Barkley vs Mixon

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Barkley vs Mixon

Postby Goddard » Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am

usgojoox wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:07 am
Goddard wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 am
usgojoox wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 am Mixon isn't anywhere near the talent Barkley is and he underperformed last year within his own backfield.
I wonder if you'll be saying the same thing about Barkley next year if he struggles behind that terrible line in NY.
If Barkley performs worse than Stewart or Gallman you can bet I'll be concerned. Mixon flat out did not look as good nor did he produce as well as Gio. I'm not saying the dude is a bust but he doesn't seem like he's going to be up there with Fournette/CMC/Kamara/Hunt in terms of production.
I like your avi, so I'll cut you some slack...but Stewart and Gallman are nowhere near as good as Gio. Also, this narrative that Gio outplayed Mixon is getting old and has been debunked many times. Making an argument like that tells me you're just looking at box scores.

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Fri May 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am
Goddard wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:25 am

I wonder if you'll be saying the same thing about Barkley next year if he struggles behind that terrible line in NY.
If Barkley performs worse than Stewart or Gallman you can bet I'll be concerned. Mixon flat out did not look as good nor did he produce as well as Gio. I'm not saying the dude is a bust but he doesn't seem like he's going to be up there with Fournette/CMC/Kamara/Hunt in terms of production.
I like your avi, so I'll cut you some slack...but Stewart and Gallman are nowhere near as good as Gio. Also, this narrative that Gio outplayed Mixon is getting old and has been debunked many times. Making an argument like that tells me you're just looking at box scores.
I'm with you in regards to Gio. I'm going off of Mixon based on three full games and highlight tapes from each week. I own him in a few leagues and the disappointment I have in my 2017 drafting skills is very real. He can still turn it around, he certainly has the physical profile to do so. But he's dropped for me. Last year I considered him around Fournette/CMC/Cook. Now I'm not so sure, plus Hunt and Kamara leaped him.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri May 04, 2018 1:56 pm

I have a hard time believing any one that owns Mixon would turn down a trade offer that would get them the 1.01 for Mixon straight up. I'm sure the response would be they would make the trade and flip the 1.01 for more but still...

1.01/Barkley > Mixon

Atlassteelz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Atlassteelz » Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 am

I watched Mixons tape. He is def physically gifted, but he reads holes about as good as me when I played football which isn’t very good. Barkley easy.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 am

usgojoox wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am

I'm with you in regards to Gio. I'm going off of Mixon based on three full games and highlight tapes from each week. I own him in a few leagues and the disappointment I have in my 2017 drafting skills is very real. He can still turn it around, he certainly has the physical profile to do so. But he's dropped for me. Last year I considered him around Fournette/CMC/Cook. Now I'm not so sure, plus Hunt and Kamara leaped him.
In his defense his YPC rose dramatically towards the end of the year as the team as a whole improved. Gio's stats are inflated because of minimal carries and got a decent workload right when the Bengals got some life on offense. RB's are so dependent on their teams O-line that sometimes its hard to fault bad performances. I remember not too long ago everyone was ready to write Gurley off saying how inefficient he was, many saying it was his fault just as much as the O-lines. I'm not saying Mixon is the next gurley but its hard to disagree that the Bengals had one of the worst O-lines in the NFL last year and they spent a 1st round pick and went at it in FA. I think Mixon is extremely talented and will turn it around.

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 pm I watched almost every single touch of his from last year. I feel more confident saying he is a future stud than any other player in the NFL (barring players who have already posted studly seasons of course). His talent is in the same realm as Bell. I do NOT say that lightly.
I am higher on Barkley (traded a small fortune to get that 1.01 pick) but also have been high on Mixon since a preseason game when watching him juke Josh Norman and leave the corner on his heels, and have liked what I've seen since. I traded Stefon Diggs to get Mixon (a fair trade with a team thirsty for WR talent). I think there is some recency bias causing unrealistic rookie RB expectations after the fast rookie starts these past two years of Kareem Hunt and Ezekiel Elliott, but those two are outliers, not the norm. RBs usually take more than a rookie season to hit their pro stride and that the Bengals let Jeremy Hill go tells us that the team at least believes in Mixon going forward. Like 13, I am optimistic and eager to see Mixon evolve beyond the expectations of many.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 am

I don't think the gap is as big as many people think.
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet