Jordan Howard vs Alex Collins

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jordan Howard vs Alex Collins

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:02 am

cougarplayer20 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:49 am
Jcedwards wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:56 pm
knotts4372 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 pm i would need 1.2 with collins to even remotely think about this trade. mentioning the two in a trade like this is ridiculous
That would be ridiculous to trade Howard straight up for Collins, if that is what you are getting at. I’d essentially be replacing Howard with Collins though, but it would be from a separate trade.

The first trade would be sending Howard and Devante Parker for Allen Robinson OR Hilton and Aaron Jones.

The second trade would be sending 2.04 and 3.06 for Alex Collins.
I can see why you would want to do the deal assuming we are talking about your team in your sig.
Me personally, I think Robinson will disappoint so I would rather have Hilton of those two but he is getting older. As for Aaron Jones. Well his two game suspension isn’t gonna help him get more playing time. So I would rather have Howard personally. As for the second trade yeah I would do that even though I’m not a huge Collins fan.
So my question is wouldn’t it be better to use the 2nd and 3rd pick to add a WR instead of downgrading your RB depth in the process?
Yea it’s for the team in my sig. But I have thought about using 2.04 or my 3.02 on a WR to add. I’m thinking of targeting Sutton or Kirk at 2.04 if either one is available there.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

johnnymozart
Role Player
Role Player

Postby johnnymozart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 am

I have Howard over Collins too, but it blows my mind people would question sending a 2.04 for him. Ive tried to offer the 1.09 for him and been rejected. Prior to his landing spot in Seattle, Collins was going as the 4th RB off the board in 2016 (March ADP). Granted it was not a flashy class outside of zeke-- but he was given a new life in Baltimore and is an incumbent starter. As a Patriots fan living in Baltimore and forced to watch their telecasts I would say that treating him equal to someone like ballage is a mistake. I understand 1.09 is a high end range for acquiring Collins but if he doesn't fumble-- that job will stay his and he runs hard and gains in chunks.
My team/Picks (14 Teamer- .5PPR) Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE
QB Lamar Jackson, Russ Wilson, Mills
RB A Gibson, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Penny IR, D.Pierce, Haskins
WR ARobinson, KAllen, Mike Evans, Sutton, Amon-Ra, TBoyd, GDavis, Dotson, Pierce
TE Mark Andrews, Goedert, LThomas
K Tucker
2023- No Picks
2024- 2, 2

Rebuild Sad Orphan 12 team .5PPR -- Start 1QB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE

QB. Tua, DJones (IR)
RB Bijan (R), Gibbs (R), J. Conner, TSpears (R), Demercado, J Mason, Z. White
WR Amon-Ra St Brown, Nico Collins, J. Reed (R), R. Shaheed, C.Tillman (R), Osborn, Terrace M, CSamuel, Pierce, Ross
TE Andrews, Ferguson, McBride, Ertz (IR)
DEF- Patriots, Vikings
2024 None
2025 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2026 2, 3

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am

id give the 3.6 for collins any more im out. there is competition for that job and i very much doubt collins wins it. the very telling thing is how ravens have alot in that rb room plus they were looking to add rb thru the draft even tho it didnt work out that way. i want no part of this rb situation, but if you said i had to have a ravens rb id take javorius allen, then dixon next with collins lagging behind
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:12 pm

johnnymozart wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 am I have Howard over Collins too, but it blows my mind people would question sending a 2.04 for him. Ive tried to offer the 1.09 for him and been rejected. Prior to his landing spot in Seattle, Collins was going as the 4th RB off the board in 2016 (March ADP). Granted it was not a flashy class outside of zeke-- but he was given a new life in Baltimore and is an incumbent starter. As a Patriots fan living in Baltimore and forced to watch their telecasts I would say that treating him equal to someone like ballage is a mistake. I understand 1.09 is a high end range for acquiring Collins but if he doesn't fumble-- that job will stay his and he runs hard and gains in chunks.
So you’d trade 2.04 and 3.06 for Collins even though I already have Howard, Kamara, and Mixon and will add Barkley I’m the draft?

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:13 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am id give the 3.6 for collins any more im out. there is competition for that job and i very much doubt collins wins it. the very telling thing is how ravens have alot in that rb room plus they were looking to add rb thru the draft even tho it didnt work out that way. i want no part of this rb situation, but if you said i had to have a ravens rb id take javorius allen, then dixon next with collins lagging behind
I do think Collins will be the starter, but Allen is still there and the coaching staff has been high on Dixon. So idk how much trust they will put into Collins.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am id give the 3.6 for collins any more im out. there is competition for that job and i very much doubt collins wins it. the very telling thing is how ravens have alot in that rb room plus they were looking to add rb thru the draft even tho it didnt work out that way. i want no part of this rb situation, but if you said i had to have a ravens rb id take javorius allen, then dixon next with collins lagging behind
As evidenced by your initial and final sentences, it's obvious you're primarily seeking to troll here, but I just wanted to address sentence #2. He's already won the job. Now, could he lose it? Certainly. But he is the incumbent starter, and it's up to him this year to lose it or run with it. And what exactly has Baltimore done to show a lack of faith in Collins? Drafting zero RBs and not signing any RBs? Looks like they have a fair bit of faith in their RB corps.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:56 am

Jcedwards wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:12 pm
johnnymozart wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 am I have Howard over Collins too, but it blows my mind people would question sending a 2.04 for him. Ive tried to offer the 1.09 for him and been rejected. Prior to his landing spot in Seattle, Collins was going as the 4th RB off the board in 2016 (March ADP). Granted it was not a flashy class outside of zeke-- but he was given a new life in Baltimore and is an incumbent starter. As a Patriots fan living in Baltimore and forced to watch their telecasts I would say that treating him equal to someone like ballage is a mistake. I understand 1.09 is a high end range for acquiring Collins but if he doesn't fumble-- that job will stay his and he runs hard and gains in chunks.
So you’d trade 2.04 and 3.06 for Collins even though I already have Howard, Kamara, and Mixon and will add Barkley I’m the draft?
I would. It's unlikely you get either WR you mentioned at 16, and Collins has a better chance at locking up that job long term than any rookie RBs at 16. That's a great value in a ppc league.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...