Mixon vs Henry

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who you got?

Mixon
81%
Henry
19%

Total votes: 58

hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Mixon vs Henry

Postby hoggball » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 am

Who will be the better back for the foreseeable future?
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Mixon vs Henry

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

I voted Henry, even though I know that is not a popular position. I think they are similarly talented and have similar backfield competition in Gio and Lewis, I think Henry is more talented as a runner, has shown more of an ability to be a workhorse, and is on what looks to be a better offense going forward.
Mixon is definitely a better receiver, but I don't think he is as good as Gio in that aspect, so I don't see that helping him as much as it could.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am I voted Henry, even though I know that is not a popular position. I think they are similarly talented and have similar backfield competition in Gio and Lewis, I think Henry is more talented as a runner, has shown more of an ability to be a workhorse, and is on what looks to be a better offense going forward.
Mixon is definitely a better receiver, but I don't think he is as good as Gio in that aspect, so I don't see that helping him as much as it could.
On the contrary I see Mixon being a better receiver than Gio. I don't see Henry catching much if any at all with Dion there. I think He'll get 60% of the carries and goal line work but without catches he's going to be a touchdown dependent back. I'd rather have my money on the guy who will get 70-90% of the carries and still catch more than half the back field receptions.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm

henry rather easily. i dont see what others see in mixon at all and ppl thinking hes gonna get 90% of the work are absolutely kidding themselves
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Before the signing of Lewis I would have said about even now I take Mixon

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Mixon and not close for me. Legit 3 down back. Big time committee for Titans now and frankly, Lewis may end up being better in fantasy than Henry.

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Prospector wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 pm Mixon and not close for me. Legit 3 down back. Big time committee for Titans now and frankly, Lewis may end up being better in fantasy than Henry.
Don't get me wrong, I like Mixon and am trying to buy him, but he split touches with Jeremy Hill and Gio last year. To say he's a legit 3 down back is a bit of an overstatement imo, even if it was mostly poor coaching. He's valued like he just put up an RB1 season with his other draft classmates.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:03 pm

roseyknee wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Prospector wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 pm Mixon and not close for me. Legit 3 down back. Big time committee for Titans now and frankly, Lewis may end up being better in fantasy than Henry.
Don't get me wrong, I like Mixon and am trying to buy him, but he split touches with Jeremy Hill and Gio last year. To say he's a legit 3 down back is a bit of an overstatement imo, even if it was mostly poor coaching. He's valued like he just put up an RB1 season with his other draft classmates.
Hill is gone and Gio has never been anything other than a change of pace back. OC already came out and said Mixon will be used like a bell cow next year. I know thats just coach talk but he has the skillset and is better than gio in every way. If he doesn't get close to 300 touches next year all of the coaches need to be fired.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 am

Voted Henry but not super confident in it. I like em both, but they both have enough risk markers to keep em just outside the top 10 in my book.

What I like about Henry, he was the better runner last year in Tennessee, and even with Lewis in town I think he's in line to get the bulk of the 360 carries that went to Murray/Henry last year. When Henry got at least 13 carries, they only lost one game, going 1-1 against Jacksonville. Im betting on the Titans giving him a nice workload this year, something like 200 carries, 900 yards, and sniffing double digits TDs. The risk is, of course, he will only catch 10 or so balls, and Lewis could eat into that rushing workload.

What I like about Mixon is, hes in that same talent pool as Cook, Kamara, Hunt, some were ranking him higher than those guys in terms of talent a year ago, some still are. The problem is, Gio is still there to take away catches and carries, and the deal breaker to me: the Bengals havent yet adressed their O line. I avoided every Bengal I could last year. Even AJ turned in a weaker stat line (3rd worst in his carreer, but those 2 that were lower, didnt start a full 16 games. Not a bad year but definitely weak). They give me some confidence that line will be better I'll change tunes.

Normally I'd take talent over situation, but my marks have the gap in talent much smaller than the gap in situation. Just as a snapshot, pff rankings have Tennesses oline 5th, and cinci's at 28th last year.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:24 pm

X2
I couldn’t have said it any better ..
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

few months ago i would of said henry, but i think id take a shot with mixon instead at the moment