Late Round RB's

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Late Round RB's

Postby zelldawg26 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:24 am

Hey guys, I was trying to find a decent thread on some of these players and it's a needle in a haystack. I just want to know what you guys think of these backs and though they were drafted later, some were still 4th rounders and I believe can hold just as much potential as a few of the 1st ten or twelve backs off the board.. Let me know what you think, here's my 2 cents.

Ito Smith- Although a small conference, major producer in college, still played some tough teams like LSU etc. Almost produced 6 thousand yards in his 4 years at Southern Sip. Yes he is behind the Freeman/Coleman duo, but if one goes down, they won't just be holding him on special teams with his 4th round draft cap and ability to grind between the tackles. With Freeman's injuries and Coleman's contract almost up. Grab the guy and hold.

Jaylen Samuels- hybrid TE/RB. Definitely looks the part of a stockier RB but won't be relevant with the 3rd round Conner in the way (who has much higher college production). I still think he could demand some targets and while since he is a hybrid, might steal some time away from Jesse James and McDonald. Samuels is an exceptional athlete they could use as more of a swiss army knife player. So with Bell holding out as usual, we might see a lot of his skill set and ways they'll utilize him in the preseason. Keep an eye on snap share between him and Conner.

Chase Edmonds- Has the pedigree and agility. He completely dominated in college, (though he is coming from a very small conference). Has to beat out Kerwynn Williams and T.J. Logan for No.2 duties and DJ hasn't always been healthy. The only downside with that is, will they bring in another vet if an injury happens again? Still, I like the draft cap and think he could push for some time. I believe they'll want DJ healthy, and the days of Arians with the 30+ touches put on one back are now gone and in the books. The speculation here is that with the new coach in Steve Wilks, new coaches love to show off their new toys. Plus it's HIS 4th round draft pick and it's time for new beginnings if Arizona wants to play with a little more versatility. I say there is a little bit of room back there for extra carries this year so they can test out their players. But we all know it will still be the DJ show. What matters with Edmonds is just how much of that show will be interrupted.

Justin Jackson- Jackson is currently competing for the No.2 role with only the UDFA Ekeler to beat. He has excellent burst and agility and has been a mega producer in a much tougher conference than the others mentioned above. If anyone is given the shot to take on a full workload after an injury, it's Jackson. Keep an eye on his weight though. He needs to add around 10 to 15 lbs of muscle. And has a low BMI while only weighing in at around 195 lbs. But if he can pull it off in the next few months, he'll look the part, because he looked just dominant at Northwestern. He was San Diego's 5th round pick with some potential sleeper status. While Melvin Gordon isn't going anywhere soon, he hasn't necessarily impressed with his numbers, only averaging 3.9 ypc rushing last season and only 1100 yards. It's time to test out some new blood, so definitely keep an eye on San Diego's backfield. I see them giving him a shot while Ekeler could use a little competition and Gordon needs a little fire behind him.

If anybody else has got anything on these guys other than the typical, "not worth jack without an injury" please let me know. Would appreciate the views. Thanks.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

anovotny01
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Late Round RB's

Postby anovotny01 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am

Solid takes. All guys I want a piece of at the back end of drafts. Everybody is on Jordan Wilkins, but it seems like a these guys could see just as much of the field.
Team 1 12 team .5 ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB Wentz, Watson
RB Michel, Guice, Mack, Lindsay, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Perine, Breida, Edmonds, Devante Booker, Gallman, Mike Davis
WR Hopkins, Baldwin, Cooper, CDavis , Mike Williams, Godwin, Callaway
TE Henry, Doyle, Uzomah, Andrews

Team 2 12 Team ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
QB Alex Smith, Keenum, Rosen
RB Peyton Barber, CJ Anderson, Chubb, Tevin Coleman, Royce Freeman, Donta Foreman, Perine, Jaylen Samuels, Bo Scar, Ito Smith, Rod Smith, Mark Walton, Josh Adams
WR Cooper, Corey Davis, Diggs, Doctson, Enunwa, Sterling Shepard , ESB, Valdez-Scantling, Braxton Berrios
TE Doyle, Jonnu Smith, Demetrius Harris

TeamSB
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TeamSB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 am

In our draft (mid-May), here was the order of the late round flyer RB's

Chase went 4.07 (me)
Jackson went 4.08 (to the Gordon owner)
Kelly went 4.12 (to the Gurley owner)
Ito went 5.02 (to the DJ Owner because I took Chase earlier)
Walton went 5.03
Samuels went 5.07 (me)

Of all these RB's, for some strange reason I'm highest on Samuels. Maybe it's his diverse skills, although some would argue that swiss army knifes don't usually work out.
*****Team-1*****
14-team Superflex TEP PPR League (start 10)
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2Flex(RB/WR/TE), 1Flex(RB/WR/TE/QB)
QB=Allen, Watson, Darnold
RB=Chubb, Stevenson, Javonte, Gibson, Ford
WR=Higgins, Pittman, Aiyuk, Dotson, Lazard, Nico, MJones
TE=Waller, Dulcich, Chig, HHenry
2023 Picks=1.08, 2.03 (17), 2.08 (22), 4.08 (50)

*****Team-2*****
10-team 1QB PPR League (start 10)
Start QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF
QB=Allen, Cousins, Geno
RB=Ekeler, AJones, Mixon, Sanders, Penny, Gainwell
WR=Lamb, Higgins, Waddle, Pittman, Olave, Dotson, Mooney
TE=Kmet, McBride, Otton
2023 Picks=1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

*****Team-3*****
10-team 1QB PPR League (start 9) - Roster Size = 18
Start QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF
QB=Fields, Lamar, Geno
RB=Walker, Harris, Moss, Murray
WR=Waddle, GWilson, Amari, Kirk, Dotson, Elijah
TE=Engram, Dulcich
2023 Picks=1.02, 1.05, 2.05, 3..05, 4.05, 5.05

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Samuels was drafted with the 2.08 in my league.. I almost fell out of my chair!
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm

I thought Jackson was a 7th rnd pick not a 5th?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm I thought Jackson was a 7th rnd pick not a 5th?
You are correct, sir.

To the OP: Jackson at 195 does not have much, if any shot at taking on a full workload in the NFL. Adding 10-15 lbs is not easy, and often leads to injury issues. Even is he added the full 15, he's still only be 210 lbs, and there are not too many full time backs at that weight.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:43 am

Personnaly I took Edmonds Smith and Samuels via the waivers as a dark throw. Like Samuels either. For Edmonds it is pretty obvious since I have dj lol
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman