Rojo vs Penny

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

PPR

Poll ended at Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 pm

ROJO
34%
PENNY
66%

Total votes: 38

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rojo vs Penny

Postby Tvols » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

just watch Pennys high lights again. Big thing stood out not one play i can remember where he mad contact every thing was running through large holes .. My take very poor competition or greatest O-line ever.. WHats going happen to him when he gets hit every play? iseen Rojo take massive contact and get up.. I lean Rojo penny is fast but so are a lot of people..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 am

Tvols wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am just watch Pennys high lights again. Big thing stood out not one play i can remember where he mad contact every thing was running through large holes .. My take very poor competition or greatest O-line ever.. WHats going happen to him when he gets hit every play? iseen Rojo take massive contact and get up.. I lean Rojo penny is fast but so are a lot of people..
when you say "watched his tape" are you referring to his highlights? Penny has the highest yards after contact of any RB in the class....

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 am
Tvols wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am just watch Pennys high lights again. Big thing stood out not one play i can remember where he mad contact every thing was running through large holes .. My take very poor competition or greatest O-line ever.. WHats going happen to him when he gets hit every play? iseen Rojo take massive contact and get up.. I lean Rojo penny is fast but so are a lot of people..
when you say "watched his tape" are you referring to his highlights? Penny has the highest yards after contact of any RB in the class....
yes that what I looked at .. he very well may have but in the high lights I saw no contact, broken tackles etc.. maybe that why he has the highest after contact? IDK
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Tvols wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 am
yes that what I looked at .. he very well may have but in the high lights I saw no contact, broken tackles etc.. maybe that why he has the highest after contact? IDK
Watching highlights of a player and making your opinions off of them is a really bad way to judge players, someone with a 2.5 yards per carry could have the most insane highlights of all time. Tarik Cohen has probably the best Highlights I've ever seen but that didn't make me take him above all the top backs last year....if you actually watch every single play from multiple games you will see Penny consistently breaks tackles and doesn't go down on first contact...i agree a lot of his big homerun plays where gifted to him by his O-line but his overall game is a lot more than jsut his highlight reel. and Yards After Contact is a stat that is calculated by the amount of yards he averages per carry after initial contact so all of those plays where he never gets touched do not count toward it. He has to break a tackle before that stat starts.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed May 16, 2018 4:25 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Watching highlights of a player and making your opinions off of them is a really bad way to judge players, someone with a 2.5 yards per carry could have the most insane highlights of all time. Tarik Cohen has probably the best Highlights I've ever seen but that didn't make me take him above all the top backs last year....if you actually watch every single play from multiple games you will see Penny consistently breaks tackles and doesn't go down on first contact...i agree a lot of his big homerun plays where gifted to him by his O-line but his overall game is a lot more than jsut his highlight reel. and Yards After Contact is a stat that is calculated by the amount of yards he averages per carry after initial contact so all of those plays where he never gets touched do not count toward it. He has to break a tackle before that stat starts.
Yeah maybe so but usually the highlight are things to come and look forward too but his high lokgts imho were very underwhelming in the terms of a power back he suppose be at his size .. I went to look at how smooth effortless he ran again but came away feeling disappointed in the amount of high lights showing off that physical side of this highly regard 3 down back...and as I said in my first post here he makes no contact so that the point I was making .. don’t think anyone in there mind uses highlights to judge a player strictly off that so no I don’t need be told to watch other game film ...but thanks for the instructions
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 am

Tvols wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah maybe so but usually the highlight are things to come and look forward too but his high lokgts imho were very underwhelming in the terms of a power back he suppose be at his size .. I went to look at how smooth effortless he ran again but came away feeling disappointed in the amount of high lights showing off that physical side of this highly regard 3 down back...and as I said in my first post here he makes no contact so that the point I was making .. don’t think anyone in there mind uses highlights to judge a player strictly off that so no I don’t need be told to watch other game film ...but thanks for the instructions
Your post is contradictory....you are saying no one uses highlights to judge a player yet here you are only mentioning highlights as talking points saying his highlights are underwhelming lol and again yards after contact is a stat that can only be counted when an RB MAKES CONTACT any play he doesn't make contact would not count towards that stat.....Rojo has great highlights but you don't see the plays that he gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage over and over and over again or the fact the when anyone gets a hand on him he practically falls over, he's undersized and can't handle a full load. I think he could contribute in the receiving game but he has less receptions than even Chubb so thats yet to be seen on tape. Penny's tape is superior to Rojo's in almost every single way.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 am
Tvols wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:25 am

Your post is contradictory....you are saying no one uses highlights to judge a player yet here you are only mentioning highlights as talking points saying his highlights are underwhelming lol and again yards after contact is a stat that can only be counted when an RB MAKES CONTACT any play he doesn't make contact would not count towards that stat.....Rojo has great highlights but you don't see the plays that he gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage over and over and over again or the fact the when anyone gets a hand on him he practically falls over, he's undersized and can't handle a full load. I think he could contribute in the receiving game but he has less receptions than even Chubb so thats yet to be seen on tape. Penny's tape is superior to Rojo's in almost every single way.
Dude get over your self.. that is your opinion and fine draft him don’t think anyone is trying to stop you .. I was giving my input if you don’t like it stick your head back up your back side where it stays..half the stuff you trying to say I said you are. MAsking up ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm

I have zero interest in either !
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:47 pm RoJo for me.

Draft Capital: close enough to where I wont give either a real advantage here

Team: I like both situations but give me the Bucs where Koetter likes feeding a single RB and the offensive line isn't as much as a catastrophe as Seattle.

Players:

RoJo, USC, 5'10/205, 76% vert, 20 years old: speed/quickness jumps off screen, explodes through hole, surprising balance, good vision, avoids first tackler via laterial cut, quick accelerator, tough runner. 1st Round Grade.

Rashaad Penny, San Diego St, 5'10/220, 4.46 40, 25% vert, 64% broad, 22 years old: awesome vision, runs too high, smoothly bounces forward off cut/subtle elusiveness, bad pass pro, falls forward, runs through arm tackles, not particularly powerful. Worry about how much the San Diego St system elevated him as they perpetually put out historically productive RBs. Round 3 grade.
Penny for me, and honestly it isn't even close.

Also, the narrative that Seattle's o-line is terrible is fake news.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm

scilly wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:47 pm RoJo for me.

Draft Capital: close enough to where I wont give either a real advantage here

Team: I like both situations but give me the Bucs where Koetter likes feeding a single RB and the offensive line isn't as much as a catastrophe as Seattle.

Players:

RoJo, USC, 5'10/205, 76% vert, 20 years old: speed/quickness jumps off screen, explodes through hole, surprising balance, good vision, avoids first tackler via laterial cut, quick accelerator, tough runner. 1st Round Grade.

Rashaad Penny, San Diego St, 5'10/220, 4.46 40, 25% vert, 64% broad, 22 years old: awesome vision, runs too high, smoothly bounces forward off cut/subtle elusiveness, bad pass pro, falls forward, runs through arm tackles, not particularly powerful. Worry about how much the San Diego St system elevated him as they perpetually put out historically productive RBs. Round 3 grade.
Penny for me, and honestly it isn't even close.

Also, the narrative that Seattle's o-line is terrible is fake news.
Did you even watch a Seahawks game? I believe RB’s combined for 1 rushing TD.. Everytime I watched Seattle they couldn’t rush for a TD inside the 5.. Stuffed play after play , this is the reason it was the Jimmy Graham show inside the red zone .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

RoJo! idk why but i just dont like penny
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Fri May 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I too have other preferable favorites in the top 6, but between these two I'd take Penny
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta