Allen Robinson vs. Stefon Diggs vs. Corey Davis

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Stefon Diggs, Corey Davis, or Allen Robinson?

Allen Robinson
38%
Stefon Diggs
35%
Corey Davis
27%

Total votes: 48

Jaysof
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Allen Robinson vs. Stefon Diggs vs. Corey Davis

Postby Jaysof » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:47 am

Young WRs going in the third round of startup superflex drafts. Robinson transitions to Chicago where his fantasy value is relatively unknown, Diggs has been productive in Minnesota when healthy, and Davis was a top five pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, but a lingering injury kept him from producing last year. Who you got, and why?
1R Dynasty - QB/RB/WR/TE/SUPERFLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX (startup in progress):

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Baker Mayfield
RB: Rashaad Penny, Nyheim Hines
WR: Keenan Allen, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Jamison Crowder, Tyler Lockett, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan, Anthony Miller
TE: Travis Kelce, Mike Gesicki, Jack Doyle

Picks: 13.05, 13.06, 13.09, 14.03, 16.03, etc.

QB scoring: 1 point/20 yards, 0.5 per completion, -0.5 per incompletion, 6/-4 TD/INT, 0.2 per first down
RB: 0.5 points per first down, PPR
WR: 1 point per first down, PPR
TE: 1.5 PPR, 1.5 points per first down
0.1 points per return yard

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Allen Robinson vs. Stefon Diggs vs. Corey Davis

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:27 pm

Personally I like Davis better but they all 3 ooze top 5 potential but all 3 have a lot of question marks. I think its preference.

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:18 pm

I'll take Diggs. He may have injury concerns but I'll roll the dice with that because I feel confident in his routes and hands. ARob I'm not coninved can do well when his team isn't always running a negative game script, and I haven't really seen anything to like from Davis in the NFL outside of the playoff game.

Mkh3225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mkh3225 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Damn idk? Flip a coin? Really is a lot to like about these 3 but yes they definitely all have their questions marks and injury concerns. I think they're all going to be good so I don't really see any as "bust" risk.
80's TV Shows Dynasty: Hill Street Blues
2016 League Champs
12 team, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 24 man
QB: Luck, Rivers
RB: Shady, M Gordon, Aa Jones, Ty Montgomery, Prosise, K Dixon
WR: Julio, Adams, Hilton, J Gordon, DJ Moore, J Brown, K White, Richardson, Trent Taylor, Tyr Williams
TE: Gronk, Reed, Olsen, Jonnu, Gesicki
D/ST: N/A
K: Tucker

Turf Wars Dynasty League: Hawkins Demogorgons
12-team: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF (full ppr) 28 man
QB- Luck Goff
RB- J Howard Guice Penny Carson Burkhead Bernard Edmonds
WR- Cooper Allen Watkins Fuller A Miller R. Matthews Tyr Williams Lockett Kearse Grant Allison Butler Lasley
TE- Gronk OJ Howard Fumagalli
D/ST- PIT

Marvel Legends: Captain America
12 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K (full ppr) 25 man, 2 Taxi
QB: Winston Trubisky
RB: Guice R Freeman D Foreman Abdullah Aa Jones Montgomery Prosise Dixon
WR: C Davis DJ Moore DJ Chark Callaway Lockett K White Henderson Hollins Darboh
TE: Henry Everett ASJ M Andrews
D/ST: CAR
K: Succop

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Robinson/Diggs
Davis is third.

DBass218
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DBass218 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:54 am

I'm a recent acquirer of Diggs so I'm not a huge bias guy at this point. I am going to give an objective opinion of what I've seen out of each of these dudes:

ARob:
What I've seen: Watching ARob from his years in the B1G, I always saw a big body WR that was smooth and could win contests with a great catch point. What I liked about him when the Jags stunk was that he would get plenty of garbage time targets and fantasy points. The good thing about fantasy is points are points. I believe he would have been a disappointment last year in that offense due to their continuous pounding of the rock. He has a chance to bond with Mitch to be his go to #1 in what I expect to be a much higher paced offense. Knee is still scary but he's no different than any other WR that has come back from a serious surgery (Julio/Keenan/OBJ) in this regards.

Diggs
What I've seen: Watching Diggs in the B1G, he was often overlooked because of how awful the Maryland offense was in terms of QB play. He was electric in the return game but never really was able to showcase his diversity as a WR. As a rookie, I was impressed with the crisp routes he ran and saw the potential to be a huge play WR in the league. I fear he'll never play 16 games, but I see him hitting on big plays with Kirk.

Davis
Watching Corey at WMU was like watching an NFL player play against MAC players. Watching him as a rookie, I saw nothing of the sort (likely due to his lingering injuries as a rook) until the playoff game when he appeared to be the only thing the Titans had. I'm not ready to call his rookie year a bust but I'm also not ready to say he's going to be a top tier WR in the league. I expect him to return to college success form this year but if another soft tissue lower body injury lingers, there may be something to be worried about.

That said about all 3-- I really think it comes down to preference. As a Diggs owner, it's easy for me to side with him.... but I imagine it's just as easy to side with the others.
50 roster 8 taxi squad 10 team PPR (1pt) IDP (2pt tack/1 pt ast) Best Ball Dynasty
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR/TE Flex, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB
QB: Carson Wentz, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins
RB: Devonta Freeman, Derrius Guice, Ito Smith, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard, Ryquell Armstead, JD McKissic, James Robinson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Terry McLaurin, Courtland Sutton, Golden Tate, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Steven Sims, Dede Westbrook
TE: Greg Olsen, Hunter Henry, Evan Engram, Dan Arnold
DL: D. Hunter, J. Allen, D. Barnett, C. Jones, C. Young, J. Epenesa
LB: Deion Jones, Fred Warner, Von Miller, Myles Jack, Anthony Barr, Kyzir White, Blake Cashman, Jayon Brown, DeVondre Campbell, Kiko, Jatavis, SDH, Hightower
DB: J.Simmons, J. Reid, V. Bell, J Tartt, Jalen Thompson, Marcus Williams, Shawn Williams, K. Willis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 am

Not a huge AROB fan but got to go with him due to targets. He's the only one out of these 3 that I see commanding a target share worthy of a WR1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 am

DBass218 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:54 am I'm a recent acquirer of Diggs so I'm not a huge bias guy at this point. I am going to give an objective opinion of what I've seen out of each of these dudes:

ARob:
What I've seen: Watching ARob from his years in the B1G, I always saw a big body WR that was smooth and could win contests with a great catch point. What I liked about him when the Jags stunk was that he would get plenty of garbage time targets and fantasy points. The good thing about fantasy is points are points. I believe he would have been a disappointment last year in that offense due to their continuous pounding of the rock. He has a chance to bond with Mitch to be his go to #1 in what I expect to be a much higher paced offense. Knee is still scary but he's no different than any other WR that has come back from a serious surgery (Julio/Keenan/OBJ) in this regards.

Diggs
What I've seen: Watching Diggs in the B1G, he was often overlooked because of how awful the Maryland offense was in terms of QB play. He was electric in the return game but never really was able to showcase his diversity as a WR. As a rookie, I was impressed with the crisp routes he ran and saw the potential to be a huge play WR in the league. I fear he'll never play 16 games, but I see him hitting on big plays with Kirk.

Davis
Watching Corey at WMU was like watching an NFL player play against MAC players. Watching him as a rookie, I saw nothing of the sort (likely due to his lingering injuries as a rook) until the playoff game when he appeared to be the only thing the Titans had. I'm not ready to call his rookie year a bust but I'm also not ready to say he's going to be a top tier WR in the league. I expect him to return to college success form this year but if another soft tissue lower body injury lingers, there may be something to be worried about.

That said about all 3-- I really think it comes down to preference. As a Diggs owner, it's easy for me to side with him.... but I imagine it's just as easy to side with the others.
I think all of that is very fair. I'd pick CD so I'll admit im a bit biased upfront. One thing I watched from Davis's rookie tape was that you could tell Mariota and him were off sync. I saw 4-5 deep throws where Davis was capable of making the catch but Mariota just overthrew him. I think a lot of that came from the poor offense that the Titans ran last year and I also think that as a rookie coming into the NFL and missing ALL of training camp and preseason really makes it near impossible to get a rapport going with your QB and help you acclimate to the NFL. coming from MAC conference in college to not having any practice to adjust to the NFL speed at all and be able to do what Davis did was impressive in my eyes. I expect a huge improvement in year 2. Barring injury of course.

Side note: If diggs can show he can stay healthy for 16 games I'd choose him in a heartbeat. Only person in the nfl that reminds me a little of AB

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 am Not a huge AROB fan but got to go with him due to targets. He's the only one out of these 3 that I see commanding a target share worthy of a WR1.
Corey Davis averaged 7.25 targets per game as a rookie and beyond Matthews there isn't any competition for that #1 spot on that team. Can't see how he's any less likely to see WR1 target volume as Arob. I think they both will see over 115 targets next year.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 am

I currently have Robinson and Davis on my team, and Diggs has made appearances on my roster as well.

I'm most excited about Davis. I know that playoff game was an isolated incident, but it's what owners had been expecting.

ARob's talent is enticing but chemistry with his new QB and coaching staff is an obvious question mark.

Diggs' consistently misses time while inconsistently putting up fantasy points and is my least favorite of the three.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:46 pm

DBass218 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:54 am I'm a recent acquirer of Diggs so I'm not a huge bias guy at this point. I am going to give an objective opinion of what I've seen out of each of these dudes:

ARob:

Diggs

Davis

This is a fantastic post.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert