Hopkins or OBJ

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Hopkins or OBJ

Postby vixen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:02 pm

has Hopkins surpassed OBJ in the rankings?
i find it difficult to decide who is WR1 and who is WR2
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Hopkins or OBJ

Postby Titans95 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:23 pm

1A and 1B for me. Hopkins has finally found himself in an ideal situation after suffering terrible QB play for his whole career so I'm very curious to see how he produces in 2018.OBJ on the other hand is in a pretty bad situation unless the giants draft a home run QB but even with terrible QB play OBJ has been so consistent its insane. So you have to wonder if OBJ can find himself with a young stud QB what is his potential? I don't care what so ever about all the controversy surrounding OBJ and I don't think it will affect his production at all. for me I stay with OBJ who has never had a bad year in the nfl despite having a bad qb and a generally overall bad offense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 pm

I like OBJ's talent more, I think he has the ability to play at a high level for longer based on his better athleticism, but Hopkins does not have a personality disorder, so it's a coin toss, really.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:14 pm

OBJ's off the field stuff isn't something that particularly worries me. He's not addicted to anything. I'll take him over Hopkins easily given that OBJ has been elite every time he's been on the field for his entire career from day 1, whereas Hopkins has been a lot more up and down.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bucky15
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bucky15 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 pm

I like Hopkins but OBJ is still the king until he doesn't put up a 90/1300/10 line.
12 Team 20 Roster Spots & 5 IR 1/2 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Team 1
Mahomes, Stafford
A. Jones, Guice, RoJo, Hyde, Edwards, Gio, C. Thompson, Dixon, CJA, J. Jackson
MT, Diggs, Cooks, G. Tate, MVS, Smokey Brown, Goodwin
Ertz, Burton, Herndon

1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

12 Team 20 Roster Spots & 5 IR 1/2 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Team 2
Luck, Dalton
Kamara, Michel, D. Henry, T. Coleman, Brieda, Foreman, Dixon
OBJ, MT, JuJu, A-Rob, Kirk, D. Hamilton, Crowder, T Smith (NO)
Howard, Ebron, Rudolph

1.8, 2.8, 4.8
1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 pm I like OBJ's talent more, I think he has the ability to play at a high level for longer based on his better athleticism, but Hopkins does not have a personality disorder, so it's a coin toss, really.
Where has this professional diagnosis come from?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am

Rkerr8 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 pm I like OBJ's talent more, I think he has the ability to play at a high level for longer based on his better athleticism, but Hopkins does not have a personality disorder, so it's a coin toss, really.
I agree that it's not fair to "diagnose" someone without actually meeting them and assessing them (and having the proper license to do so), but it's pretty safe to say that OBJ has several symptoms of a personality disorder.

To answer the original question though, I still think OBJ is the better WR, but I'd be lying if I said some of the current stuff going on isn't worrying me a little. I had them pretty close before, and it's still close...but maybe a little closer now.

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:58 am

Assuming the NYG draft one of the top QB at 1.02 this year.. and assuming Odell gets his extension, I would be picking Odell over Hopkins if I were on the clock.
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:44 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am
I agree that it's not fair to "diagnose" someone without actually meeting them and assessing them (and having the proper license to do so), but it's pretty safe to say that OBJ has several symptoms of a personality disorder.

To answer the original question though, I still think OBJ is the better WR, but I'd be lying if I said some of the current stuff going on isn't worrying me a little. I had them pretty close before, and it's still close...but maybe a little closer now.
TO and Randy Moss were just as big of headaches as Odell is now and I don't think these "symptoms" ever affected their nfl production either so why is everyone freaking out? Its not like the guy has been suspended multiple times or is being arrested. The dude is 25 years old with millions of dollars, how many of us wouldn't be out enjoying ourselves in the off-season? The media loves to put these players under microscopes and blow stuff up and act like their nfl careers are in jeopardy for the drama.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Rkerr8 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:44 am TO and Randy Moss were just as big of headaches as Odell is now and I don't think these "symptoms" ever affected their nfl production either so why is everyone freaking out? Its not like the guy has been suspended multiple times or is being arrested. The dude is 25 years old with millions of dollars, how many of us wouldn't be out enjoying ourselves in the off-season? The media loves to put these players under microscopes and blow stuff up and act like their nfl careers are in jeopardy for the drama.
Never said it would affect his production, but if he does end up getting suspended or sits out for the year (which I admit is unlikely), then why wouldn't people knock him down a little in value. Also, I typically couldn't care less what my players do off the field, as long as they're producing on the field and not getting suspended, but there are plenty of people of refuse to own guys that they just don't like. Agree or disagree, that's their purgative and it plays a role in their valuations.

For what it's worth, there are lots of professional athletes with personality disorders and do just fine, but most people still see them as a risk.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Rkerr8 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:44 am
Goddard wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am

TO and Randy Moss were just as big of headaches as Odell is now and I don't think these "symptoms" ever affected their nfl production either so why is everyone freaking out? Its not like the guy has been suspended multiple times or is being arrested. The dude is 25 years old with millions of dollars, how many of us wouldn't be out enjoying ourselves in the off-season? The media loves to put these players under microscopes and blow stuff up and act like their nfl careers are in jeopardy for the drama.
I agree. I'd take OBJ, I just think he's got some issues upstairs. My "diagnosis" was obviously not professional, but come on, let's be real. He's got some issues between the ears. Maybe it gives him his edge, who knows? As you said, lots of guys have been like this before.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am

Its still OBJ easily, hes one of the best ever in the game. Still is, even with a bad QB.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF