Cook Vs. Penny & Chubb

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Would you rather own

Cook
29%
Penny & Chubb
71%

Total votes: 52

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Cook Vs. Penny & Chubb

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Chuck_The_Deuce wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:33 am How much does this change if it becomes

Cook Vs. Royce Freeman and Sony Michel?
This one for me is an instant decline.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 pm
Chuck_The_Deuce wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:33 am How much does this change if it becomes

Yeah, not a fan of this one. Chubb and Penny is a slam dunk, though. 2 RB's drafted higher than Cook was, the odds are so far in favour of that turning out well. They were both highly successful producers in college and tested well at the combine. Easy call, to me this is really not close. I don't see how Cook has more value than he did last year, he played fairly well, but also tore an ACL, so I don't see any reason to elevate his value from last year at all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am

Yeah, not a fan of this one. Chubb and Penny is a slam dunk, though. 2 RB's drafted higher than Cook was, the odds are so far in favour of that turning out well. They were both highly successful producers in college and tested well at the combine. Easy call, to me this is really not close. I don't see how Cook has more value than he did last year, he played fairly well, but also tore an ACL, so I don't see any reason to elevate his value from last year at all.
Because he was on pace for like 1,600 yards. Could've easily been in the discussion for ROTY and is in one of the most ideal spots of any RB in the league. Not saying Chubb and Penny isn't a great haul for him but if you want to plant your flag down with Cook and stay strong I wouldn't blame anyone. Cook could very well be poised to enter the ELITE tier of running backs if he continues to show what he did last year over a 16 game season. I think Cook is easily better talent wise than either Chubb or Penny individually. As far as the other trade I like Michel more than Chubb but not by an insane amount compared to the amount I like Penny over Freeman so I'd probably pretty quickly decline that one

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:23 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am

Because he was on pace for like 1,600 yards. Could've easily been in the discussion for ROTY and is in one of the most ideal spots of any RB in the league. Not saying Chubb and Penny isn't a great haul for him but if you want to plant your flag down with Cook and stay strong I wouldn't blame anyone. Cook could very well be poised to enter the ELITE tier of running backs if he continues to show what he did last year over a 16 game season. I think Cook is easily better talent wise than either Chubb or Penny individually. As far as the other trade I like Michel more than Chubb but not by an insane amount compared to the amount I like Penny over Freeman so I'd probably pretty quickly decline that one
I like Cook but projecting out 4 games that far is a pretty big leap.

I mean, at the time Cook got hurt Kareem Hunt was on pace for 2600yds and 24 TDs, Stefon Diggs was on pace for 1600yds and 16 TDs, CJ Anderson was on pace for 1600yds, Dak Prescott was on pace to score 40 TDs, Tom Brady was on pace to throw for 5800yds, Chris Thompson was on pace for 1500yds and 16 TDs, and Tarik Cohen was on pace to catch 96 passes for 1300yds.

Needless to say, projecting out a sample size as small of 4 games to an entire season is a dangerous game.

Cook looked good out there over a very short stretch. But let's not mistake that as if he's particularly proven relative to a pair of rookies that have played a whole 4 fewer games than him.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:23 am
Titans95 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am

I like Cook but projecting out 4 games that far is a pretty big leap.

I mean, at the time Cook got hurt Kareem Hunt was on pace for 2600yds and 24 TDs, Stefon Diggs was on pace for 1600yds and 16 TDs, CJ Anderson was on pace for 1600yds, Dak Prescott was on pace to score 40 TDs, Tom Brady was on pace to throw for 5800yds, Chris Thompson was on pace for 1500yds and 16 TDs, and Tarik Cohen was on pace to catch 96 passes for 1300yds.

Needless to say, projecting out a sample size as small of 4 games to an entire season is a dangerous game.

Cook looked good out there over a very short stretch. But let's not mistake that as if he's particularly proven relative to a pair of rookies that have played a whole 4 fewer games than him.
Fair enough, not saying he will put up 1600 yards ala Zeke but I think Cook showed more than enough for me in 4 games to have him ranked higher than everyone except Kamara and Hunt in that draft class, I have him and Fournette close to each other. Obviously people would be losing their minds if Hunt went down after those first 3-4 games and his slowed down throughout the season but I think Cook is safe bet to reach that 1,100-1,200 mark with 30-40 catches and thats a solid RB1. 4 games in football is a lot....most rookie rb's that come out the gate swinging like that aren't just going to suddenly disappear, it would be different if we were making the argument he didn't come out the gate swinging but still has the potential...(Mixon). So give me the guy thats proved himself 4 games in a row to be very solid vs the guys that havent....I'd probably still make the first trade just because that's how you build depth but I like cook ALOT more than either of those RB's individually and wouldn't fault anyone who believes his value is going to soar after this season and wants to hold.