Jordan Wilkins is Melvin Gordon Lite

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jordan Wilkins is Melvin Gordon Lite

Postby HughHoney » Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:37 am
GLSmk wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm reports are that Mack has been packing on some muscle and is the favorite to lead a committee. Obviously a RBBC isn't ideal for fantasy purposes, while trying to nail down a starter, but I fully expect Mack to run away with the lead back role. I do own Mack, several places (almost everywhere) but his talent is legit, and with a better O-line this year, I fully expect him to improve on his 3.9 YPC.
My prediction: 235 carries for 1,035 yards (4.4 ypc) 8 TDs; and 48 receptions for 533 yards 4 TDs(11.1 YPR). So, 1,568 yards on 283 touches and 12 TDs total.

Basically right behind what Fournette did running this year and what CMC did receiving this year. (a slightly better Melvin Gordon... (I fully admit I'm being optimistic about this)
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're out to lunch if you think any Colts rb will put up those numbers
Lol...agree. Even if Mack gets the lead role there’s little chance he will be that involved in the passing game when they have a good receiving back like Hines that is more explosive and good in pass protection too. Mack averaging over 11 ypr on almost 50 catches is absurd.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm

GLSmk wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm reports are that Mack has been packing on some muscle and is the favorite to lead a committee. Obviously a RBBC isn't ideal for fantasy purposes, while trying to nail down a starter, but I fully expect Mack to run away with the lead back role. I do own Mack, several places (almost everywhere) but his talent is legit, and with a better O-line this year, I fully expect him to improve on his 3.9 YPC.
My prediction: 235 carries for 1,035 yards (4.4 ypc) 8 TDs; and 48 receptions for 533 yards 4 TDs(11.1 YPR). So, 1,568 yards on 283 touches and 12 TDs total.

Basically right behind what Fournette did running this year and what CMC did receiving this year. (a slightly better Melvin Gordon... (I fully admit I'm being optimistic about this)
Curious where you saw these reports. I’ve looked and haven’t been able to find anything on Mack. Is it just talk radio, etc or something where you can share a link?

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm

HughHoney wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're out to lunch if you think any Colts rb will put up those numbers
Lol...agree. Even if Mack gets the lead role there’s little chance he will be that involved in the passing game when they have a good receiving back like Hines that is more explosive and good in pass protection too. Mack averaging over 11 ypr on almost 50 catches is absurd.
Why? He averaged 10.7 on 21 last season. It could definitely be done.

The article about him adding weight I guess was that he's trying to. Just click on his mfl page and go back like 60 days for news links
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 pm

GLSmk wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm
HughHoney wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Why? He averaged 10.7 on 21 last season. It could definitely be done.

The article about him adding weight I guess was that he's trying to. Just click on his mfl page and go back like 60 days for news links
Because the only RB that has 40+ receptions and had over 11 Yards per reception was Gurley. Guys like CMC Kamara Freeman Bell dont even have that kind of efficiency. Increasing touches and increasing efficiency at the same time is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment during the year. Even if Mack magically comes out of training camp as a true bellcow back and completely dominates the touches you are really saying you expect him to be a top 5 RB next year? because that statline puts him right in line with Melvin Gordon's Production from last year.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 am

I actually do see a top 10 RB talent, especially with an improved o-line
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Wed May 23, 2018 9:04 am

Here's Coach Rathman saying "you're not going to have a bell cow" on colts.com today:

“It means we’re going to play a lot of running backs, alright? You’re not going to have a bell cow, so to speak — a guy that’s going to carry the load. And we’ve got a lot of different styles, and I think any time you have a lot of different styles, you want to try to utilize that. So you run one of the players with a certain style, and you change it up the next series, and it keeps the defense on its toes. So that’s what we would anticipate doing.”

My read on that is that Wilkins will have ample opportunity to prove himself the better back (as will Mack, Hines and Turbin) but if one develops the "hot hand" teams often change plans when that happens go with what works best. If Wilkins really is as good as 13 says, he could well earn the bulk of the carries.

I also thought it interesting that he wants Hines to "pass block, just like everybody else."

His comments are, I think, most damaging for Mack (and Turbin) because they reflect little confidence that the known quantities can carry the load. That leaves room for the two newbies to impress and win the day.

Here's the link:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Coa ... 3538bae05b
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks for sharing GOTG.

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 pm

I really do love this time of year. I think it is a big mistake to use any of the "this guy revamped his diet.......that guy came into camp with 10 more pounds of muscle.....so and so decided that he was only going to drink water from glaciers" and trying to incorporate that information into how you evaluate a player. Sure they are interesting tidbits, but the only reason they make the reporting is because nothing significant is happening (besides Hunter Henry destroying his knee).

I saw something pretty interesting on rotoworld that was talking about a player recovering from ACL surgery. It said "so and so is ahead of schedule on his rehab"...and the analyst commentary was that "this time of year, if you aren't ahead of schedule, then you are behind."
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

petebusey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby petebusey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

(Rotoworld) Fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has mixed in with the Colts' first-team offense at minicamp.
Analysis: And he's getting reps with Andrew Luck, who returned to practice on Tuesday and is doing more on Wednesday. Beat writer George Bremer noted Wilkins caught a deep wheel route from Luck. Robert Turbin has gotten most of the first-team running back reps, but the Colts know what he brings to the table. Marlon Mack is rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Wilkins is a late-round fantasy sleeper.

(Article Link)
I'm too ashamed of any of my teams to post.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm

petebusey wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am (Rotoworld) Fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has mixed in with the Colts' first-team offense at minicamp.
Analysis: And he's getting reps with Andrew Luck, who returned to practice on Tuesday and is doing more on Wednesday. Beat writer George Bremer noted Wilkins caught a deep wheel route from Luck. Robert Turbin has gotten most of the first-team running back reps, but the Colts know what he brings to the table. Marlon Mack is rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Wilkins is a late-round fantasy sleeper.

(Article Link)
Hmmmm interesting....but Mack has the job locked down no competition at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:24 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm
The Showstopper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm Marlon Mack is this years Alvin Kamara...The new staff will use him much better, with Gore gone and Luck back...I believe in the talent I saw him flash last year when he got the chance...Wilkins is JAG, as is Turbin...Mack has a chance to be special...
What Alvin Kamara did last year was unprecedented....there isn't "this years Kamara" bececause no one will come close to that efficiency....also Mack had a 3.9 YPC that isn't even close to Kamara...I bet Wilkins has more touches by years end than Mack
X2
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm
petebusey wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am (Rotoworld) Fifth-round RB Jordan Wilkins has mixed in with the Colts' first-team offense at minicamp.

(Article Link)
Hmmmm interesting....but Mack has the job locked down no competition at all :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one has said that Mack had the job locked down. To be fair, Mack is recovering from shoulder surgery and not practicing. Obviously that's not ideal for Mack, but Wilkins is competing with Hines and Turbin for starter snaps in practice. If he wasnt getting some looks with the 1st team in that climate, it'd be already time to cut bait.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...