Jordan Wilkins is Melvin Gordon Lite

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jordan Wilkins is Melvin Gordon Lite

Postby jojo5151 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm
The Showstopper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm Marlon Mack is this years Alvin Kamara...The new staff will use him much better, with Gore gone and Luck back...I believe in the talent I saw him flash last year when he got the chance...Wilkins is JAG, as is Turbin...Mack has a chance to be special...
What Alvin Kamara did last year was unprecedented....there isn't "this years Kamara" bececause no one will come close to that efficiency....also Mack had a 3.9 YPC that isn't even close to Kamara...I bet Wilkins has more touches by years end than Mack
I bet your wrong
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles

The Showstopper
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Showstopper » Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm

I’m not saying Mack will do all the things that Kamara did, just that he will break out and be much better then most people think...As for Wilkins, I admit I don’t know a ton about him...But there’s a reason you got him in the 5th round of a rookie draft...If your right about him I give you all the credit in the world, I just don’t see it happening...

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm

The Showstopper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm I’m not saying Mack will do all the things that Kamara did, just that he will break out and be much better then most people think...As for Wilkins, I admit I don’t know a ton about him...But there’s a reason you got him in the 5th round of a rookie draft...If your right about him I give you all the credit in the world, I just don’t see it happening...
this same argument that you use against Wilkins could be used against Mack...he was what...a late 2nd or early third round rookie pick last year?
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

The Showstopper
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Showstopper » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

The difference between a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick in a rookie draft is like night and day....LoL And I’ve seen Mack play well on an NFL field...With a bleep OL and a backup QB...

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue May 15, 2018 6:23 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm He will be the starter in Indy by season's end.
I respect the bold prediction.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:30 pm

The Showstopper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm The difference between a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick in a rookie draft is like night and day....LoL And I’ve seen Mack play well on an NFL field...With a bleep OL and a backup QB...
His stats beg to differ. Not hating on Mack but people anointing him as the starter are the people that own him and are praying for it. Its going to be a camp battle for how that position plays out in Indy, Mack may win but I'd put my money on Wilkins. Either way by no means is mack the guaranteed starter and whoever does win the starting gig will not be a workhorse back, it'll be a RBBC with Hines in town.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 pm

The Showstopper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 pm Marlon Mack is this years Alvin Kamara...The new staff will use him much better, with Gore gone and Luck back...I believe in the talent I saw him flash last year when he got the chance...Wilkins is JAG, as is Turbin...Mack has a chance to be special...
The player that could fill that role is Hines. Good receiver and explosive enough to take any play to the house. Despite being smaller runs well inside with good yards after contact. He’ll be on the field a lot and will get more early down carries than people expect. Think he will have a Kamara-like role with good but not Kamara-like results. Should lead the Colts RBs in fantasy points though. Good in pass protection and will probably line up in the slot some too.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 am

Don't know what games people are watching but I'm yet to see Mack play well in the NFL, I don't believe Wilkins will break any records but if Mack is his only obstacle then he's got a decent chance.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm
What Alvin Kamara did last year was unprecedented....there isn't "this years Kamara" bececause no one will come close to that efficiency....also Mack had a 3.9 YPC that isn't even close to Kamara...
Not to mention Hines taking away passing game touches.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 am

Picked up Wilkins in BBFA following our 3 round rookie draft. Still think Hines is the back to own but feel pretty good about having the Hines/Wilkins combo.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 am

jojo5151 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:25 am
jtd1387 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:11 am Honest question: is Melvin Gordon light a good thing? Gordon strikes me as someone with the requisite skills to carry the load, but no exceptional skills. A light version of that might be David Cobb.
Gordon's a stud don't over think it
You guys misunderstand me. Gordon's a good back, but the type of back where a "poor man's version" moves him from above requisite level of talent to below it. Not saying anything negative about Gordon.
Titans95 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:30 pm Not hating on Mack but people anointing him as the starter are the people that own him and are praying for it.
I don't own Mack anywhere, and I'm pretty sure he's the best back in Indy. "People only say _____ because they own _____" is literally my least favorite type of post. It seems lazy and adds nothing. Why dismiss an argument over what you are assuming is their motive?
Last edited by ColdZealDonkeyStrike on Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:27 am Traded back from pick 4.05 for 5.05 and 2019 3rd and 4th AND STILL GOT HIM! I can't believe a got a possible starting runningback in the 5th round of rookie drafts
At that price I'll take Wilkins every draft! He's been late 2nd or early 3rd in my 2 rookie drafts so far. I'd rather have a receiver or QB in that range.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 pm

It's shocking to say, but the Colts could possess one of the best offensive lines for many years. They've used the draft to invest heavily into that interior. Many scouts and NFL executives have made Quenton Nelson out to be the surest thing in the 2018 draft and a potential HOF guard. Ryan Kelly had some poor luck with injuries last year after a promising rookie season in '16. Hopefully him and Luck will play all 16. And Braden Smith is another highly invested pick that will start right away at guard.

If this line lives up to 75% of its hype, being a Colts RB could be a dream job.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm

reports are that Mack has been packing on some muscle and is the favorite to lead a committee. Obviously a RBBC isn't ideal for fantasy purposes, while trying to nail down a starter, but I fully expect Mack to run away with the lead back role. I do own Mack, several places (almost everywhere) but his talent is legit, and with a better O-line this year, I fully expect him to improve on his 3.9 YPC.
My prediction: 235 carries for 1,035 yards (4.4 ypc) 8 TDs; and 48 receptions for 533 yards 4 TDs(11.1 YPR). So, 1,568 yards on 283 touches and 12 TDs total.

Basically right behind what Fournette did running this year and what CMC did receiving this year. (a slightly better Melvin Gordon... (I fully admit I'm being optimistic about this)
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:37 am

GLSmk wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm reports are that Mack has been packing on some muscle and is the favorite to lead a committee. Obviously a RBBC isn't ideal for fantasy purposes, while trying to nail down a starter, but I fully expect Mack to run away with the lead back role. I do own Mack, several places (almost everywhere) but his talent is legit, and with a better O-line this year, I fully expect him to improve on his 3.9 YPC.
My prediction: 235 carries for 1,035 yards (4.4 ypc) 8 TDs; and 48 receptions for 533 yards 4 TDs(11.1 YPR). So, 1,568 yards on 283 touches and 12 TDs total.

Basically right behind what Fournette did running this year and what CMC did receiving this year. (a slightly better Melvin Gordon... (I fully admit I'm being optimistic about this)
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're out to lunch if you think any Colts rb will put up those numbers