Sammy Watkins POLL

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Watkins or Matt Ryan and Mack

Sammy Watkins
91%
Matt Ryan & Marlon Mack
9%

Total votes: 57

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Sammy Watkins POLL

Postby zelldawg26 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am

Someone wants Ryan and Mack and is willing to give up Watkins. I know Sammy has been terrible lately but what do you think? There has to be a resurgence on the way with his talent. I have the QBs to give up Ryan and is Mack really going to take that backfield next year, or do you think they'll add competition through FA or the draft? Who do you got?
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sammy Watkins POLL

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 am

This isn't close, unless it's redraft. Sammy easily.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am

zelldawg26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am Someone wants Ryan and Mack and is willing to give up Watkins. I know Sammy has been terrible lately but what do you think? There has to be a resurgence on the way with his talent. I have the QBs to give up Ryan and is Mack really going to take that backfield next year, or do you think they'll add competition through FA or the draft? Who do you got?
I actually like Mack and recently traded for him. However, I saw the decline in Ryan and traded him after he won his MVP last year. I also really, really like Sammy and have been getting insulting offers for him left and right, IMO selling him right now (whether he actualizes his potential or not) is still pennies on the dollar.

Let's not forget just how young Goff and this Rams team really is. Let's also not forget that a young team with a young QB can't simply adapt to a very talented WR like Sammy overnight - which is exactly what they were asked to do when Buffalo traded him in the preseason. No mini-camp, no preseason, no time to gel with Goff. The Rams also paid big bucks for him. If they simply don't use him, someone within the organization is going to lose their job. I don't think Sammy has the ceiling we all thought he did a few years back with the "if only he were healthy" statements, but this current floor is ridiculous. Whenever you see a player with such big disparity between games it's always a red flag, but the blow-ups and good games - to me anyway - are more of an indicator of things to come.

I think he will kill it next year, and even if he's just a WR3, I still do that trade. Very easily.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:41 am

hjernazian wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am
zelldawg26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am Someone wants Ryan and Mack and is willing to give up Watkins. I know Sammy has been terrible lately but what do you think? There has to be a resurgence on the way with his talent. I have the QBs to give up Ryan and is Mack really going to take that backfield next year, or do you think they'll add competition through FA or the draft? Who do you got?
I actually like Mack and recently traded for him. However, I saw the decline in Ryan and traded him after he won his MVP last year. I also really, really like Sammy and have been getting insulting offers for him left and right, IMO selling him right now (whether he actualizes his potential or not) is still pennies on the dollar.

Let's not forget just how young Goff and this Rams team really is. Let's also not forget that a young team with a young QB can't simply adapt to a very talented WR like Sammy overnight - which is exactly what they were asked to do when Buffalo traded him in the preseason. No mini-camp, no preseason, no time to gel with Goff. The Rams also paid big bucks for him. If they simply don't use him, someone within the organization is going to lose their job. I don't think Sammy has the ceiling we all thought he did a few years back with the "if only he were healthy" statements, but this current floor is ridiculous. Whenever you see a player with such big disparity between games it's always a red flag, but the blow-ups and good games - to me anyway - are more of an indicator of things to come.

I think he will kill it next year, and even if he's just a WR3, I still do that trade. Very easily.

Well said
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 pm

:whistle: g

Did you just say that someone within the Rams organization is going to lose their job due to under utilizing Sammy Watkins? You can't possible mean that, so I must have read that wrong. The Rams, possibly division winner, 10 to 12 win season, phenomenal offense with first year head coach is going to fire who exactly? You do realize that the Rams coaches are trying to win NFL games, not pad the fantasy football stats of a vastly over rated WR. Fact is Watkins has greatly underwhelmed this year in a great situation. He has had plenty of time to get himself integrated in the Rams offense, yet he is routinely outplayed by either Woods or a 3rd round rookie.

If anyone on the Rams lose their job, it will be Sammy Watkins.

Watkins actually helps the Rams offense and it was a good move bringing him. He can run deep routes and keeps defenses honest. He is just closer to WR 2/3 than a WR 1. He is simply not an elite WR.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 am

he hasn't even been all that terrible, still in the top 36 WR with no volume at all really. Take the young stud and hope for stud like output to come....please....maybe..

last 4 weeks he has 3/4 with 11 or more points in a .5ppr so things are already looking up for him with Woods out
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 pm :whistle: g

Did you just say that someone within the Rams organization is going to lose their job due to under utilizing Sammy Watkins? You can't possible mean that, so I must have read that wrong. The Rams, possibly division winner, 10 to 12 win season, phenomenal offense with first year head coach is going to fire who exactly? You do realize that the Rams coaches are trying to win NFL games, not pad the fantasy football stats of a vastly over rated WR. Fact is Watkins has greatly underwhelmed this year in a great situation. He has had plenty of time to get himself integrated in the Rams offense, yet he is routinely outplayed by either Woods or a 3rd round rookie.

Watkins actually helps the Rams offense and it was a good move bringing him. He can run deep routes and keeps defenses honest. He is just closer to WR 2/3 than a WR 1. He is simply not an elite WR.
i dont think this is accurate. in the TWO games where Sammy has gotten 7 or more targets (aka opportunities to show wtf he can do with the ball) he has a total of 186 yards and 3 TDs.

THROW THE MAN THE BALL

anyone saying he stinks is way off base and isnt understanding that the Rams are spreading the ball around a ton and the situation is not great for Sammy but he is doing very well in his role and helping his team when his number is called
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am

I'll take Sammy as well, assuming it's a 1QB league, but we gotta stop calling him a stud. If I'm not allowed to refer to Keenan Allen as a stud, then there's no way Sammy is a stud. Stud potential? Sure.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 pm :whistle: g

We are essentially saying the same thing. He likely will not be a true WR1 for fantasy purposes, but if even reaches WR2/3 status, you are giving up a lot for Mack and Ryan, it simply does not add up. The Rams are winning now and are coached great, but management either has to figure out how to use him (he's too expensive to just be a decoy) or they need to admit they are wasting money, for which someone made the decision to trade for him. Maybe the losing the job comment is a bit much, but it won't bode well for the decision-maker here if they don't utilize him.

Again, THROW HIM THE BALL. and give him an entire offseason, camp, and rapport with his young QB, and his value should significant rise. Not to elite level, but even as a solid WR2, high level WR3 he will be a great contributor to dynasty teams for years to come. I also love the fact that he doesn't complain and make it about him, like AB or most other diva WR's. That has to be valued organizationally on a young team.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am

hjernazian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am :whistle: g
Again, THROW HIM THE BALL. and give him an entire offseason, camp, and rapport with his young QB, and his value should significant rise. Not to elite level, but even as a solid WR2, high level WR3 he will be a great contributor to dynasty teams for years to come. I also love the fact that he doesn't complain and make it about him, like AB or most other diva WR's. That has to be valued organizationally on a young team.
So we are now praising a player for not demanding the ball on a top 5 offense and the number 2 scoring offense? If he did so, he would sound like a complete fool, so I guess it is a positive that he is not a complete fool.

What he is a 4th option on a top scoring offense. Watkins wants to be considered an elite WR and get a big contract, yet he has done nothing in the last 3 years to justify it. It will be interesting to see how big of a contract his potential will get him. Or maybe he signs a 1 year prove it deal like Alshon.

This is the real Sammy;
http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/0 ... was-bills/

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am I'll take Sammy as well, assuming it's a 1QB league, but we gotta stop calling him a stud. If I'm not allowed to refer to Keenan Allen as a stud, then there's no way Sammy is a stud. Stud potential? Sure.
Keenan isn't a stud? :shock:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am I'll take Sammy as well, assuming it's a 1QB league, but we gotta stop calling him a stud. If I'm not allowed to refer to Keenan Allen as a stud, then there's no way Sammy is a stud. Stud potential? Sure.
I think he definitely is, but a lot of people kept saying he's not.

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Going Watkins here.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 am
I think he definitely is, but a lot of people kept saying he's not.
Eh, I think that's just Skip :ewink:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:54 am

The Rams also paid big bucks for him. If they simply don't use him, someone within the organization is going to lose their job.

I can't wait for when the 11-4 Rams with first year coaches and executives start firing everyone involved with building a great offense, but trading for Sammy Watkins and not spoon feeding him the ball to pad his precious fantasy stats so fantasy football fans can go... see, look how awesome Sammy Watkins is.

Sure Sammy is sure to kill it next year, he hasn't killed it for the past 3 years, but there is always next year to be optimistic.