Hunt vs Fournette

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Hunt vs Fournette

Hunt
38%
Fournette
63%

Total votes: 32

rhodyrams
Rookie
Rookie

Hunt vs Fournette

Postby rhodyrams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 am

Have both these guys on my roster, just wondering who others value higher longterm.
Team 1: 12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Murray, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jacobs,Hunt, D. Harris, D. Henderson
WR: D. Adams, Hopkins, Thielen, , n Davis, Crowder, M. Jones, Beasley, D. Jax
TE: Kittle

Team 2 12 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST
QB: Brady, Prescott, Winston
RB: Drake, K. Johnson,K. Ballage, CJ Anderson
WR: OBJ, Evans, Golladay, Woods, Edelman, deebo, isabella Parker
TE: Kittle, goedart
DST: MIN

Team 3 12 team .5 ppr
Qb: Winston, Darnold, Brady,
RB: A. Jones, Kerryon, Hunt, D. Lewis, Darwin Thompson, McCoy, Richard, J. Wilson
WR: AJ Brown, J. Washington, Andy Isabella, JJAW, Stills, Crowder, Dorsett, MVS, Wilson., Watson, Conley
TE: Higbee, Irv smith, Walker

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Hunt vs Fournette

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am

Complete push for me. I assume you will see most people say "LF's injury concern scares me" which, is fine (even though I do not subscribe to that thought). This will be completely based on personal preference and you really cant go wrong with either imo.

rhodyrams
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rhodyrams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:45 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am Complete push for me. I assume you will see most people say "LF's injury concern scares me" which, is fine (even though I do not subscribe to that thought). This will be completely based on personal preference and you really cant go wrong with either imo.
Yeah thats what I have been reading that with LF chronic ankle issues he could miss 2-3 games a year.
Team 1: 12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Murray, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jacobs,Hunt, D. Harris, D. Henderson
WR: D. Adams, Hopkins, Thielen, , n Davis, Crowder, M. Jones, Beasley, D. Jax
TE: Kittle

Team 2 12 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST
QB: Brady, Prescott, Winston
RB: Drake, K. Johnson,K. Ballage, CJ Anderson
WR: OBJ, Evans, Golladay, Woods, Edelman, deebo, isabella Parker
TE: Kittle, goedart

Team 3 12 team .5 ppr
Qb: Winston, Darnold, Brady,
RB: A. Jones, Kerryon, Hunt, D. Lewis, Darwin Thompson, McCoy, Richard, J. Wilson
WR: AJ Brown, J. Washington, Andy Isabella, JJAW, Stills, Crowder, Dorsett, MVS, Wilson., Watson, Conley
TE: Higbee, Irv smith, Walker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Don't really see how this is even a debate. Hunt produced more than Fournette, was more efficient than Fournette, is on the better offense as a whole than Fournette, and has no injury concerns like Fournette. People care about draft stock wayyy too long into valuations.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 pm Don't really see how this is even a debate. Hunt produced more than Fournette, was more efficient than Fournette, is on the better offense as a whole than Fournette, and has no injury concerns like Fournette. People care about draft stock wayyy too long into valuations.
This will have nothing to do with draft stock. LF did not have a bad year...I believe he was the #8ish fantasy RB (depending on league settings) and Hunt was around the #4ish. So yes, Hunt outproduced him but also played all 16 games where I think LF missed 2 or 3 games. I do probably lean Hunt, but, you wont find people adding significant pieces to the LF side to obtain Hunt...which is why I feel this is fairly even. I also really like that JAX added Norwell and are still trying to upgrade their oline.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:01 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 pm Don't really see how this is even a debate. Hunt produced more than Fournette, was more efficient than Fournette, is on the better offense as a whole than Fournette, and has no injury concerns like Fournette. People care about draft stock wayyy too long into valuations.
This will have nothing to do with draft stock. LF did not have a bad year...I believe he was the #8ish fantasy RB (depending on league settings) and Hunt was around the #4ish. So yes, Hunt outproduced him but also played all 16 games where I think LF missed 2 or 3 games. I do probably lean Hunt, but, you wont find people adding significant pieces to the LF side to obtain Hunt...which is why I feel this is fairly even. I also really like that JAX added Norwell and are still trying to upgrade their oline.
I agree I don't see the LF owner would give much more added to get Hunt but if I was a Hunt owner I would want more for a LF trade. I think their PPG was only 1 point difference but Fournette really wasn't very efficient and he does have injury concerns. I can't imagine many startups that have Fournette going ahead of Hunt.

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm

I only agree with your first sentence. Hunt came into the year and lit the world on fire and then died down. Ware was a more than suitable player that's coming back to take touches. Ried's offenses have a history of starting hot and then cooling down so I don't think anyone should be expecting Hunt to produce the way he did the first 6 weeks or so over the course of a season. They're bringing in a rookie QB with terrible footwork so teams can stack the box more. Fournette *was* the gameplan last year and dominated regardless. Give me Fournette all day.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm

usgojoox wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm
I only agree with your first sentence. Hunt came into the year and lit the world on fire and then died down. Ware was a more than suitable player that's coming back to take touches. Ried's offenses have a history of starting hot and then cooling down so I don't think anyone should be expecting Hunt to produce the way he did the first 6 weeks or so over the course of a season. They're bringing in a rookie QB with terrible footwork so teams can stack the box more. Fournette *was* the gameplan last year and dominated regardless. Give me Fournette all day.
25-116, 3-22, 1 TD
24-155, 7-51, 2 TD
29-91, 4-15, 1 TD

That was Hunt's final three games so while he "died down" a bit in the middle of the year when KC got away from him, he bounced right back when they gave him steady work again.

Also as a Fournette owner myself I wouldn't really say he "dominated" last year. He was above 4ypc in only three games the entire year, which is quite bad. I watched all the Jags games last year and outside of two really long runs it was mostly him just running into a brick wall for 2 yards and a cloud of dust all year. I know I know when it comes to taking runs out, but without those two long runs he averaged a paultry 3.2ypc.

I was huge on Fournette coming into the league and traded up to draft him in all but one of my leagues, and I still like him a lot, but "dominated" is certainly not a word I would use to describe his rookie year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm
usgojoox wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm
25-116, 3-22, 1 TD
24-155, 7-51, 2 TD
29-91, 4-15, 1 TD

That was Hunt's final three games so while he "died down" a bit in the middle of the year when KC got away from him, he bounced right back when they gave him steady work again.

Also as a Fournette owner myself I wouldn't really say he "dominated" last year. He was above 4ypc in only three games the entire year, which is quite bad. I watched all the Jags games last year and outside of two really long runs it was mostly him just running into a brick wall for 2 yards and a cloud of dust all year. I know I know when it comes to taking runs out, but without those two long runs he averaged a paultry 3.2ypc.

I was huge on Fournette coming into the league and traded up to draft him in all but one of my leagues, and I still like him a lot, but "dominated" is certainly not a word I would use to describe his rookie year.
Explained my thoughts exactly. Reid moved away from hunt and they lost 5 games in a row, they give him 20 or more carries and the immediately start winning again. Hunt started and finished strong, yes he had a weak middle but I don't think he showed any sign of not being capable of producing similar or even better results this year.

Chuck_The_Deuce
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chuck_The_Deuce » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Im not really a huge Fournette fan but I would take Fournette here. I just think that offense is going to rely on him a lot more than KC will with Hunt. Ankle issue does worry me a little, but I think he has just as much of a chance at staying healthy as Hunt has.
14 team TE premium PPR 53 man rosters
QB: Dak, Mariota, Haskins, Flacco, Bridge
RB: Dalvin, Kerryon, Damian Williams, Hines, Burkhead, Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington
WR: JuJj, Cooper, DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, J Matt, Demarcus Robinson, Carroo
TE: Hunter, O.j., Demetrius Harris
K: Vinatieri
DL: Donald, Aikem, Golden, Graham, Lawson, Vernon
LB: Deion, Jaylon Smith, Hitchens, Avery Williamson, Fred Warner, Jatavis Brown, Bradham, Preston Brown, Josh Bynes, Tahir Whitehead, Shaq Thompson, Shaun Dion, Markus Golden, Josey Jewell, O'Daniel, Perryman, Onwuasor, Van Noy, Vince Williams
DB: Reshad Jones, Darby

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 am

Chuck_The_Deuce wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm Im not really a huge Fournette fan but I would take Fournette here. I just think that offense is going to rely on him a lot more than KC will with Hunt. Ankle issue does worry me a little, but I think he has just as much of a chance at staying healthy as Hunt has.
How does a specific chronic injury from fournette worry you but no specific injury history from hunt make them have equal chances of playing 16 games?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 am

I prefer Hunt because I think he's a more complete back and I'm not sold Fournette will ever have a completely healthy season.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:30 am

It's a complete toss-up for me.

Fournette's chronic ankle problems worry me about as much as Hunt playing for Andy "How do I use a RB?" Reid does. Both are legit RBs with legit concerns.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am

usgojoox wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm Hunt came into the year and lit the world on fire and then died down. Ware was a more than suitable player that's coming back to take touches. Ried's offenses have a history of starting hot and then cooling down so I don't think anyone should be expecting Hunt to produce the way he did the first 6 weeks or so over the course of a season.
This false narrative has been addressed many times this off season regarding Hunt and yet this same idea continues to rear its ugly head.

Over a period of several weeks, Reid opted to reduce Hunt's touches considerably - most notably in the first half - for no reason at all. It had nothing to do with Hunt and then we saw the results of such stupidity as KC lost 6 out of 7 games. Then at the end of the season he started giving him his touches back and amazingly the Chiefs started winning again. Not only do I expect Hunt to play as well as he did last season, I'm expecting improved numbers at season's end.

As to Spencer Ware, he's not a threat any more than any other backup RB.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:51 am

skip wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am
usgojoox wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm Hunt came into the year and lit the world on fire and then died down. Ware was a more than suitable player that's coming back to take touches. Ried's offenses have a history of starting hot and then cooling down so I don't think anyone should be expecting Hunt to produce the way he did the first 6 weeks or so over the course of a season.
This false narrative has been addressed many times this off season regarding Hunt and yet this same idea continues to rear its ugly head.

Over a period of several weeks, Reid opted to reduce Hunt's touches considerably - most notably in the first half - for no reason at all. It had nothing to do with Hunt and then we saw the results of such stupidity as KC lost 6 out of 7 games. Then at the end of the season he started giving him his touches back and amazingly the Chiefs started winning again. Not only do I expect Hunt to play as well as he did last season, I'm expecting improved numbers at season's end.

As to Spencer Ware, he's not a threat any more than any other backup RB.
x2

Why take away touches from your back that just handled 272 carries like a champ and led the league in rush yards and give them to a guy who just one season removed couldnt crack 1,000 yards and the team felt the need to trade up and get a RB....people find the craziest reasons for regression