Mixon vs 1.02 (your choice)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather have?

Joe Mixon
52%
1.02 (any non-Barkley RB of your choice)
48%

Total votes: 79

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixon vs 1.02 (your choice)

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm I'm ok if someone prefers Guice or Michel, but for me I'll take Mixon over every other (non-Saquon) RB in this class.
This
X3

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:33 am

So I respect the Mixon arguments that account for his lack of early opportunity due to Hill/Gio and also the poor play of his O-Line. That being said one argument from those low on Mixon I don't see enough is that the fantasy community was way too high on Mixon during the run up to last year's rookie drafts. For me, it isn't that he disappointed given his situation (though it's certainly a factor), it's that too much weight was placed on size/speed combine performance and not enough attention was paid to Mixon not being the lead RB on his own college team. Players like Kamara buck the trend, but it's very rare. I think the combine erroneously made Mixon look better than Cook (and Fournette to some), when it really shouldn't have. We should have been debating between CMC and Mixon at 1.03 and not Mixon and Fournette at 1.01.

So I'll take Guice over Mixon. I don't hate Mixon and I'm not Guice's biggest fan, but I think Mixon is experiencing the Derrick Henry effect, which is basically when our pre-rookie draft assessments over-inflate a player and then cause lingering dynasty value impact despite continued lack of performance. Mixon certainly has time, but I'd bet on him underwhelming but maintaining high value due to theoretical upside longer than he should.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:54 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:33 am So I respect the Mixon arguments that account for his lack of early opportunity due to Hill/Gio and also the poor play of his O-Line. That being said one argument from those low on Mixon I don't see enough is that the fantasy community was way too high on Mixon during the run up to last year's rookie drafts. For me, it isn't that he disappointed given his situation (though it's certainly a factor), it's that too much weight was placed on size/speed combine performance and not enough attention was paid to Mixon not being the lead RB on his own college team. Players like Kamara buck the trend, but it's very rare. I think the combine erroneously made Mixon look better than Cook (and Fournette to some), when it really shouldn't have. We should have been debating between CMC and Mixon at 1.03 and not Mixon and Fournette at 1.01.

So I'll take Guice over Mixon. I don't hate Mixon and I'm not Guice's biggest fan, but I think Mixon is experiencing the Derrick Henry effect, which is basically when our pre-rookie draft assessments over-inflate a player and then cause lingering dynasty value impact despite continued lack of performance. Mixon certainly has time, but I'd bet on him underwhelming but maintaining high value due to theoretical upside longer than he should.
If that's how you felt about him pre-draft then thats a fair argument and last year should've just confirmed it for you. For me I saw a kid come in as a rookie and immediately eat into a RB's work that just produced a 1,700 season and then turn around and actually have more carries than Perine as a sophomore and was way more efficient with those carries. College football doesn't always make a ton of sense especially when there is an incumbent back that is doing extremely well. I thought Guice looked better than LF in 2016 but obviously that was LF's backfield when healthy. All of Mixon's tape pointed to a well rounded versatile back with all the measurables needed to be a true bellcow aka Leveon lite. Who knows if he will live up to that but he does have solid patience and vision at the line, has the build to handle 300 carries a year and has the route running and catching ability to be an extremely good receiver out of the backfield.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:50 pm

im an active mixon "hater" to where i dont think he is this great talent that i see others think he is but i would actually take mixon over 1.2 here. after barkley, there are question marks with every rb available just like the question marks i have with mixon so for me, at best it would be a lateral move. im not in it for just merely breaking even so id stick with mixon and try to find the guy in the league that does love him
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter