Dak Prescott production moving forward?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dak Prescott production moving forward?

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 pm

What is everyone's opinion of Prescott's fantasy production moving forward? I feel like everyone is assuming he is done. I get he got completely exposed in the second half of last year but when zeke was on the field he was THE QB1 in scoring I believe and finished as QB6 the year before in his rookie year. I know his upside is limited but with Zeke coming back and Tyrone Smith healthy wouldn't you say its more likely he gets back to his game managing no mistakes type of play with rushing yards and TD upside? I'm asking this because I have been in talks with the Winston owner for Team 1 in sig and may be able to do a straight up swap between Dak and Winston. I like Winston a lot and think he secretly had a breakout year last year when taking all the injuries and what not away but I'm also having a hard time assuming the #1 scoring QB through week 8 is never going to regain his confidence.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Dak Prescott production moving forward?

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Don't think you can go wrong with either player. Dak is built very well to withstand the violence in the NFL so he is my choice but think Watson could outscore him if he can stay on the field this season.

I could make an argument for either of these players. Not a fan of Houston's line or running game overall. Dallas is built to compete at a high level for many years. Zeke is an unbelievable talent that makes Dak and the passing game better. I project 7 rushing TD's from Dak this year as teams have to crash the line with Zeke in there.

Like both a lot but do not think Watson will keep the pace he was on before the injury.

Both could easily be top 10 plays.

Grab the one you like best and don't look back!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 am

I'm not a big fan of Prescott but people forget Zeke doesn't just bring attacking production, he's also one of the best pass blockers in the comp. I think Winston ceiling is higher but he'll never reach it

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:11 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm Don't think you can go wrong with either player. Dak is built very well to withstand the violence in the NFL so he is my choice but think Watson could outscore him if he can stay on the field this season.

I could make an argument for either of these players. Not a fan of Houston's line or running game overall. Dallas is built to compete at a high level for many years. Zeke is an unbelievable talent that makes Dak and the passing game better. I project 7 rushing TD's from Dak this year as teams have to crash the line with Zeke in there.

Like both a lot but do not think Watson will keep the pace he was on before the injury.

Thanks for the reply but I was talking about winston not watson. I do agree about Watson regressing but I have to say if I had that option I'd rather go with the higher upside guy in Watson I think.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 am

Winston has been in the league for 3 seasons and his best finish was as the #14 dynasty QB.
Dak has been in the league for 2 seasons and his worst finish was #9.

I don't see any viable argument to suggest why either of their ceilings are any higher than the other. Give me the QB who has demonstrated himself to produce top 10 numbers in back to back years vs. the one that hasn't yet done it even once.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:11 am
Ice wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm Don't think you can go wrong with either player. Dak is built very well to withstand the violence in the NFL so he is my choice but think Watson could outscore him if he can stay on the field this season.

Thanks for the reply but I was talking about winston not watson. I do agree about Watson regressing but I have to say if I had that option I'd rather go with the higher upside guy in Watson I think.
My apologies, better check my readers. :(

I am not a big fan of Winston. While he is reasonably accurate, he doesn't protect the ball very well. Don't think he reads defenses very good. Not sold on his mental makeup as a great leader of his team.

Don't think he has ever even put up QB1 numbers. I haven't check his numbers too closely but seems to be more of a QB2 type at this point in his career. Do like his weapons. This may be a make it or break it year for him.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:02 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 am Winston has been in the league for 3 seasons and his best finish was as the #14 dynasty QB.
Dak has been in the league for 2 seasons and his worst finish was #9.

I don't see any viable argument to suggest why either of their ceilings are any higher than the other. Give me the QB who has demonstrated himself to produce top 10 numbers in back to back years vs. the one that hasn't yet done it even once.
That has been my initial thought process but looking at multiple ranking websites people have Dak in the low teens like QB 18-22 for 2018 and QB15ish for dynasty and its making me feel like I'm missing something? Even after a total collapse last year he finished at the QB9 and had an incredible start to the year. I'm just confused as to why the majority of the community is assuming the back half of the year is the norm instead of the 1.5 seasons he's produced well or at least somewhere in the middle as a a backhalf QB1?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Group Think.

Winston was the top player in the NFL draft. That said, there have been many top picks that haven't lived up to pick. He has talent and hope springs eternal for many.

We have a good sample size to date on Winston and it is pretty average. This doesn't mean the skill set isn't there but that sample size is big enough to be concerned.

My opinion is Dak is better leader, more focused, and more driven to actually be great than Winston.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 am

I like Dak and expect him to continue putting up low-end QB1 numbers and even improve as he continues maturing and learning.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:10 pm

i have prescott way ahead of winston. i dont see a reason to worry. or a reason to want winston
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp