Rashaad Penny

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Troyte83
Rookie
Rookie

Rashaad Penny

Postby Troyte83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 am

I've been doing a lot of research on this guy. I think he can be the suprise workhorse back of this class. His running style reminds me of more powerful Le'Veon Bell. May not have the receiving chops, but can easily be a 3 down back.

What are peoples thoughts on him?

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Re: Rashaad Penny

Postby Smoking Guns » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 am

I think landing spot may be as important for him as any of the other top say 7 RB's in this draft. I hold the 1.7 in a couple of drafts and if he is there would be someone I would consider strongly even over some of the top Wr.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Troyte83 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 am I've been doing a lot of research on this guy. I think he can be the suprise workhorse back of this class. His running style reminds me of more powerful Le'Veon Bell. May not have the receiving chops, but can easily be a 3 down back.

What are peoples thoughts on him?
I have him ranked 4th over Chubb. I don't this his playing style is comparable to Kareem Hunt but I think his value going into rookie drafts compared to how I think he'll perform is similar. I think he'll be the steal of this years class.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm very high on Penny, and am strongly contemplating taking him at the 1.4, but landing spot will be a big factor for me. I believe his receiving skills are better than what people think, he just never was asked to run many routes in the system he played in. I'm a believer!

Troyte83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Troyte83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm

bigcsr67 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 pm I'm very high on Penny, and am strongly contemplating taking him at the 1.4, but landing spot will be a big factor for me. I believe his receiving skills are better than what people think, he just never was asked to run many routes in the system he played in. I'm a believer!
I'm with you, I have the 1.4 also. The nfl draft will determine where he falls in the first, but if the landing spot is good he may be worth it.

xNiCkBx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby xNiCkBx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

I am trying to trade up to 1.05 hoping he will be there because I do not think he will slide to 1.09.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR

QBs - Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott
RBS - Nick Chubb, Devin Singletary, Giovani Bernard, Justin Jackson, Darrell Henderson
WRs - DeAndre Hopkins, T.Y. Hilton, DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, Zach Pascal, Russell Gage, Antonio Brown
TEs - Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, Delanie Walker
DST - Buffalo
K - Will Lutz

Team 2: 12 Team PPR IDP

QBs - Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Dwayne Haskins
RBs - Ezekiel Elliot, James Conner, Devin Singletary, Benny Snell, Zack Moss, Anthony McFarland, Bryce Love
WRs - Odell Beckham Jr, Stefon Diggs, Tyler Locket, Tyrell Williams, Breshard Perriman, Kenny Stills
TEs - Rob Gronkowski, Tyler Higbee, T.J. Hockenson
K - Justin Tucker
DE - Chase Young, Josh Allen, JJ Watt
LB - Darius Leonard, Tremaine Edmunds, Eric Kendricks
S - Von Bell, Johnathan Abram, Jeremy Chinn

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Penny was been steadlily sliding down my board .. Horrible in pass production and I feel his numbers were inflated in collage.. All world talent Donnel Pumphrey put up monster numbers of 1867, 1653 and 2133 yards rushing in that system not to mention Penny couldn’t beat him out of the job when they were teammates ..
It’s possible he’s a decent receiver but it won’t matter in the NFL if he can’t pick up a blitz .. Two down thumper at best but reeks of a workout warrior to me .. If I was faced with drafting him I’d be trading the rights to Penny for the best perceived 2019 #1..

This is one scouts view .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:32 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm Penny was been steadlily sliding down my board .. Horrible in pass production and I feel his numbers were inflated in collage.. All world talent Donnel Pumphrey put up monster numbers of 1867, 1653 and 2133 yards rushing in that system not to mention Penny couldn’t beat him out of the job when they were teammates ..
It’s possible he’s a decent receiver but it won’t matter in the NFL if he can’t pick up a blitz .. Two down thumper at best but reeks of a workout warrior to me .. If I was faced with drafting him I’d be trading the rights to Penny for the best perceived 2019 #1..

I think that's a fair conclusion after watching his tape. I think the Pumphrey thing concerns a lot of people but I think Penny is better built for the NFL. I also agree he has terrible pass protection and that may limit him at first in passing situation but very very few RB come out of college with good pass catching abilities. Many people probably don't realize this but Gurley was kept off the field on a lot of 3rd tons his rookie and sophomore year because of his poor pass protection as well. I think its something that can be learned over time. But again his ADP is around 1.06-1.09 so I don't think you'll be getting any player in that range without some question marks.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm

To be fair Pumphrey is about 40 pounds lighter...
I like penny as a two down guy that can develop into an3 down back. He looks pretty decent catching but his pass pro can use work. At 1.07 I'd be happy to take him
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:32 pm
TheEastWest wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm Penny was been steadlily sliding down my board .. Horrible in pass production and I feel his numbers were inflated in collage.. All world talent Donnel Pumphrey put up monster numbers of 1867, 1653 and 2133 yards rushing in that system not to mention Penny couldn’t beat him out of the job when they were teammates ..

I think that's a fair conclusion after watching his tape. I think the Pumphrey thing concerns a lot of people but I think Penny is better built for the NFL. I also agree he has terrible pass protection and that may limit him at first in passing situation but very very few RB come out of college with good pass catching abilities. Many people probably don't realize this but Gurley was kept off the field on a lot of 3rd tons his rookie and sophomore year because of his poor pass protection as well. I think its something that can be learned over time. But again his ADP is around 1.06-1.09 so I don't think you'll be getting any player in that range without some question marks.
Scout? Sound more like a Dynasty Players opinion. Who is giving up a first round pick in the NFL for the rights to Penny?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 pm

How many people posted they have Penny ranked #4.. You don’t think any of those owners would trade a future for a player they have ranked #4?
I traded pick #6 over a month ago for Big Ben and a 2019 1st .. All I’m saying is if somebody is thinking Penny at #4 I’d recommend they trade the pick for a lower tier teams 2019 ... Next year WR class is top heavy loaded .
I believe even pick #5 next year will be worth double what Penny’s value will be ..
I’ve made it clear I have zero interest in Penny but many others seem to be sky high on him thus in many leagues teams will jump to trade thier future during rookie fever time......
PS, Did you even read this forum and the love many owners have for Penny?
Standard 10 man
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Read your message a second time, Who is talking about the NFL draft?
I’m not .
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-