Penny or Michel

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Penny or Michel

Postby vixen » Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 pm

ppr league

who do you value more?
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Away Team
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Penny or Michel

Postby Away Team » Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Penny.

Like him as a multi-dimensional prospect more. Not as concerned about the Patriots RB narrative as some others are, but it is a crowded backfield with a more finnicky coaching staff.
Last edited by Away Team on Mon May 28, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Penny
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Michel..See him as the far superior talent/prospect with just as much draft capital. Plus when patriots invest a 1st rd pick, I see them as more invested with that pick than most teams would be. And that scoring offense td upside, icing on the cake

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Penny is my choice.

Both backs are almost identical in size but like Penny's movement better. Seems more fluid and more creative in space. Uses head fakes really well. Penny looks to play faster and quicker. Both are patient runners when they need to be. Penny is the more natural catcher of the ball.

Like them both quite a bit. Both have a chance to have an instant impact.

Thought it was interesting that the Seattle GM claimed a team tried to get him after he was selected. Sounds like actual pro scouts liked him a lot. Carrol knows a lot about RB's.

In the words of Pete Carroll

"He is also going to be a three-down back for us and he can do everything," coach Pete Carroll said of his first-round runner. "He needs to work on his pass protection which he was not asked to do a lot of. But he will give us the ability to play him on all downs and that versatility is really big."
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm

spotxc wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 pm Michel..See him as the far superior talent/prospect with just as much draft capital. Plus when patriots invest a 1st rd pick, I see them as more invested with that pick than most teams would be. And that scoring offense td upside, icing on the cake
x2 on everything
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 28, 2018 8:54 pm

spotxc wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 pm Michel..See him as the far superior talent/prospect with just as much draft capital. Plus when patriots invest a 1st rd pick, I see them as more invested with that pick than most teams would be. And that scoring offense td upside, icing on the cake
Why?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 am

1. Barkley

2/3. Penny/Michel

4. Guice

5/6/7/8. Chubb/Rojo/Freeman/Johnson

Thats my tier breakdown. I would probably pick Penny at 1.02 for the safer workload but Michel has tons of upside and is more talented IMO.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:54 pm
Why?
The patriots are known as a team that wastes the least amount of resources. Which imo means when they invest significant amount in someone, it’s cause they plan on utilizing him to the fullest. They seem to have a good process of doing homework on guys and have a coaching staff that knows how to get the most out of them also.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 am

spotxc wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm
Why?
The patriots are known as a team that wastes the least amount of resources. Which imo means when they invest significant amount in someone, it’s cause they plan on utilizing him to the fullest. They seem to have a good process of doing homework on guys and have a coaching staff that knows how to get the most out of them also.
Hmmm Wonder if the Pats rated Penny higher or as high as Michel? Probably never really know that answer since the Pats had no chance at him but with the news the Browns tried to trade for Penny after he was picked was interesting as to how other Pro teams valued Penny.

That 5th year option is huge for teams and given teams don't really want to pay RB's huge money on 2nd contracts (see Bell) we are starting to see RB's getting pushed up. Use to be only QB's seemed to be players teams would reach a bit to secure that longer term deal.

While I don't see Michel as a superior prospect, in fact I like Penny better, I do see them both as solid players. Obviously, the Zeke, Barkley, and Gurley's are no doubters for first rounders but we are seeing RB's ticking back up which could be due to current contract rules
in place.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am

Ice wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 am

Why?
Hmmm Wonder if the Pats rated Penny higher or as high as Michel? Probably never really know that answer since the Pats had no chance at him but with the news the Browns tried to trade for Penny after he was picked was interesting as to how other Pro teams valued Penny.
I thought the rumor was that the Pats tried to trade for Penny, and the Browns also said they'd have taken Penny at 33.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm
x2 on everything
agreed

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am
Ice wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 am

I thought the rumor was that the Pats tried to trade for Penny, and the Browns also said they'd have taken Penny at 33.
That's the rumour, yes.

gilberjj
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gilberjj » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:45 pm

Penny because of workload. Michel is an equal or better talent, but I can’t see a scenario where he out touches Penny.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, Penny is paired with Russell Wilson. Best case scenario, Michel will have Tom Brady for what, 2 MAYBE 3 years?
10 team 0.5 PPR, QB, 2 RB/WR, Flex, TE
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Ajayi, Drake, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Carson
WR: OBJ, Julio, Fitz, Watkins, Crabtree, Enunwa, Matthews
TE: Reed
2018 picks: 1.02, 1.06, 4.02, 5.02...

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 am

Michel
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook