Cook vs. Mixon vs. McCaffrey

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which running back would you trade away for WR1 value? (1.0 PPR)

Dalvin Cook
46%
Joe Mixon
32%
Christian McCaffrey
22%

Total votes: 59

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Cook vs. Mixon vs. McCaffrey

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:47 pm

I took over an orphan team and have been totally revamping it. See signature (Dynasty Giants) for updated squad. I have already traded away Chris Thompson and 1.11 for Christian McCaffrey. Then I traded away Zeke :roll: , Robby Anderson, Sanders, and Kyle Rudolph for Micheal Thomas, Dalvin Cook, David Njoku and pick 1.10.

I'm still looking to acquire youth WR1 like amari cooper, diggs, or tyreek hill caliber players. Which of the 3 RBs would you involve in a trade.

Mixon, C-Mac, or Dalvin. I'm in a bubble.. Maybe I should hang tight and try to move baldwin/pick for WR1?

Thanks Guys!
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Cook vs. Mixon vs. McCaffrey

Postby AussieMate » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 pm

I wouldn't trade any of them yet, I think their values will only go up this year and you'd be selling low

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Misread the question - okay, I didn't actually read the question - and voted for Cook. Subtract one vote from Cook and don't reassign it to anybody. I think you hold onto all three for now.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:23 pm

With how deep this RB class is, and already owning the 1.09 & 1.10. I feel like I could move one for a amari Cooper & 1st round pick (top 12). And find a replacement in the draft..

RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 pm

JJRules wrote:[/list]08724 time=1519678092 user_id=31451]
Misread the question - okay, I didn't actually read the question - and voted for Cook. Subtract one vote from Cook and don't reassign it to anybody. I think you hold onto all three for now.
Did the same thing. I would keep them in order: Cook, Mixon, McCaffrey

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 am

Disagree with most. I would keep Cook > Mixon. May sound crazy, but Mixon is on a dysfunctional team that just resigned their terrible HC. Furthermore, did you know that Mixon rushed for 80 or fewer yards 14/16 games last season when he essentially had the green light most of the year? That is my counter-argument to anyone that uses Cook's small body of work as a deterrent. With that said, if you own 1.9 and 1.10, you are much more likely to find value at WR than RB in Ridley and Washington (stretch, I know) than in later RB's. Miss out on Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, RoJo and IMO the drop off is kinda big there... and IMO you probably do miss out on those guys with 1.9 and 1.10. Keep all 3 backs, they will only increase in value. If you have to trade one, I say Mixon. CMC is far too valuable and reliable in PPR. Guy catches like a bazillion balls a game and comes from amazing pedigree.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 am

Like you said, try to move 1.9 or 10 for a guy like Landry or ARob, perfect buy low candidates and I'll take either one > those picks anyday. (not just saying that because I own them, I actually traded for both, Landry for a late first, A.Rob for a late 2nd and J. Crowder). You may also be able to get A. Cooper for one of the picks, but I'm personally lower than most on him and would rather have the pick.

You could get kinda crazy and see if you can package BOTH for either D. Adams or M. Thomas. I would be weary of the Packers drafting a WR high though.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am

hjernazian wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 am Disagree with most. I would keep Cook > Mixon. May sound crazy, but Mixon is on a dysfunctional team that just resigned their terrible HC. Furthermore, did you know that Mixon rushed for 80 or fewer yards 14/16 games last season when he essentially had the green light most of the year? That is my counter-argument to anyone that uses Cook's small body of work as a deterrent. With that said, if you own 1.9 and 1.10, you are much more likely to find value at WR than RB in Ridley and Washington (stretch, I know) than in later RB's. Miss out on Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, RoJo and IMO the drop off is kinda big there... and IMO you probably do miss out on those guys with 1.9 and 1.10. Keep all 3 backs, they will only increase in value. If you have to trade one, I say Mixon. CMC is far too valuable and reliable in PPR. Guy catches like a bazillion balls a game and comes from amazing pedigree.
You obviously weren't a Mixon owner. No, he did not have the green light until Hill got injured and even then Gio was heavily involved. Then just when Joe was ready to go he got a nagging injury. Not to mention Cincy had no line which made it hard to establish the run. Should get better, it HAS too be better than@the start of last year. Think Vikings situation from '16-'17

Mixon was impressive towards the end. We are projecting forward so you need to have a vision of where you think they're going to be.

That being said I agree with you. Keep all 3 RB's. Dalvin is questionable at this point whether he will be the same guy. Even if he is you can start all 3 and still have 2 good ones for bye week or injury insurance.

Doubt you'd get a Landry or A. Rob for the 1.09-1.10 . Personally it'd take both to get those guys as they have proven to be legit number one option in NFL. I'm not seeing any of the WR's as being that in the draft unless Sutton blows up the combine and shows above average hand skills catching the ball. Even in that case he won't be around @ 1.09

I'd sit tight and draft two WR's and hope for the best. Your Sig says the picks are for 2019.Then you mentioned they were for this year. Either way I'd keep them as next year should be a much better WR class.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am
hjernazian wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 am Disagree with most. I would keep Cook > Mixon. May sound crazy, but Mixon is on a dysfunctional team that just resigned their terrible HC. Furthermore, did you know that Mixon rushed for 80 or fewer yards 14/16 games last season when he essentially had the green light most of the year? That is my counter-argument to anyone that uses Cook's small body of work as a deterrent. With that said, if you own 1.9 and 1.10, you are much more likely to find value at WR than RB in Ridley and Washington (stretch, I know) than in later RB's. Miss out on Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, RoJo and IMO the drop off is kinda big there... and IMO you probably do miss out on those guys with 1.9 and 1.10. Keep all 3 backs, they will only increase in value. If you have to trade one, I say Mixon. CMC is far too valuable and reliable in PPR. Guy catches like a bazillion balls a game and comes from amazing pedigree.
You obviously weren't a Mixon owner. No, he did not have the green light until Hill got injured and even then Gio was heavily involved. Then just when Joe was ready to go he got a nagging injury. Not to mention Cincy had no line which made it hard to establish the run. Should get better, it HAS too be better than@the start of last year. Think Vikings situation from '16-'17

Mixon was impressive towards the end. We are projecting forward so you need to have a vision of where you think they're going to be.

That being said I agree with you. Keep all 3 RB's. Dalvin is questionable at this point whether he will be the same guy. Even if he is you can start all 3 and still have 2 good ones for bye week or injury insurance.

Doubt you'd get a Landry or A. Rob for the 1.09-1.10 . Personally it'd take both to get those guys as they have proven to be legit number one option in NFL. I'm not seeing any of the WR's as being that in the draft unless Sutton blows up the combine and shows above average hand skills catching the ball. Even in that case he won't be around @ 1.09

I'd sit tight and draft two WR's and hope for the best. Your Sig says the picks are for 2019.Then you mentioned they were for this year. Either way I'd keep them as next year should be a much better WR class.

I have to agree that C-Mac is the best of the 3 and off limits. His value is way higher then the rest and he has longevity on his side. He could easily be a solid slot rec later in his career. I have absolutely no interest in Landry, I've been trading all my shares of him while his stock his high. He is due to regress in the touchdown department. The dude may catch alot of passes but thats ALL he is.. hes not even in the Top 30 in YAC yards, and barely cracks the top 30 in Efficiency. I think he gets traded this year, and boom hes sammy watkins 2.0 without the ceiling.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:02 am

I'd personally be looking to trade CMC. He's talented as a pass catcher, but I hated what I saw in terms of running between the tackles. I'm not sure his value is ever higher than it is right now (I'm seeing him ranked as a top 20 to 15 asset)

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 am

ilangoneverdies wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:02 am I'd personally be looking to trade CMC. He's talented as a pass catcher, but I hated what I saw in terms of running between the tackles. I'm not sure his value is ever higher than it is right now (I'm seeing him ranked as a top 20 to 15 asset)

Yikes. Wish I was in a league with you, I'd trade you for him all day. He's #8 Dynasty Back in my rankings.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am

ilangoneverdies wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:02 am I'd personally be looking to trade CMC. He's talented as a pass catcher, but I hated what I saw in terms of running between the tackles. I'm not sure his value is ever higher than it is right now (I'm seeing him ranked as a top 20 to 15 asset)
lol just realized I know who you are! your in the 36 - 3 copy league i run!

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Dabbin' Benjamin' wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am
lol just realized I know who you are! your in the 36 - 3 copy league i run!
Now if only I owned CMC in that league, we could work something out. :think:

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Im with ya. He was forced fed a lot. Eventually they'll get a deeper WR group and add a power back that he'll lose some snaps too.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:23 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm
Im with ya. He was forced fed a lot. Eventually they'll get a deeper WR group and add a power back that he'll lose some snaps too.
I would have to disagree. I think CMC can only get better.Even if they get some WR help, its only going to open up short passing lanes for him to thrive in. He also has the highest ceiling and longevity. I personally think I'll stick with all 3 of them and ride it out a bit during the season before I make a trade involving one of them. The only trade I'm willing to take if I can get the owner to bite is..... Dalvin Cook & Doug Baldwin for Derrick Henry, Amari Cooper, and his 2018 2.01 pick.