Devin Funchess

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Devin Funchess

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:58 am

Post Options Post by jimihendrix on 1 minute ago
NEWS ARTICLES > PANTHERS | DEVIN FUNCHESS NOT A NO. 1 WR?
PUBLISHED SUN MAY 27 11:06:03 P.M. ET 2018
(USA Today Fantasy Sports) Carolina Panthers WR Devin Funchess has the talent to reach 1,000 yards, according to Bill Voth of Panthers.com, but Voth doesn't believe offensive coordinator Norv Turner wants a "true No. 1 wideout" for his offense.

What do you expect from Funchess, Is he a wr-1 ? :wave:
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Devin Funchess

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:59 am

Cam likes big targets and really zoned in on Funchess as th season went on. I think he's fine for 800+ yards and 8+ TDs. WR3 out of the gate for me but would feel more comfortable with him as my WR4.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:59 am Cam likes big targets and really zoned in on Funchess as th season went on. I think he's fine for 800+ yards and 8+ TDs. WR3 out of the gate for me but would feel more comfortable with him as my WR4.
Yeah, he's already established this at 23 so I expect him to be at least that. I think he pushes 1000 yards this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:21 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:59 am Cam likes big targets and really zoned in on Funchess as th season went on. I think he's fine for 800+ yards and 8+ TDs. WR3 out of the gate for me but would feel more comfortable with him as my WR4.
Yeah, he's already established this at 23 so I expect him to be at least that. I think he pushes 1000 yards this year.
Funchess success will ultimately be a function of Moore. Funchess really lacks separation and needs Moore to limit his double coverage percentage. Funchess is a big target with a nice catch radius but his ability to get open consistently remains a question mark.

Personally, I think Moore will be the better of these two. That said, I agree with the 800 or so yards and 8 TD upside.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm

I don't understand why Funch gets so much hate. He's only 23 or 24, and he's athletic. He produced when given the chance to step up.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Idk if a top 12 WR will ever be on the Panthers as long as Cam is there. Not hating on Cam but he isn't a prolific passer and I see him spreading the ball around too much with CMC Moore and Funchess along with Samuels getting some here and there. I still think Funchess is a solid bet to be a top 24-30 WR which is extremely valuable IMO

anovotny01
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby anovotny01 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm

As a Funchess owner, I also think he is undervalued. Tried to move him this offseason and could not get anything reasonable in return for a player his age with solid to good production. I don't really get it.
Team 1 12 team .5 ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB Wentz, Watson
RB Michel, Guice, Mack, Lindsay, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Perine, Breida, Edmonds, Devante Booker, Gallman, Mike Davis
WR Hopkins, Baldwin, Cooper, CDavis , Mike Williams, Godwin, Callaway
TE Henry, Doyle, Uzomah, Andrews

Team 2 12 Team ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
QB Alex Smith, Keenum, Rosen
RB Peyton Barber, CJ Anderson, Chubb, Tevin Coleman, Royce Freeman, Donta Foreman, Perine, Jaylen Samuels, Bo Scar, Ito Smith, Rod Smith, Mark Walton, Josh Adams
WR Cooper, Corey Davis, Diggs, Doctson, Enunwa, Sterling Shepard , ESB, Valdez-Scantling, Braxton Berrios
TE Doyle, Jonnu Smith, Demetrius Harris

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:36 pm

I think he is the #1 on the Panthers but consider him a mid #2 at best among all WR. Agree with the comments above Cam is not the most accurate passer in the league.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 pm

j2cain wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm I don't understand why Funch gets so much hate. He's only 23 or 24, and he's athletic. He produced when given the chance to step up.
I don't see it as hate at all.

The Fact is Funchess is a big relatively slow WR. He is a tweener type that is close or compares to a TE playing on the outside. He is not quick enough to be a real effective route runner and not fast enough to get open enough on intermediate routes to be a high target player.

His floor and ceiling are close which makes him a solid WR2/3 on a fantasy team. His career catch rate is right at 50% to targets. He will struggle to ever get to 80 receptions. Doesn't mean he is bad but in reality his effectiveness will be tied to TD's in fantasy.

Moore is the upside player to own as a WR1 potential play longer term. His skill set is vastly better than Funchess as a pure WR.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 pm
j2cain wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm I don't understand why Funch gets so much hate. He's only 23 or 24, and he's athletic. He produced when given the chance to step up.

The Fact is Funchess is a big relatively slow WR. He is a tweener type that is close or compares to a TE playing on the outside. He is not quick enough to be a real effective route runner and not fast enough to get open enough on intermediate routes to be a high target player.

His floor and ceiling are close which makes him a solid WR2/3 on a fantasy team. His career catch rate is right at 50% to targets. He will struggle to ever get to 80 receptions. Doesn't mean he is bad but in reality his effectiveness will be tied to TD's in fantasy.

Moore is the upside player to own as a WR1 potential play longer term. His skill set is vastly better than Funchess as a pure WR.
He's slow by weight. IDK, I like DJ Moore but DF profiles to Brandon Marshall, and he suits Cams personality. He catches 50% of his targets because Cam loves to heave it down the field and know the 6 ft 4 Funch has a shot at it. I think they can both succeed. I see Funch as a 70 catch 1000 yard type of guy with 8 plus TD's. A mini Mike Evans, but at the price I'll take it.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

He's slow by weight. IDK, I like DJ Moore but DF profiles to Brandon Marshall, and he suits Cams personality. He catches 50% of his targets because Cam loves to heave it down the field and know the 6 ft 4 Funch has a shot at it. I think they can both succeed. I see Funch as a 70 catch 1000 yard type of guy with 8 plus TD's. A mini Mike Evans, but at the price I'll take it.
At 70 catches he would rank in the 15-20 range at WR most years. He could hit 70. Like I said all this confirms he is a WR2 fantasy type WR upside play.

I strongly disagree with the Brandon Marshall comparison. Marshall is a 4.5 guy vs a 4.7 guy. Marshall has/had extremely fluid hips and plucks the ball with hands far easier. He also is 10x better as a route runner. Cam is close to a 60% completion QB. No doubt he forces the ball but then again his last few WR's struggle to get open. Fiunchess helps Cam no doubt but his floor/ceiling has little to do with Cam,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

At 70 catches he would rank in the 15-20 range at WR most years. He could hit 70. Like I said all this confirms he is a WR2 fantasy type WR upside play.

I strongly disagree with the Brandon Marshall comparison. Marshall is a 4.5 guy vs a 4.7 guy. Marshall has/had extremely fluid hips and plucks the ball with hands far easier. He also is 10x better as a route runner. Cam is close to a 60% completion QB. No doubt he forces the ball but then again his last few WR's struggle to get open. Fiunchess helps Cam no doubt but his floor/ceiling has little to do with Cam,
4.52 vs 4.60. Fact. Marshall as a comparison based on playerproflier (athletically and production wise in college) That's not what I was referring too, not tape watching.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/devin-funchess/

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 am

Pretty sure Funchess official combine 40 was 4.7.