Zeke vs Barkley "Poll"

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

which one

Zeke
68%
Saquon
32%

Total votes: 94

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Zeke vs Barkley "Poll"

Postby DJB » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Who ya got ranked higher in your dynasty rankings?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Zeke vs Barkley "Poll"

Postby Goddard » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 am

Zeke

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 am

Zeke

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:54 am

Zeke - could change next year but give me the guy that has actually carried an NFL football.

GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am

Barkley

Looking forward to putting an end to all this contrarian saquon talk because he hasnt played yet.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

GoodellsPaycheck wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 am Barkley

Looking forward to putting an end to all this contrarian saquon talk because he hasnt played yet.
Despite that, Zeke is simply a freak NFL rushing leader as a rookie, was on a crazy good pace last year. Dream Oline, offense flows through him. I dont care about the whole Barkley hasnt played, Zeke is one of the best there is. Lets not get cute, to early to rank Barkley ahead of him
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:10 pm

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Despite that, Zeke is simply a freak NFL rushing leader as a rookie, was on a crazy good pace last year. Dream Oline, offense flows through him. I dont care about the whole Barkley hasnt played, Zeke is one of the best there is. Lets not get cute, to early to rank Barkley ahead of him
Given that it's a dynasty and thinking long term, Zeke seems more likely to get into off the field issues than Saquon does. Dallas now has Dak throwing to a bunch of very inexperienced guys and Zeke will see the stacked box more so this year than he has previously. Saquon has Odell Beckham keeping defenses honest for him. Plus I just think Barkley is a superior athlete to Zeke as well

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 pm

GoodellsPaycheck wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:10 pm
pierson242 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Given that it's a dynasty and thinking long term, Zeke seems more likely to get into off the field issues than Saquon does. Dallas now has Dak throwing to a bunch of very inexperienced guys and Zeke will see the stacked box more so this year than he has previously. Saquon has Odell Beckham keeping defenses honest for him. Plus I just think Barkley is a superior athlete to Zeke as well
Yeah, and I'm a huge Saquon fan, despite not owning him anywhere, and have sold EE because of that risk. In saying that, the risk isn't greater on one side or the other. EE is a 1500 yard rusher on average (1TD a game, basically) on the ground alone. Now the've lost their top WR. Barkley is the superior athlete, but EE is a good athlete, and is a far superior interior runner. In college he was, and he has already proven himself at the NFL level in that regard. Not saying Barkley doesn't become a better player, but 2000 total yards is more likely to happen for Zeke than Barkley at this stage of the game. Barkley has a great 3 down skill set, but I really don't see him as an elite "running back". As a pure runner, I mean. He's very good, but he is not an elite prospect in the ground game, IMO. It's his receiving skills that give him the dynamic of an elite RB within the game of 2018 and beyond. I just don't think the Giants need him as much as the Cowboys need Elliott. I sold Zeke in 2 leagues, but I still understand the fact he is most likely looking 400 touches(or more). The Giants don't need to use Barkley like that. They have OBJ, Engram, etc. I could see Barkley getting 300 touches, but I expect EE to out touch him heavily. Right now I would say based on a 16 game schedule EE is the most likely to RB to have the most touches in the league at the position.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:17 am

Elliot is only one year older than Barkley. He has played multiple games with Dez and It never stopped him. He has played 23 out of 25 games in his career with AT LEAST 80 yards rushing, and has scored basically one TD a game. Dez leaving isn't that huge as he has already played without him. EE was suspended but was never found guilty. Dynasty is longterm yes but go look at ADP from 2015, nothing can be predicated and as much as we like to play for the long haul most top ADP players come and go within 4 years.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 pm

I’m torn because I do think people paper over Zeke’s extreme lack of character, but his proven production really shouldn’t be compared to Barkley’s potential.

On principle I have to go Zeke because he’s already a proven elite NFL producer. It’s not like he’s an older back end RB1.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:13 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 pm I’m torn because I do think people paper over Zeke’s extreme lack of character, but his proven production really shouldn’t be compared to Barkley’s potential.

On principle I have to go Zeke because he’s already a proven elite NFL producer. It’s not like he’s an older back end RB1.
I guess I do because who honestly cares unless he goes hitting women to get suspended again....It wouldn't surprise me if he's a complete tool but that doesn't change his fantasy production. I doubt he gets suspended anytime soon again. Should we be discounting Bell for all his suspensions in the past?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm

pierson242 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:17 am Elliot is only one year older than Barkley. He has played multiple games with Dez and It never stopped him. He has played 23 out of 25 games in his career with AT LEAST 80 yards rushing, and has scored basically one TD a game. Dez leaving isn't that huge as he has already played without him. EE was suspended but was never found guilty. Dynasty is longterm yes but go look at ADP from 2015, nothing can be predicated and as much as we like to play for the long haul most top ADP players come and go within 4 years.
It's a year and a half, and that doesn't matter now, but it will at some point. I see Zeke getting 400 touches this year. If you are a contender this season, go Zeke. He's going to outproduce Barkley and I don't think it will be that close. However, most people who own the 1.01 who earned it should take Barkley, because Zeke is going to be a first contract back. The Cowboys are going to wear him out big time in the next few years. With the usage and off-field concerns, I don't like Zeke long term, compared to Barkley, but for 2 years, yeah, Zeke is the way to go to chase a Championship
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

I honestly really love both. Its like picking which of you're children you love most lol
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am

Drafted Saquon over Zeke in a startup, so push came to shove that is where I went. Obviously a risk given he is unproven, but he will get his touches in an offense with other threats and has solid pass game skills. Also by all account has zero off field risk. The latter was most certainly a variable for me, as was the state of that offense. He will get his touches, both run and pass, and potentially more score opportunities due to overall offensive effectiveness.

Long term he felt lower risk, is younger, and I don’t feel like talent or motivation is lacking. A dice roll my stomach felt better about.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:23 pm

I’m a Cowboys fan and I voted Barkley... for dynasty. In redraft I’d rather have Zeke. I remember everyone saying the same things about Zeke before he played a down in the NFL as people say about Barkley now: He hasn’t played a down he shouldn’t be valued so highly.

So that argument has little weight for me when it comes to most RBs. I’ll take the superior talent who can run routes and catch passes like a WR and run the ball. Zeke has been blessed with getting to run behind great Olines in college and the NFL. So I think his ability, while good, is being inflated by the situations he
Is career has landed him in.