Sutton

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Sutton

Postby AussieMate » Sun May 13, 2018 7:46 pm

I've noticed Sutton dropping in drafts alot and I just wanted to know if it's because of his situation or him. He was considered the top wr for quite some time, performed well in the combine and I can afford to hold him for a few yrs if he he still has the highest ceiling of all wrs?

The dude
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sutton

Postby The dude » Mon May 14, 2018 5:19 am

for me sutton is not the best receiver of the draft I prefer ridley see Miller but personally what scares me is that he has thomas and Sanders before they have drafte Hamilton in 4th lap that I find quite a bit and henderson last year and I still have big doubts about their QB
16 Teams PPR 6pts TD (QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,3FLEX,1DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S)

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon May 14, 2018 6:09 am

I would grab Sutton to stash if he fell to the 3rd or 4th round. He'll have little value in 2018 but Demaryius Thomas' and Emmanuel Sanders' contracts go only through 2019, and they occupy a ton of cap space so a patient owner may see dividends when one or more of them move on. He and fellow rookie DaeSean Hamilton will be tutored by two of the better receivers in the league and be groomed to replace them.
Of course, it may not work out that way, but that's not a bad investment to bet on. Hamilton likely falls even later and may be a steal where he does.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:02 am

GOTGDynasty wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:09 am I would grab Sutton to stash if he fell to the 3rd or 4th round. He'll have little value in 2018 but Demaryius Thomas' and Emmanuel Sanders' contracts go only through 2019, and they occupy a ton of cap space so a patient owner may see dividends when one or more of them move on. He and fellow rookie DaeSean Hamilton will be tutored by two of the better receivers in the league and be groomed to replace them.
Of course, it may not work out that way, but that's not a bad investment to bet on. Hamilton likely falls even later and may be a steal where he does.
In what world would Sutton ever fall to the 3rd round let alone 4th?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am

AussieMate wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:46 pm I've noticed Sutton dropping in drafts alot and I just wanted to know if it's because of his situation or him. He was considered the top wr for quite some time, performed well in the combine and I can afford to hold him for a few yrs if he he still has the highest ceiling of all wrs?
I'd rather go with a guy like DJ Moore, Ridley and then I'd honestly take Miller and Gallup over him...He's got talent and great size but I just have this gut feeling his floor is becoming the next Laquon Treadwell

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am
AussieMate wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:46 pm I've noticed Sutton dropping in drafts alot and I just wanted to know if it's because of his situation or him. He was considered the top wr for quite some time, performed well in the combine and I can afford to hold him for a few yrs if he he still has the highest ceiling of all wrs?
I'd rather go with a guy like DJ Moore, Ridley and then I'd honestly take Miller and Gallup over him...He's got talent and great size but I just have this gut feeling his floor is becoming the next Laquon Treadwell
Treadwell does not have Sutton's feet...and it's not remotely close.

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am

In what world would Sutton ever fall to the 3rd round let alone 4th?
In a ten-team league where there is an early run on QBs it's possible.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 am
Athletically, Treadwell and Sutton couldn't be further apart
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am
Valhalla wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 am

Athletically, Treadwell and Sutton couldn't be further apart
I meant to reference him because of Treadwell's non existent production and similar height, I know Sutton has better athletic measurables but most people will agree that he is a very raw prospect and needs time to develop. I'm just saying we could be wondering where Sutton is 2 years from now. I'd rather take my chances on to WR I mentioned above but I'd definitely take a shot on sutton around the 2.03-2.06 range.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 am

I'd rather draft Hamilton 2 rounds later and then buy Sutton from a frustrated owner at the end of next year for a late 2nd.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 am I'd rather draft Hamilton 2 rounds later and then buy Sutton from a frustrated owner at the end of next year for a late 2nd.
I'm in agreement with the Hamilton take. The problem with the buy-low window for Sutton is that DT is owed a ton in 19 that Denver can get out from if/when they cut him. That alone will sustain Sutton's value regardless of his 18 production.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 am

Are any Demaryius owners manuveuring to get Sutton onto their bench? That’s a nice torch passing to have locked down IMO.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:34 am

jordanzs wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 am Are any Demaryius owners manuveuring to get Sutton onto their bench? That’s a nice torch passing to have locked down IMO.
I tested the waters, for team 2, but I'm not gonna be desperate for him. I'm not sold on his talent, and so I won't just assume he'll be a top-18 WR in the next 2 years.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:05 am

I think he is the most proto typical WR 1 in this draft. I think that Ridley will have a better year 1, and if you need immediate production and don't care about the long term then Ridley is the choice here. Granted he won't likely be available late in drafts. I've been noticing a trend the last 2 years in rookie drafts in that it seems to be more focused on who can help me now, versus building for the future. It seems like a redraft mindset than a dynasty mindset. Each players situation is going to be different, but when I look at Sutton, he should have a large role in 2019 and then be the man in 2020. I don't expect Ridley will ever be the man in Atlanta
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:53 am

jordanzs wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 am Are any Demaryius owners manuveuring to get Sutton onto their bench? That’s a nice torch passing to have locked down IMO.
As a Demaryius owner I did try to move into the late first to get him but I also chose Gallup over him with my other acquired 1st round pick.

I like Sutton just fine as a long term #1 WR and rate him top 3 or 4 in this class with a 1st round draft grade.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts