Landry vs Parker

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Landry or Parker

Parker
38%
Landry
62%

Total votes: 45

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Landry vs Parker

Postby Vcize » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm

As a Dolphins' fan, Parker is all hype, no substance.

47% of his points this year have come in games where they trailed by 20+ points with less than 2 minutes remaining.

Forget garbage time. If it's just garbage time and the DBs are still half trying then he still doesn't produce. He needs beyond garbage time, when the DBs already have one foot on the bus and are just trying not to get injured.

And all of this with a QB that's supposed to play exactly to Parker's strengths and against Landry's.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

coldfusion167
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby coldfusion167 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Landry no doubt about it.
TEAM 1: 14 Team PPR
QB: T. Lawrence, D. Carr
RB: K. Walker, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, J. Ford, Z. Charbonnet, R. Doodle
WR: T. Hill, S. Diggs, K. Allen, J. Meyers, D. Mooney, S. Moore, R. Moore, J. Palmer, K. Osborn, K. Shakir
TE: D. Waller, G. Everett

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:47 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:57 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 am How is Parker still ahead in the poll? I feel like every year the same poll/question comes up, and for some reason, Parker continues to get more love.
Because people are always chasing the next stud and Landry isn't one. Seems like a pursuit in folly to me, to overlook a solid contributor like Landry for the hope/potential/promise of a guy like Parker, but it's not at all surprising that people do it. They always do
Right, I forget that "solid contributors" averaging 8.0 YPR never flame out either.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Where is the Kenny Stills option? :D
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Aldonall
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Aldonall » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Landry.

I truly don't understand the Landry hate. He's finished, what, top 15 the past two seasons, and on the same pace again this year. I'll take a high-floor, top tier WR2 in PPR/0.5PPR any day of the week.

I get offers of second and very late first round picks for him on the regular, and for the life of me will never understand the valuation.
10 Team League: 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 Flex, 0.5 PPR:

QB: Mahomes, Allen, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Kamara, Akers, Jones
WR: AJB, Chase, Evans, Cooks Juju, Mooney, Davis, Rondale, Marshall Jr.
TE: Pitts, Engram

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:47 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:57 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 am How is Parker still ahead in the poll? I feel like every year the same poll/question comes up, and for some reason, Parker continues to get more love.
Because people are always chasing the next stud and Landry isn't one. Seems like a pursuit in folly to me, to overlook a solid contributor like Landry for the hope/potential/promise of a guy like Parker, but it's not at all surprising that people do it. They always do
Right, I forget that "solid contributors" averaging 8.0 YPR never flame out either.
Averaging 8 ppg? Who are you referring to? Landry is currently averaging 15 ppg and is ranked as the #10 WR in the league despite having one of the worst QBs in the league throwing him the football. Back-to-back-to-back top 15 seasons. This vote should be much more lopsided.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am

While I'm not disagreeing with you skip, he was saying 8.0 yards per reception, not 8.0 points per game.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am
While I'm not disagreeing with you skip, he was saying 8.0 yards per reception, not 8.0 points per game.
Wow... Thanks. Not sure how I read that so wrong (apologies, DD). While that may be his ypr this season, his career is over 10. At the low average this year can easily be explained away by having garbage at quarterback. I know there is talk today about him ending up getting traded out of Miami and I can only think that that is a good thing at least as far as this year is concerned. Aren't really very many worse situations for him to land in.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.