Jordan Howard or Allen Robinson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Howard
48%
Robinson
52%

Total votes: 31

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:05 pm

Who you like going forward in a .5 PPR, with a point per 3 carries, dynasty league?

I currently own Howard, but have an offer of A-Rob and Aaron Jones for Howard, Parker, and 4.9
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jordan Howard or Allen Robinson

Postby HughHoney » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:53 pm

With that scoring it’s Howard and not remotely close.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Yup howard by a mile in the format. 275+ carries will be racking up points on its own.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Could see jones paying off and I do t like Parker, but I also think Arob truthers are in for a rude awakening when he doesn’t repeat his 2015 garbage time season.

Overall Howard over Arob is most formats and especially in a PPC format. I also would prefer the Howard side of the trade mentioned but it’s closer than just Howard and Arob straight up.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:47 pm Could see jones paying off and I do t like Parker, but I also think Arob truthers are in for a rude awakening when he doesn’t repeat his 2015 garbage time season.

Overall Howard over Arob is most formats and especially in a PPC format. I also would prefer the Howard side of the trade mentioned but it’s closer than just Howard and Arob straight up.
I really like Jones, which is why he is part of the offer. Guy actually sees A-Rob as better than Howard, so he won't do him straight up for Howard (which I don't understand because I see Howard as better than A-Rob based on our league settings). The situation in GB is cloudy, so I don't really know what to think right now of Jones. It could be any of the 3 taking over, although I don't think Montgomery has what it takes to be a 3 down back. I do believe it will be between Jones and Williams. Seems like Jones could receive most of the work from early reports IF he improves his pass blocking. I'm also not big on Parker either, which is why I don't mind getting rid of him, but he will receive volume this year (what he does with it is a huge question mark though).

This is the way I see it, so it is fairly even:
Howard>> Jones
Parker< A-Rob

Howard or A-Rob will be my FLEX more than likely, so I guess it comes down to which one will do better there. Howard will receive the majority of carries, but Nagy has said that it will be game dependant, so Howard's carries COULD fluctuate (but he also said that he will be the guy going forward too). A-Rob is coming off an injury, but they did pay him to be a #1 receiver. Parker and Jones are just depth.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am

Jcedwards wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:47 pm Could see jones paying off and I do t like Parker, but I also think Arob truthers are in for a rude awakening when he doesn’t repeat his 2015 garbage time season.

I really like Jones, which is why he is part of the offer. Guy actually sees A-Rob as better than Howard, so he won't do him straight up for Howard (which I don't understand because I see Howard as better than A-Rob based on our league settings). The situation in GB is cloudy, so I don't really know what to think right now of Jones. It could be any of the 3 taking over, although I don't think Montgomery has what it takes to be a 3 down back. I do believe it will be between Jones and Williams. Seems like Jones could receive most of the work from early reports IF he improves his pass blocking. I'm also not big on Parker either, which is why I don't mind getting rid of him, but he will receive volume this year (what he does with it is a huge question mark though).

Howard>> Jones
Parker< A-Rob

Howard or A-Rob will be my FLEX more than likely, so I guess it comes down to which one will do better there. Howard will receive the majority of carries, but Nagy has said that it will be game dependant, so Howard's carries COULD fluctuate (but he also said that he will be the guy going forward too). A-Rob is coming off an injury, but they did pay him to be a #1 receiver. Parker and Jones are just depth.
If I could trade for Williams for cheap and have Williams and Jones with A-Rob for Howard and Parker, would you do it then?

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am

Jcedwards wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am
Jcedwards wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 am

Howard>> Jones
Parker< A-Rob

If I could trade for Williams for cheap and have Williams and Jones with A-Rob for Howard and Parker, would you do it then?
No. Howard will outscore ARob by a LOT in this format. Even ARob’s monster 2015 fell well short of what Howard did in each of his first 2 seasons with this scoring. And ARob is not repeating those TD numbers in Chicago.

The PPC will add 80-100 points to Howard’s numbers. ARob’s receptions won’t get more than half of that in 0.5 ppr. Add in that yardage/TDs should favor Howard and a few receptions for him and he could very easily outscore ARob by 100+ points. These 2 are not close in this scoring format.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Furthest thing from a Howard fan and would prefer ARob in a more standard scoring league, but a point every 3 carries makes this a slam dunk for Howard.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...