Sony Michel vs Royce Freeman

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which RB?

Sony Michel
68%
Royce Freeman
32%

Total votes: 53

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sony Michel vs Royce Freeman

Postby Titans95 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:23 pm
MucBuc wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 pm Michel for me too. Playing in a comittee doesn't mean a player can't put up decent numbers, just look at the Saints RBs last year. Kamara was downgraded because of the other RBs on the roster, and it turned out just fine. Michel is not exactly Kamara, but I could see the Patriots use him in similar ways.
Last year was a historic anomaly. You never see 2 backs on the same team finish as RB1s. It was a total freak event of a year.

I agree with you on Michel over Freeman, and I even think it's possible that Michel has similar talents to Kamara - but to say "if he's in a committee he'll be fine" is whistling past the graveyard. If Michel only gets 50% of the workload in NE, he will not be someone you ever want to start on a weekly basis.
The difference in NE is James white and Burkhead aren't going to be in the RB1 conversation, burkhead may surprise and be a mid/backend RB2 but the competition in NE is overblown for Michel, the dude needs touches similar to Devonta freeman...190-200 carries and 40 receptions and he'll be an RB1