Can someone sell me on why Bryce Love will be better than Ameer Abdullah?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Can someone sell me on why Bryce Love will be better than Ameer Abdullah?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 pm

The 40 time will easily be the big difference on paper, as Abdullah ran 4.60 (which seems a bit fluky, he did not run that slow on tape but I digress) and Love will probably run around a 4.4 flat.

Other than that tho, are they about the same guy? If anything, Love is actually worse off from a height/weight perspective. 15 LBs lighter and same height or taller.

Love doesn't even have proven hands as a receiver.

I Love watching Love play football, but man... I don't think I'll be drafting him.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Can someone sell me on why Bryce Love will be better than Ameer Abdullah?

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

41 views and nothing? Ill take a nibble I suppose.

I like Love's tape a good bit better. Abdullah always struck me like a real solid college back, not even a great one. Like he got what was given to him, in terms of both game plan and on a given play. And it just didnt translate, I dunno. Theres a very large degree of "everyones talented" in the NFL and Abdullah just hasnt really put enough together to deliver in fantasy terms, and real football terms.

Love on the other hand, has more "whoa" runs, to me. Cant really guarantee anything because you can turn around and argue nice steady productions is just as important as flashes, but I guess this could still be one argument for Love, maybe.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 am

Likely no comments since he isn't coming out until 2019.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:30 pm

I'm not qualified since I haven't studied Love's tape at all but the few games I watched of Standford I was very impressed with how dynamic he was. Pretty surprised they aren't using his like CMC in the receiving game, he looks like he could run great routes and is pretty deadly in the open field

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 am

love is a better player. he averages 2 yards more per carry on his career. that is a lot. he likely can wiggle thru the hole better and is just generally more elusive.

i didn't see a 15 pound size difference and found love is 1 inch taller (based on their listings on sports-reference.com)

how did you come about making this particular comparison of players? just curious
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 am

I was never impressed by Abduallh, even in College. Never understood the hype. I think he had one highlight run during the preseason of his rookie year that got people overly excited. Love looked really good last year and I was a little surprised he chose to stay in school. I never did understand why they didn't use him in the passing game, especially since Stanford loves throwing it to RBs (or at least they did the year before with CMC). That makes me a little worried, especially because of his size. At under 200 lbs, I'm not sure he can be a workhorse in the NFL, and if you're not getting 20 carries a game, you better be catching passes. If for some reason his receptions don't go up this year, I'd probably avoid him in drafts next year, but I do think his ceiling is much higher than AA's ever was and I'm rooting for him cuz he seems like a good kid.

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:22 am

well....it's not very hard to be better than Ameer, that's all that needs to be said

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 am I was never impressed by Abduallh, even in College. Never understood the hype. I think he had one highlight run during the preseason of his rookie year that got people overly excited. Love looked really good last year and I was a little surprised he chose to stay in school. I never did understand why they didn't use him in the passing game, especially since Stanford loves throwing it to RBs (or at least they did the year before with CMC). That makes me a little worried, especially because of his size. At under 200 lbs, I'm not sure he can be a workhorse in the NFL, and if you're not getting 20 carries a game, you better be catching passes. If for some reason his receptions don't go up this year, I'd probably avoid him in drafts next year, but I do think his ceiling is much higher than AA's ever was and I'm rooting for him cuz he seems like a good kid.
Just a guess but this was a very deep RB class like last year and I've heard next year is extremely light at RB but heavy at WR so maybe he was trying to get a higher draft spot? Not a terrible Idea since unfortunately running backs get thrown to the curb more often than not after their rookie deals are up

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 amHow did you come about making this particular comparison of players? just curious
I was bored at work and decided to watch old Abdullah film and thought “Man he really was pretty electric! Too bad he couldn’t translate to the pro’s”

And then it made me wonder if Love will follow the same path. Especially since at 190 lbs, Love will not be able to succeed in the NFL unless he becomes a prolific pass-catcher.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 am I was never impressed by Abduallh, even in College. Never understood the hype. I think he had one highlight run during the preseason of his rookie year that got people overly excited. Love looked really good last year and I was a little surprised he chose to stay in school. I never did understand why they didn't use him in the passing game, especially since Stanford loves throwing it to RBs (or at least they did the year before with CMC). That makes me a little worried, especially because of his size. At under 200 lbs, I'm not sure he can be a workhorse in the NFL, and if you're not getting 20 carries a game, you better be catching passes. If for some reason his receptions don't go up this year, I'd probably avoid him in drafts next year, but I do think his ceiling is much higher than AA's ever was and I'm rooting for him cuz he seems like a good kid.
Just a guess but this was a very deep RB class like last year and I've heard next year is extremely light at RB but heavy at WR so maybe he was trying to get a higher draft spot? Not a terrible Idea since unfortunately running backs get thrown to the curb more often than not after their rookie deals are up
Yea, I get that and assumed that was the deal. Still surprised me when it happened.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm
Yea, I get that and assumed that was the deal. Still surprised me when it happened.
Same here, going of production and stats alone Love should've be right in the mix as the tier below Barkley but I also think there were just too many combine darlings this year with the height/weight combo for teams to pass on for a guy that's hovering at 200 lbs with no real proven receiving production...I'm sure a lot of teams had questions about CMC's run game translating to the NFL but his his receiving capabilities took away any doubt teams had about him, best case he's ELITE, worst case he's a mismatch ultimate 3rd down back. with Love it seems to be more boom or bust, what if Love's game can't translate to the nfl? Then your left with a dude that weighs 200lb when you passed up on guys like Royce Freeman whose got all check marks by his name as far as height/weight/speed

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Stanford Degree doesn't't hurt, either.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick