would limit any type of getting value out of a player BEFORE they breakout. Last year I traded Cooks for Hunt and I was biting my nails all preseason until the patriots game but that worked out incredibly. Unfortunately that type of success won't happen every time but its just an example of taking the upside approach I guess.

I traded Freeman straight up for Mixon this past off season and at first I was reluctant to do it without getting something on top of Mixon but in the end I decided that Mixon's 4 years younger and has more arrows pointing up with a larger workload potential that Freeman so I went with it. We will see how it goes fingers crossed lol
[/quote]

Mixon is extremely talented no one can deny that, the only reason his stock dropped in the NFL draft was due to off field nonsense. I'd probably trade Howard straight for Mixon if we're being honest, but the owner of Mixon in both my leagues values to the point where I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I pulled the trigger on a trade. We definitely have different philosophies, but I don't think our valuation is far off. I can definitely see Mixon blowing up this year, with an improved line in cincy.

BTW, If I owned Freeman, and traded him away straight up for Mixon I would probably be doing back flips, then again I'm not high on Freeman whatsoever. He is similar to Howard, except riddled with injuries and on the decline it would seem.
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Roethlisburger / Cousins / Mahomes / McCarron
RB- J. Howard / Penny / Kamara / Gillislee / D. Foreman / Mack / Connor
WR- D. Adams / Fuller / R. Woods / G. Allison / J. Wims / J Washington / Anthony Miller / Lazard / T. Taylor / K. Cole / Humphries / Cobbs / Cedric Wilson
TE- Engram / Hunter Henry / Devalve / Maxx Williams / B. Watson

2019 picks: 1,1,2,2
2020 picks: 1,2,3,4
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Carr, Stafford, Lauletta, Darnold, Etling
RB- Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, Foreman, Montgomery, Wadley, Joe Williams
WR- Corey Davis, Landry, M Evans, Kirk, Ridley, Ross, A Tate, C Wilson, Wims, Hamilton, Hansen, J Moore
TE- D Allen, Andrews, Clay, Fumagalli, Goedert

All future picks owned (4 rd rookie drafts)

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17490
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm

kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Believing in Mixon is one thing, but you value him more than a proven RB at this stage
You mean like how so many people value Barkley over just about every proven RB currently in the league?

User avatar
skip
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17830
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby skip » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:55 pm

kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 pm
BTW, If I owned Freeman, and traded him away straight up for Mixon I would probably be doing back flips, then again I'm not high on Freeman whatsoever. He is similar to Howard, except riddled with injuries and on the decline it would seem.
And I'd be on the other side doing those backflips... Freeman is going to give me 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs on the ground along with 50+ receptions. Not sure where you're seeing the similarities to Howard, unless you're projecting a big increase in receptions for him? I think that would make me lean even more to the Howard side of the debate with Mixon...
Casinos Aren't Built on the Backs of the Winners

Online
kumetis93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby kumetis93 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 am

Goddard wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm
kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Believing in Mixon is one thing, but you value him more than a proven RB at this stage
You mean like how so many people value Barkley over just about every proven RB currently in the league?
Yeah, which I find ridiculous as well. Don't get me wrong, I think Barkley is going to be a stud, but am I trading Kamara and a first to get him? Hell no.
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Roethlisburger / Cousins / Mahomes / McCarron
RB- J. Howard / Penny / Kamara / Gillislee / D. Foreman / Mack / Connor
WR- D. Adams / Fuller / R. Woods / G. Allison / J. Wims / J Washington / Anthony Miller / Lazard / T. Taylor / K. Cole / Humphries / Cobbs / Cedric Wilson
TE- Engram / Hunter Henry / Devalve / Maxx Williams / B. Watson

2019 picks: 1,1,2,2
2020 picks: 1,2,3,4
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Carr, Stafford, Lauletta, Darnold, Etling
RB- Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, Foreman, Montgomery, Wadley, Joe Williams
WR- Corey Davis, Landry, M Evans, Kirk, Ridley, Ross, A Tate, C Wilson, Wims, Hamilton, Hansen, J Moore
TE- D Allen, Andrews, Clay, Fumagalli, Goedert

All future picks owned (4 rd rookie drafts)

Online
kumetis93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Howard or Mixon

Postby kumetis93 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 am

skip wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:55 pm
kumetis93 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 pm
BTW, If I owned Freeman, and traded him away straight up for Mixon I would probably be doing back flips, then again I'm not high on Freeman whatsoever. He is similar to Howard, except riddled with injuries and on the decline it would seem.
And I'd be on the other side doing those backflips... Freeman is going to give me 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs on the ground along with 50+ receptions. Not sure where you're seeing the similarities to Howard, unless you're projecting a big increase in receptions for him? I think that would make me lean even more to the Howard side of the debate with Mixon...
No, not projecting a big increase in receptions at all. They're pretty equal RB's, I just prefer Howard. The only difference being I'd rather own Mixon than Freeman (for dynasty). For me, it's Howard, then Mixon, then Freeman (and it's all close). My main banter earlier in this thread was that I wouldn't be adding anything significant to any of these pieces in order to get the other. I believe they are all pretty close in value and production, all coming down to preference.
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Roethlisburger / Cousins / Mahomes / McCarron
RB- J. Howard / Penny / Kamara / Gillislee / D. Foreman / Mack / Connor
WR- D. Adams / Fuller / R. Woods / G. Allison / J. Wims / J Washington / Anthony Miller / Lazard / T. Taylor / K. Cole / Humphries / Cobbs / Cedric Wilson
TE- Engram / Hunter Henry / Devalve / Maxx Williams / B. Watson

2019 picks: 1,1,2,2
2020 picks: 1,2,3,4
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 team superflex league, 30 man rosters, TE premium:

QB- Carr, Stafford, Lauletta, Darnold, Etling
RB- Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, Foreman, Montgomery, Wadley, Joe Williams
WR- Corey Davis, Landry, M Evans, Kirk, Ridley, Ross, A Tate, C Wilson, Wims, Hamilton, Hansen, J Moore
TE- D Allen, Andrews, Clay, Fumagalli, Goedert

All future picks owned (4 rd rookie drafts)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests